The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Riven Transmutation. Is it completely random? Thoughts

Stormandreas

Hey all, I'm making this for 2 things.

1. I want to ask any and all Devs, the Riven Transmutation that's coming, is it that we give 4 say... Pistol Rivens in, then we get 1 completely random one out (so we could put in 2 Lato, 1 Embolist and 1 Kunai riven, but then we end up getting another Lato Riven because RNG), or can we choose a weapon that we get the riven for.

I mean, we're sacraficing FOUR rivens to get 1, and Rivens are already so heavily RNG reliant, especially only being accessable through Sorties, with losing 3 of them we should at least be able to choose what weapon we get it for, otherwise we're then running on RNG (Sorties), On RNG (Riven weapon), on RNG (Riven Stats), on RNG (riven re-rolls if applicable), on RNG (transmutation)
THAT'S 5 LEVELS OF RNG WE WOULD NEED TO GO THROUGH!!! That, I think we can all agree, is far too much, and isn't really acceptable, so at least reward players for being dedicated enough to get the 4 and let them choose.

2. What do the players thing of the Riven Transmutation system, or Transmutation system alltogether? Do you guys think we should be able to choose the weapon we get the Transmuted Riven for, or should we still have the insane levels of RNG? Should we do away with the Transmutation system and get a market type system for handing in mods similar to Baro Ki'Teer?

Please let's make this noticed to the Devs so we can get a clear answer without people having to sacrifice their hard earned Rivens to find out!!! Perhaps @[DE]Rebecca could help shed some light :)

Edited by Stormandreas

your first "thought" is already wrong and answered in the news post

ahem quote:

Combining four Rivens of the same type (i.e Rifle, Melee, Shotgun, etc.) will result in a transmuted Riven of that type.

2. i like the riven sytem and i think this way it is implemented well giving trash rivens a.k.a. unlucky people another shot for getting a good riven

5 minutes ago, Calumniis said:

your first "thought" is already wrong and answered in the news post

ahem quote:

Combining four Rivens of the same type (i.e Rifle, Melee, Shotgun, etc.) will result in a transmuted Riven of that type.

2. i like the riven sytem and i think this way it is implemented well giving trash rivens a.k.a. unlucky people another shot for getting a good riven

Just now, Ham_Grenabe said:

No, he's not wrong -- it seems like a Lato riven is an entirely possible result. 4 Pistol Rivens combined yield another pistol riven, so you could get the same one as one you transmuted. 

Just like Ham_Geranbe said, it's entirely possible we put 4 trash Lato rivens in and we get another Lato riven out, which defeats the ENTIRE PURPOSE of the transmutation system.

4 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

Just like Ham_Geranbe said, it's entirely possible we put 4 trash Lato rivens in and we get another Lato riven out, which defeats the ENTIRE PURPOSE of the transmutation system.

the purpose of transmutation was never to give you better mods than you slotted in. the purpose of the system is to have a chance at making unsellable rivens useable.

I agree with what you said. we have to get some sorta + in this system 

now I think choosing or having an effect on what wep that riven is for isn't gonna happen, it'll disrupt the market way too much. 

personally I feel like being able to choose 1 stat that that riven has is a good +. ofc it should only be a 'QoL' stats like reload speed, recoil, punch through, zoom, and an element/IPS...etc 

another option is that we get to choose the polarity, opening test and MR requirement...etc, or that the riven is already max ranked when we get it from transmutation 

I just wish they did what Brozime suggested for this system. Make transmutation completely free for everybody, just like normal transmutation. And make the new eidolons drop a locking mechanism, which would be a one time use item, that would make it so you could lock a certain stat on a riven permanently so that it never changes when you reroll.

That would make it a lot more engaging, imo. Not sure theyre going to do that, but we can hope.

The Riven transmutation overall is a mind boggling random idea. I mean; 4 Rivens to create 1 Riven? That's kinda of a high risk for most players, But if DE somehow included of what type of weapon we would like to bet on (Rifle, Shotgun,Etc) then it would be too bad since your putting your mindset into that one category. Or if we could dispose Rivens or mods into kuva depending on your roll count or something. But this is my overall idea.

3 minutes ago, lioganda said:

I just wish they did what Brozime suggested for this system. Make transmutation completely free for everybody, just like normal transmutation. And make the new eidolons drop a locking mechanism, which would be a one time use item, that would make it so you could lock a certain stat on a riven permanently so that it never changes when you reroll.

That would make it a lot more engaging, imo. Not sure theyre going to do that, but we can hope.

i saw the video, and i agree 100% and also make the locking item tradeable 

vor 18 Minuten schrieb GinKenshin:

I agree with what you said. we have to get some sorta + in this system 

But we get a "+" in this system, most importantly 1) we get another free chance at rolling an awesome new Riven for a Weapon we might like without running another Sortie... and 2) we clean up our inventory, each Riven Slot is worth 20 Plat, so having them wasted on Trash Rivens is bad. Instead of purchasing 3 more for 60 Plat, we can transmute the trash ones we don't like, essentially saving us those 60 Plat. It's even better if you're already maxed out on Slots, then every Trash Riven in your inventory is really just a burden and nothing else, sacrificing them for a chance of something better is a trade where you can only win, and even if you don't, you don't lose anything of value. 

How is that not a massive improvement compared to what we have now? Which is, nothing at all.

1 hour ago, Maercurial said:

But we get a "+" in this system, most importantly 1) we get another free chance at rolling an awesome new Riven for a Weapon we might like without running another Sortie... and 2) we clean up our inventory, each Riven Slot is worth 20 Plat, so having them wasted on Trash Rivens is bad. Instead of purchasing 3 more for 60 Plat, we can transmute the trash ones we don't like, essentially saving us those 60 Plat. It's even better if you're already maxed out on Slots, then every Trash Riven in your inventory is really just a burden and nothing else, sacrificing them for a chance of something better is a trade where you can only win, and even if you don't, you don't lose anything of value. 

How is that not a massive improvement compared to what we have now? Which is, nothing at all.

apart from the OP, that awesome new riven might not be so awesome, in fact, there's a huge chance for that. also, trash rivens can be sold. even my worst ones I can sell for 5p, or give them out as a + when I'm doing other trades, like I'll give you X and this riven for Y 

I think everyone complaining has this whole Riven Transmutation expectation wrong. We can all agree that the current Riven system is....less than perfect. But DE is not trying to FIX it with this transmutation update. Everyone thinks that it's supposed to make the whole system better...I think the scope of it is way more limited. I think DE is just trying to address a simple use-case of "I have a bunch of trash Rivens, I don't want to take the time to roll/sell/trade them, and they are taking up valuable space in my inventory". Their answer is to give you another chance to roll something valuable with them. Sure it's expensive, sure it's still completely at the mercy of RNG...but it's better than the current setup where you just dissolve the Rivens to free up space. People are freaking out because it's not what they want to fix everything. I'm looking at it another way - at least it gives us another option to do something with extra Rivens. The only thing I'd get pissed about is how the drop system will be set up with the new Eidolons. I would really hate it if I got one of these transmutation drops instead of an arcade drop. That is what would piss me off.

35 minutes ago, Foreigndevil said:

I think everyone complaining has this whole Riven Transmutation expectation wrong. We can all agree that the current Riven system is....less than perfect. But DE is not trying to FIX it with this transmutation update. Everyone thinks that it's supposed to make the whole system better...I think the scope of it is way more limited. I think DE is just trying to address a simple use-case of "I have a bunch of trash Rivens, I don't want to take the time to roll/sell/trade them, and they are taking up valuable space in my inventory". Their answer is to give you another chance to roll something valuable with them. Sure it's expensive, sure it's still completely at the mercy of RNG...but it's better than the current setup where you just dissolve the Rivens to free up space. People are freaking out because it's not what they want to fix everything. I'm looking at it another way - at least it gives us another option to do something with extra Rivens. The only thing I'd get pissed about is how the drop system will be set up with the new Eidolons. I would really hate it if I got one of these transmutation drops instead of an arcade drop. That is what would piss me off.

^^^^^^^ 1+

Edited by PR1D3

6 hours ago, lioganda said:

That would certainly encourage me to run sorties and poe a lot more than ever before. Become generally bored of both for a while now.

But yeah, I doubt they'll do that as De love rng too much.

I rolled 4 melee rivens for weapons I dont use, into a damn Deconstructor riven.

This system is a waste of time IMO. Too much at the mercy of RNG throughout the entirety of the Riven system before this transmutation, just to end up screwed by the transmutation systems RNG.

I'm close to that "take a break" stage in Warframe. Really sucks, especially considering how excited I continually get over new content, and then get continually let down by how unrewarding the entirety of the new content ends up being.

To respond to the OP though, yes, we should be able to pick the weapon that the rivens unlock for considering the amount of time invested into getting 4 rivens, unlocking, grinding out the Terry/Gary/Harry, and then again unlocking that new riven.

Edited by Giantconch