Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's really time to rework SURVIVAL missions-they're stupid!

(PSN)ChildrenOf_Ariel

Why does a Warframe need air; it's a machine/robot isn't it? Warframe as a game has ALWAYS cheated player's on these missions. Being robots, it's air breathing Corpus, Grineer, and Infestation that would need the air. And once "life support" runs out, these invaders are in no danger at all. Why? The air-packs they carry only supply 3 seconds of air. Enemies levels are increased at least by 5 for every 5 minutes after the first 15 minutes, WITHOUT ANY compensation to the player. Health, and Energy remain at 25 points, while the Enemies, the environment hazards, and their weapons all become stronger. Another big problem with "Survival missions" is player based. I can't tell you how many times because I didn't go with my own team, or alone, that it's taken hours to get a Tenno, or weapons from level 0 to 30, when it shouldn't take more than 40 minutes. Self dilutional "Kill Counters" that are neither leveling, or farming (materials, and/or relics), pull everybody else in the mission out the moment they get pull ahead in kills. This wasn't always a problem, but developed shortly after the introduction of the "Second Dream".        

yadda yadda, Life Support exists to force Players to be playing to get Rewards, rather than being able to not Kill anything and just go AFK in a hole. not entirely logical but exactly the way it works is how it prevents Players not Killing Enemies.

Players don't scale in Endless Missions because you're supposed to leave at some point. if you scaled with it, you would not.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)ChildrenOf_Ariel said:

Self dilutional "Kill Counters" that are neither leveling, or farming (materials, and/or relics), pull everybody else in the mission out the moment they get pull ahead in kills. This wasn't always a problem, but developed shortly after the introduction of the "Second Dream".        

what? i don't understand what you're saying.

In regards to warframes and the need for oxygen, a warframe being a bio-mechanical device would most assuredly use a form of chemical air battery.

think of hearing aids, they have a very high energy density due to using the air around them in a reactive nature to create electrical flow.

taking into account the size of warframes being air batteries one could argue that it makes perfect sense.

now I'm sure someone is going to pipe up and mention tenno operators void powers. but for any sort of transference you'd need an already powered receiver to channel those abilities, think a radio picking up radio signals to play music.

other then that I'd love to hear a well thought out counter argument, but then again this is a game and not a physics sim *shrugs*

Actually warframes are not machines or robots (not completely at least). They are infested inside. And because of that like any living creature they need air to breathe, and Vay Hek like no one else cares about that. By the way, that is why warframes lose their health when experiencing decompression.

And on top of that, it is not us who firstly need air during the survival. It is the operative who looking for supplies on the other end of the ship.

And about capsules carried by enemies, they are personal life support while we try to sustain the atmosphere throughout the entire ship. That is why they only last for three seconds.

What I'd like to see adjusted is commentary that the agent we are causing the ruckus for, to keep them safe, needs the air support to survive. And maybe add a bit here and there to focus where we gotta go.

So, say the enemies have shut systems down, we then have to turn different stuff back on, and we need to activate our own power and life support devices.

So Survival stays more or less the same and we have to go to the various points to do something other than activate a life support module.

10 minutes ago, MakeLuvNotWerFrame said:

In regards to warframes and the need for oxygen, a warframe being a bio-mechanical device would most assuredly use a form of chemical air battery.

think of hearing aids, they have a very high energy density due to using the air around them in a reactive nature to create electrical flow.

taking into account the size of warframes being air batteries one could argue that it makes perfect sense.

now I'm sure someone is going to pipe up and mention tenno operators void powers. but for any sort of transference you'd need an already powered receiver to channel those abilities, think a radio picking up radio signals to play music.

other then that I'd love to hear a well thought out counter argument, but then again this is a game and not a physics sim *shrugs*

Hmm, that does seem to make sense, however I must ask, could you explain hydroid's abilities? I just can't wrap my head around him being able to sink into a puddle on solid steel and sometimes into thin air and then reappear like nothing happened. Also how exactly is he able to summon a random tentacle monster sideways, upside down, etc. on solid steel? Last time I checked Nova was the wormhole warframe.

4 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Spartan Roks said:

Hmm, that does seem to make sense, however I must ask, could you explain hydroid's abilities? I just can't wrap my head around him being able to sink into a puddle on solid steel and sometimes into thin air and then reappear like nothing happened. Also how exactly is he able to summon a random tentacle monster sideways, upside down, etc. on solid steel? Last time I checked Nova was the wormhole warframe.

I wouldn't be surprised if hydroid used a sort of 4th dimensional space shift. like into void space but where space itself has a different density and volume, think TARDIS

it's still there but appears only as a puddle from the outside.

Edited by MakeLuvNotWerFrame

1 minute ago, MakeLuvNotWerFrame said:

I wouldn't be supprised if hydroid used a sort of 4th dimensional space shift. like void space but when space itself has a different density and volume, think TARDUS

it's still there but appears only as a puddle from the outside.

So not only does he have the whole water schtick under wraps, but he's also taking limbo's job as well? Wait, what if a hydroid puddled inside of a limbo bubble?

30 minutes ago, (PS4)ChildrenOf_Ariel said:

Being robots, it's air breathing Corpus, Grineer, and Infestation that would need the air. And once "life support" runs out, these invaders are in no danger at all. Why? The air-packs they carry only supply 3 seconds of air.   

I always thought that it was enough air for one person/creature only. And when the air is added to a machine that sprays it into a ship, 3 seconds worth was all the air the can had in it. The oxygen (or whatever air it is) would be so diluted into the rest of the air, I'm shocked we get the amount that we do!

For leveling weapons, I always do dark sector defense missions that has an exp boost for the type of gear I'm leveling. Survivals take too long.

I do agree somewhat tho. Survivals need freshened up a little bit. I like them! But I don't dive deep.

2 minutes ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

What I'd like to see adjusted is commentary that the agent we are causing the ruckus for, to keep them safe, needs the air support to survive. And maybe add a bit here and there to focus where we gotta go.

So, say the enemies have shut systems down, we then have to turn different stuff back on, and we need to activate our own power and life support devices.

So Survival stays more or less the same and we have to go to the various points to do something other than activate a life support module.

Yeah!   Or have three people be the diversion and one person be the covert agent we never see. The player could pick the role though, that way someone isn't stuck doing something they don't like. If all 4 people pick the normal survival mode, the commentary could reflect that an agent is running around like they do now. We could have the normal survival mission, or add a little flavor by being the agent looking for whatever needed to be found/hacked.

Obviously solo players couldn't pick being the agent though, cuz there wouldn't be a diversion for them. So it would be normal survival mission helping the agent like we do now.

That would be fun.

Or what if certain parts of the ship didn't have oxygen, and to reach those parts you had to unlock doors, break airlocks, or whatever, then fill the room with enough oxygen that we wouldn't die fighting in that section. That would mix it up a bit too.

The argument is about real world physics. In Warframe there are 2 sets of physics, 1 for players, and a superior set for Game Characters. How many times have you seen Enemies lift themself over a fense that's not there, put down a Blut in 1 second, while Tenno are locked unprotected for 3 seconds pressing "Life-support", or flesh & blood Bombards shoot themselves in the foot, but take no damage, or survival mission locations decide wether a 100% stasis weapons returns health, or when it wants to give it to you?

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Spartan Roks said:

I've had the crazy thought that Undertow is a localized folding of space-time of sorts, turning three dimensional matter into something else, and so what is seen is a puddle that absorbs almost anything that touches it. The whole 3D Hologram of our existance actually being 2D theory and so forth.

So maybe Hydroid is actually a quantum physicist (Limbo was a mathematician), and has worked to hide that fact behind a buccaneer style and Cthuthu space monster that thrashes and bashes his critics and enemies.

5 minutes ago, (PS4)ChildrenOf_Ariel said:

The argument is about real world physics. In Warframe there are 2 sets of physics, 1 for players, and a superior set for Game Characters. How many times have you seen Enemies lift themself over a fense that's not there, put down a Blut in 1 second, while Tenno are locked unprotected for 3 seconds pressing "Life-support", or flesh & blood Bombards shoot themselves in the foot, but take no damage, or survival mission locations decide wether a 100% stasis weapons returns health, or when it wants to give it to you?

if you wanna add enemy self damage, be my guest, although I doubt it'll do much against the scaling armor levels that comes in an endless mission

8 minutes ago, MakeLuvNotWerFrame said:

wouldn't be any stranger then a balloon inside a balloon tbh

Balloons-inside.jpg

I'm legit laughing so hard right now XD I guess since helium is slowly running out, we gotta recycle

5 minutes ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

I've had the crazy thought that Undertow is a localized folding of space-time of sorts, turning three dimensional matter into something else, and so what is seen is a puddle that absorbs almost anything that touches it. The whole 3D Hologram of our existance actually being 2D theory and so forth.

So maybe Hydroid is actually a quantum physicist (Limbo was a mathematician), and has worked to hide that fact behind a buccaneer style and Cthuthu space monster that thrashes and bashes his critics and enemies.

Wow, I really should play hydroid a bit more if his fanon is that rad.