Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

It's really time to rework SURVIVAL missions-they're stupid!

(PSN)ChildrenOf_Ariel

the question I'd like to see asked that I'm sure not many if any has considdered is, when playing a 1+ squad. be it 2-4 players

and they run to all distant parts of the level. how does the o2 transverse the level instantly to all players AND, how does one pod fill 30% regardless of the overall volume of the level you are playing on

53411d41c7d83.png

11 minutes ago, Keyse said:

Yeah!   Or have three people be the diversion and one person be the covert agent we never see. The player could pick the role though, that way someone isn't stuck doing something they don't like. If all 4 people pick the normal survival mode, the commentary could reflect that an agent is running around like they do now. We could have the normal survival mission, or add a little flavor by being the agent looking for whatever needed to be found/hacked.

Obviously solo players couldn't pick being the agent though, cuz there wouldn't be a diversion for them. So it would be normal survival mission helping the agent like we do now.

That would be fun.

Or what if certain parts of the ship didn't have oxygen, and to reach those parts you had to unlock doors, break airlocks, or whatever, then fill the room with enough oxygen that we wouldn't die fighting in that section. That would mix it up a bit too.

Yeah, I've seen this idea raised before, certainly possible to explore.

Just wanted to share that my head canon on this is that, that is how agents get caught that we later rescue, in the various Rescue missions and Sortie Defense. That they get caught and we then have to go bail them out before it's too late.

14 minutes ago, (PS4)ChildrenOf_Ariel said:

A manufactured body, without a brain, mind, or heart.  What is it?

So, we already know warframes don't have internal organs? How could I miss such an important fact? Could you please provide any proof to it?

4 minutes ago, (PS4)ChildrenOf_Ariel said:

You miss the point: If shooting yourself in the foot causes damage, then the same should be true for the Enemies.

Except we know enemies don't use the same weapons we do. The Ogris found in the Grineer lab is reverse engineered version of the AT-Ogris' Bombards use. Ours causes self damage and doesn't home in but is faster to fire.

Also Warframes must have at least a heart because of the Helminth cyst.

Edited by Cryptix123

2 minutes ago, Cryptix123 said:

Except we know enemies don't use the same weapons we do. The Ogris found in the Grineer lab is reverse engineered version of the AT-Ogris' Bombards use. Ours causes self damage and doesn't home in but is faster to fire.

Also Warframes must have at least a heart because of the Helminth cyst.

3 of the 4 weapons labs in a dojo aren't Tenno-gen._It's mods that determine upgraded differences.

Just now, (PS4)ChildrenOf_Ariel said:

3 of the 4 weapons labs in a dojo aren't Tenno-gen._It's mods that determine upgraded differences.

I don't think you understand. We research weapons in the labs - that's why they're called labs. We're not using the enemy's weapons, we're reverse engineering them.

39 минут назад, (PS4)ChildrenOf_Ariel сказал:

A manufactured body, without a brain, mind, or heart.  What is it?

Actally warframes do have a heart.

I wonder what's under that scary, smoky exterior. A heart of gold, perhaps? - this is the quote from Alad V's transmission during The Second Dream. And you know, he studied warframes for quite a long to know what is inside them.

25 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

So, we already know warframes don't have internal organs? How could I miss such an important fact? Could you please provide any proof to it?

It's a game, Warframe are algorithms held in database arrays. NOT REAL. They have whatever D.E. programmers say they have. The point about air actually comes into play when it runs out. If you shoot the enemy afterwards, they no longer transfer their air -pack to the player. This post isn't about adventure, hell Destiny2 has adventure, it's about fairness.

22 minutes ago, (PS4)ChildrenOf_Ariel said:

It's a game, Warframe are algorithms held in database arrays. NOT REAL. They have whatever D.E. programmers say they have. The point about air actually comes into play when it runs out. If you shoot the enemy afterwards, they no longer transfer their air -pack to the player. This post isn't about adventure, hell Destiny2 has adventure, it's about fairness.

So what you're now complaining about is that you don't like hunting for life support.

Feedback is up that way.

1 hour ago, SPARTAN-187.Thanatos said:

Yeah, I've seen this idea raised before, certainly possible to explore.

Just wanted to share that my head canon on this is that, that is how agents get caught that we later rescue, in the various Rescue missions and Sortie Defense. That they get caught and we then have to go bail them out before it's too late.

Ah, that's a good point.

2 hours ago, (PS4)ChildrenOf_Ariel said:

Why does a Warframe need air; it's a machine/robot isn't it?

on the inside, yeah. on the outside it's living flesh, which needs a supply of blood and Oxygen to stay alive and not die and decay. Warframes can be loosely compared to cyborgs (living tissue over metal endoskeleton), with the main difference being that instead of computers, they are powered using Transference and Void Energy.

Why? The air-packs they carry only supply 3 seconds of air

dropping life support is just a game mechanic to ensure you don't die. lorewise, Corpus and Grineer suits likely have a built-in system that constantly cycles Oxygen, and Infestation doesn't need oxygen to survive, look at Eris' ships and the Jordas Golem.

Health, and Energy remain at 25 points, while the Enemies, the environment hazards, and their weapons all become stronger

erm... that's kind of the point. if there were no challenge you'd be able to stay in a survival indefinitely. is that what you want? because that would get boring pretty fast without increased risk to the player. it's called Survival because you have to fight to survive. it's not called " easy endless slaughter mode".

I can't tell you how many times because I didn't go with my own team, or alone, that it's taken hours to get a Tenno, or weapons from level 0 to 30, when it shouldn't take more than 40 minutes. Self dilutional "Kill Counters" that are neither leveling, or farming (materials, and/or relics), pull everybody else in the mission out the moment they get pull ahead in kills. This wasn't always a problem, but developed shortly after the introduction of the "Second Dream".     

if Survivals aren't levelling your equipment at a pace you like, there are nodes such as Akkad and Hydron where many people go to level items, it's effective and you've a very good chance of finding other players who just want to get the job done because they want the same thing you do; to level their gear. if it took just 40 minutes to level something anywhere, Warframe would be a much shorter game.

there's nothing wrong with survivals, you just need to learn to use life support sparingly.

Noone has confirmed that Warframes are robots in or outside of the game. Not even Alad V himself.

A change I would like to see I little tasks to call the attention of the enemy. As the Lotus explains when you start that you're a distraction for an operative to steal resources. Making them more interactive on top of the keep life support on and don't get blown up.

Цитата

Why does a Warframe need air; it's a machine/robot isn't it? 

Nope. It's not.

Цитата

Noone has confirmed that Warframes are robots in or outside of the game. Not even Alad V himself.

Game and materials for the game pretty much confirmed otherwise i.e Jordas, the queens, rhino codex and Mirage p trailer where Ballas vaguelly was talking about the creation of Mirage.

Edited by -Temp0-

7 hours ago, (PS4)ChildrenOf_Ariel said:

Enemies levels are increased at least by 5 for every 5 minutes after the first 15 minutes, WITHOUT ANY compensation to the player. Health, and Energy remain at 25 points, while the Enemies, the environment hazards, and their weapons all become stronger.

That's why it's called "Survival". Literally the entire point is to see how long you can survive as it becomes more and more challenging... :)

The entire point of endless missions and enemy scaling is to let the player throw themselves at increasingly more powerful odds until they're eventually forced out by the sheer damage and tankiness of the enemy. That's what all endless missions are about. The oxygen mechanic has been added to force players to move around instead of turtling in an end tile and waiting for the masses to funnel through the hallways.

Also, you think that warfames don't need oxygen? Have you looked at your frame's mouth/nose area on an ice planet tileset?

Don't get me wrong, I share your dislike for survivals to a certain degree. I don't want them to be regarded as 'endgame' content that needs to reward players mind numbingly grinding the same mission for hours at a time. They're fun in spurts, just like everything else. Same goes for every other mission type. You do it more than 5 times in a row and it starts feeling really, really samey.