Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We should go to Earth's other tile sets

Nah_NotReally

Since Cetus and the Plains of Eidolon are on Earth, there should be ways to access other missions that normally occur by visiting that planet. There are only 4 other tile sets connected to Earth, so adding in 4 ways to leave Cetus/Poe shouldn’t be too big of a challenge for the devs.

I personally feel that criticism should come with suggestion, so here is mine:

An NPC within Cetus would offer missions that specifically utilize Earth's other tile sets. Talking with them will place a marker on the Poe map which will send the player to the mission. The placed markers would appear in locations that make sense for the target tile sets.

• A marker would appear within a deep new cave that leads to the Grineer Forest.
  • Another would appear somewhere in the sky at the ceiling of Poe, accessible only with an archwing, to travel to Free Space.
  • Add the archwing swimming mechanic to Poe and some underwater environment beyond special areas of the beaches to make exit points leading to a Grineer Sealab.
  • Start a small precondition mission that hijacks a Grineer cargo ship to be autopiloted to the interior of a Grineer Galleon.

I think this would also be a comfortable way to connect Poe and Cetus to the rest of the game and can be done to future landscapes and their planets’ tile sets.

S/n: This is feedback that includes a fan concept, so I wasn’t sure of which topic I should post it in.

giphy.gif

My reaction if any dev acknowledges this post

Edited by Nah_NotReally

I think the idea is a sound one, multi-part, multi-zone missions could be used to ease players new to working in team oriented play or just wanting to prioritize being able to take all comers of mission objectives. Good idea.

8 hours ago, Urlan said:

I think the idea is a sound one, multi-part, multi-zone missions could be used to ease players new to working in team oriented play or just wanting to prioritize being able to take all comers of mission objectives. Good idea.

Thanks, I feel like it's a natural step to take since the player is already on the planet and there is currently a disconnect between Poe and everything else. 

On 2/10/2018 at 5:25 PM, thecursedcometh said:

how can we be sure that was on Earth?

We visit a snowscape in an Earth quest right at the beginning during "Once Awake" when we only have coordinates for Earth. The War Within merely reconfirms their existence.

Edited by Unus

15 hours ago, Nah_NotReally said:

I preferred the longer cycles too, but 50 minutes is fine if we can continue our missions on other tile sets.

Currently, time just passes too fast when adventuring in the Plains, similar to "Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest" game.

"What a horrible night to have a curse."

Image result for castlevania 2

Edited by xV3NOMx