The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I feel really bad for raid communities

bronzebonobo

You couldn't just leave them up at their current builds, instead you have decided to delete them, oh well (sigh) feel bad for content creators that run warframe raids as the main attraction of their channels. Hope you guys can find something new to cover and prosper with new content.

I can agree in that regard, it is annoying to be losing out on a mode without anything to fill that gap, perhaps players that are interested can ask about the plans for filling that need for content - and not just cosmetics, nice as they are - during tomorrow's devstream. I for one am interested in the future of arcane enhancements, plans for Dark Sector conflicts, and trying to make missions like Trials more approachable to the full player audience.

1 minute ago, WhiteMarker said:

DE removes the raid becomes practically nobody plays them. So compared to the whole community there is no such thing as a raid community.
And if these people leave because of the removal then this "raid community" does it wrong.

I see where you are going with this, but at the same time they are still apart of our community. I didn't know this game had a raid for my first 100 hours of playing because there was nothing to point me to it, i honestly think that is why they weren't played as much

Just now, bronzebonobo said:

I see where you are going with this, but at the same time they are still apart of our community. I didn't know this game had a raid for my first 100 hours of playing because there was nothing to point me to it, i honestly think that is why they weren't played as much

If people don't know about them then the removal isn't of interest for these people. So the only people "moved" by that removal are the people that played the raid. And as DE said, that almost nobody.

its more then 5 people,  the issue isn't that there is not enough people running raids, if u look up the raid times u see there is plenty, https://wf.christx.tw/index.php?type=normal   de is more closing it cause most crews wont teach raids, its not new player friendly.  most people that run raids had to find out how to run it.  My crew of 8 run it daily, and all 3.  my biggest issue, isnt that there inst enough people my issue,  is i can host multiple raids at once. cause i have over 10 to 20 people wanting to raid with me. i do agree with it not being new player friendly though, and most of us don't want teach raids,  cause some of the people that join raids, don't bother trying to look up walk through, and join the raid and don't even listen,  i brought some noobs along, if we have room,  But sometimes i regret it cause i get the one player only join for the arcane and the free ride,  they don't even bother try and learn things and become dead weight.

1 minute ago, Darkwolfds said:

its more then 5 people,  the issue isn't that there is not enough people running raids, if u look up the raid times u see there is plenty, https://wf.christx.tw/index.php?type=normal   de is more closing it cause most crews wont teach raids, its not new player friendly.  most people that run raids had to find out how to run it.  My crew of 8 run it daily, and all 3.  my biggest issue, isnt that there inst enough people my issue,  is i can host multiple raids at once. cause i have over 10 to 20 people wanting to raid with me. i do agree with it not being new player friendly though, and most of us don't want teach raids,  cause some of the people that join raids, don't bother trying to look up walk through, and join the raid and don't even listen,  i brought some noobs along, if we have room,  But sometimes i regret it cause i get the one player only join for the arcane and the free ride,  they don't even bother try and learn things and become dead weight.

I think DE is at fault in that department. They're not very new player friendly, the reason most people didn't get into raids is because they no idea what the F*** to do. DE needs to try and explain stuff more into of just pushing it out and never touching it again.

13 minutes ago, (PS4)PS_90210 said:

I don't really see the point in removing it, i just feel that LoR and JV don't hurt the game, so why not keep it

Development time. If you look at it from the development side then raids actually take quite a bit to maintain as well as needing to work around some bits in order to not break them. That for the amount of people actually going through them consistently is in many cases just not worth it to maintain.

So in a way. Keeping them alive (a near constant battle looking at the bugs consistently popping up) actually hurts the game :/

An ideal situation would be them not staying away too long but returning in a way with much better code due to all the experience the team has gotten over time.

Raids? What raids?
Oh, that few missions put together.

Warframe has never aspired to be another WoW, where raids are the big thing, so much that it motivates very large chunk of the community to play the game at first place. Only a huge participation justifies the vast resources and time needed to develop these and even Blizz had serious issues with that at some point. That's why they introduced LFR (extremely forgiving 'newbie mode' based on randomly picked up players, but with weaker, more limited rewards), to encourage the most casual part of the community to play them and it worked out well.

Don't be surprised DE decided to move the human resources and money from something barely ever played into another part of the game, maybe much more popular and requireing less work on their side. At least for now.
If raids are ever to come back, in my opinion DE should think about some kind of 'newbie mode' as well to achieve better participation ratio.

Always bad if a content removed from the game because of the lack of the playerbase on it but it is not the content itself the problem but the developers who made these contents and how not made them interesting and reasonable.

The question is when the conclave, archwing, lunaro will be removed because of the lack of playerbase. The problem is the devs still stick with the peer to peer system and it has a lot of flaws but cheaper than dedicated servers. The dedicated servers could make the game more playable and enjoyable but the devs doesn't want the risk to pay money for servers and hope the peoples will use them. I personally want a hybrid solution and those game modes which needs a good connection to be played flow could finally given the dedicated servers.

As for challenge and for reward they could give away skins and other type of comsetics so they need to make a rotation table with a lot of new cosmetics to make these game modes reasonable and interesting to play. Other than this there is no reasons to play any game mode expect the normal one because it is the most popular and the oldest game mode of all. The other game modes lacks of the servers and rewards which could make these more interesting. The challenge part is fine these game modes can be challenging with a well experienced players but the other parts what I mentionned kills the whole concept. DE need to invest a lot more on these mods if they want their game to become a popular game which can keeps their playerbase. 

1 hour ago, Grekkatarq said:

The question is when the conclave, archwing, lunaro will be removed because of the lack of playerbase. The problem is the devs still stick with the peer to peer system and it has a lot of flaws but cheaper than dedicated servers. The dedicated servers could make the game more playable and enjoyable but the devs doesn't want the risk to pay money for servers and hope the peoples will use them. I personally want a hybrid solution and those game modes which needs a good connection to be played flow could finally given the dedicated servers.

We have had people hosting dedicated servers for over a year now for conclave and lunaro. The real problem is the ultra mobility pvp is very nitch,generally no one sees warframe as pvp, when asked if it does have pvp they are already directed away from it by the populous. There are not enough people for meaningful matchmaking and the loop of people not playing because of said lack of matchmaking and getting slaughtered by the regulars.

Archwing is more and more incorporated into the normal base of gameplay. underwater to the open roams. Albeit the charge pods are a bad roadblock.

Edited by Firetempest

3 hours ago, LupisV0lk said:

I kinda wish people would stop spreading lies and misinformation. Raids are not gone for good, they might get consigned to the same void as conclave but it's not getting remove with the intent of it going away outright.

It's not quite lies and misinformation when they said that they are temporarily taking them away like dark sectors, which have been gone for years.

Edited by (XB1)ultimategamerjr

4 hours ago, WhiteMarker said:

DE removes the raid becomes practically nobody plays them. So compared to the whole community there is no such thing as a raid community.
And if these people leave because of the removal then this "raid community" does it wrong.

4 hours ago, Airwolfen said:

on one side I feel the same. on the other side... I get their removal. The upkeep + how many people actually play them is not great on the side of DE.

conclave has its own team and gets updates constantly. and its played a lot less compared to raids and raid community is far more dedicated than conclave. if de actually cared about "upkeep" they would remove conclave far earlier. de removed it cus it wasnt casual friendly, which i find to extremely stupid. theyre already easy as hell.

I kinda wish people would stop spreading lies and misinformation. Raids are not gone for good, they might get consigned to the same void as conclave but it's not getting remove with the intent of it going away outright.

yeah tell that to the dark sectors. those were "temporarily removed" as well.

5 hours ago, Airwolfen said:

on one side I feel the same. on the other side... I get their removal. The upkeep + how many people actually play them is not great on the side of DE.

Yeah, I was around when they implemented them and the challenge was knowing that family and career could pull me away at any point in the time-sink process, which, based on their set-up, is unacceptably disruptive on my part.

Basically my integrity kept me from ever playing them again, and believe me when I say I wanted that loot.

The content will be back, but whether that content will be in a form that anyone could call a "raid" is another matter entirely.

For example, if the context was made to scale, split up and made into sorte segments, that would fit what DE have said on the matter.

"Raids" may or may not ever come back, but the assets for them will return.

42 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

conclave has its own team and gets updates constantly. and its played a lot less compared to raids and raid community is far more dedicated than conclave. if de actually cared about "upkeep" they would remove conclave far earlier. de removed it cus it wasnt casual friendly, which i find to extremely stupid. theyre already easy as hell.

Conclave has a select set of pretty static maps that do not feature many special functions. movement has long been separated from the main game. Due to it being so disconnected from the game it actually means that upkeep is pretty low cost and is generally limited to creating limited new weapon functions like the Hikou spread fire for a event that eventually made its way to the Fusilai or overpowering the shot on the Opticor.

Bugs are rare so active work on it is rare as well.

The Trials are another beast entirely. In need of Tons and Tons of work but lacking the playercount to really invest into fixing it. 

The most major problem is that progression stoppers pop up from patch to patch as well as some still being there at this moment. It needs work done to it. A LOT of work. Probably more work then ever put into conclave. And the result. From what I see, DE decided to start fresh. When that will be, nobody knows, Its likely that even they don't know. Buts whats visible with this step is that they are no longer prepared to hold the trials on permanent life support.