Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dark Sector Conflicts

(XBOX)Aeries Vendetta

This isn't going to be pleasant feed back.

Can't say how disappointed I am. This game is primarily pve but one cool and unique mode was the dark sector conflicts as we knew them Solar rails. 

It made clans and alliances the thing to have. Encouraged people to play and band together. 

True, it had its bugs and needed a damage adjustment but the potential for full scale clan vs clan and alliance vs alliance true PvP battles was something ive never seen before and with what i saw from the dev stream, never will again until another game decides to capitalize on the missed opportunity by Warframe. 

Im greatly disappointed. I started playing April 2013 and got burned out from the constant pve and grinding and never ending slaughtering of easy to kill enemies with super powered warframes. Then dark sectors came and conclave was introduced keeping me playing the game and waiting for nearly 3 years for solar rails to come back so that we can experience the thrill of fighting your frame off and winning against an entire clan. 

Again, this is horribly disappointing because I was hoping for some love in the pvp department. 

I'm miserable. Seriously. After waiting 2 years just to see more horde mode. Dark Sector conflicts were amazing. Sure they were broken because the weapon's and powers lacked balance for PVP. But they have cleaned up Conclave. Why not re-introduce the DS conflicts? I loved the format, objective-based and the NPC units assisting and the way mods would come online in the order they were slotted. It was glorious.

This is a very poor substitute. Endless exterminate?! Come on, DE!

Edited by RawGritz

11 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Aeries Vendetta said:

I started playing April 2013 and got burned out from the constant pve and grinding and never ending slaughtering of easy to kill enemies with super powered warframes.

This is what most people came to the game for. This is obviously what most of their dev resources go to. There is no shortage of whining any time PvP is tied to any kind of event or exclusive rewards. This may just not be the game for you.

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

This is what most people came to the game for. This is obviously what most of their dev resources go to. There is no shortage of whining any time PvP is tied to any kind of event or exclusive rewards. This may just not be the game for you.

This is conclave feed back for a mode that was pvp based that we now have it confirmed was taken from us. 

Then you come in and tell me a guy who has been playing literally since the same month as you "this may not be the game for you." 

Im old timer here

I must say what I seen so far doesnt interest me , I also would like to say I never like dark sectors and idea of "clan wars" is just horible if youl attach exclusive rewards because it will be monopolized by large clans and alliances

I o hope something interesting will come out as I understand what we seen was nothing more but a tech demo

1 hour ago, (Xbox One)Bubba5234 said:

Can’t say I’m the least bit surprised by the news, unfortunately. I think the VAST majority of vets that were waiting on Rails to come back have moved on. Some would have come back for them, had they been competitive with and as both Clans and Alliances. Us Rail vets just get no love.

You said it man. Lorewalker i highly doubt will return as well as all the rail players we knowjust off the top of our head. Tons of players and clans. 

Edited by (XB1)Aeries Vendetta

On 09/02/2018 at 8:22 PM, RawGritz said:

Sure they were broken because the weapon's and powers lacked balance for PVP. But they have cleaned up Conclave. Why not re-introduce the DS conflicts?

Im all up for dark sectors being up again but the current conclave is so unpopular and wouldn't really get people interested

19 hours ago, ---RV---Maniac said:

Im all up for dark sectors being up again but the current conclave is so unpopular and wouldn't really get people interested

Well thats where youre wrong, one of the reasons raids were removed was lack of player's. Half of that 1.something percent played raids only for the rewards unlike in conclave our community played because they enjoy the pvp

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

Well thats where youre wrong, one of the reasons raids were removed was lack of player's. Half of that 1.something percent played raids only for the rewards unlike in conclave our community played because they enjoy the pvp

15K people dedicated discord server only for raids, Im in contact with alot of the most popular clans in warframe and while raids where supported/enjoyed by most of them, conclave isnt, like most don't really view it in a positive light at all. 

Besides you really saying people don't play conclave for rewards? Conclave has more rewards than raids and it forces you to grind to get them. 

In terms of activity, it's on the same level as raids, that shows the players enjoyement on that game mode. Specially considering conclave forces you to play through it to get certain rewards (can't trade some stuff, unlike arcanes). I don't really see how you can turn around and say that raids are less enjoyable than pvp. I see alot more people enjoying raids than pvp conclave.

Just now, ---RV---Maniac said:

15K people dedicated discord server only for raids, Im in contact with alot of the most popular clans in warframe and while raids where supported/enjoyed by most of them, conclave isnt, like most don't really view it in a positive light at all. 

Besides you really saying people don't play conclave for rewards? Conclave has more rewards than raids and it forces you to grind to get them. 

In terms of activity, it's on the same level as raids, that shows the players enjoyement on that game mode. Specially considering conclave forces you to play through it to get certain rewards (can't trade some stuff, unlike arcanes). I don't really see how you can turn around and say that raids are less enjoyable than pvp. I see alot more people enjoying raids than pvp conclave.

If you play conclave for the rewards you stop playing after you have got them and trust me it isn't hard getting conclave standing or the rewards if you cheese it

Both conclave and raids have about 1. Something constant players out of the entire warframe player base i dont think raids would survive or even be played by anyone if they kept them up and mobed arcanes to the plains unlike in conclave if you were to move the rewards to the market the player base would remain the same

Also i doubt 15k players even play raids anymore, maybe when they first came out 

Conclave has had a steady draw. Thats with the neglect by DE. If they decided to out more effort into PVP they would find not only would their current fanbase move to pvp more and spend more (business mindset) but a lot of other people would flock to it. Look at the pvp only games out there. Smite for example still has a huge draw and its a crappy game in my opinion. 

Just now, (Xbox One)Aeries Vendetta said:

Smite for example still has a huge draw and its a crappy game in my opinion. 

Smite is a moba, intended for pvp. Warframe is PVE game, with no servers and a pvp gameplay thats just eh... But I would like to have PVP that is actually decent though not opposed to that. Something close to the old dark sectors would help greatly the clans, alliances and overall community. Also raids have goten more neglect that pvp, like alot more.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

Both conclave and raids have about 1. Something constant players out of the entire warframe player base i dont think raids would survive or even be played by anyone if they kept them up and mobed arcanes to the plains unlike in conclave if you were to move the rewards to the market the player base would remain the same

Also i doubt 15k players even play raids anymore, maybe when they first came out 

m23sR3W.png

Taken just now, on reset time there's alot more and overall there's about hundreds on this 1 discord server alone doing raids daily, take account the recruitment raids, the dozens of clans that do multiple raids daily and all the premade groupd of friends runing them. And theres just more people involved in raids as far as I see it. Specially considering the effort, coordination and key cost they take compared to pvp where you can just go in to a match. 

Still both modes deserve attention, the new dark sector rework doesn't look good enough as it is, and an improved pvp aspect would help this game greatly on the long run.

12 minutes ago, ---RV---Maniac said:

Smite is a moba, intended for pvp. Warframe is PVE game, with no servers and a pvp gameplay thats just eh... But I would like to have PVP that is actually decent though not opposed to that. Something close to the old dark sectors would help greatly the clans, alliances and overall community. Also raids have goten more neglect 

Still both modes deserve attention, the new dark sector rework doesn't look good enough as it is, and an improved pvp aspect would help this game greatly on the long run.

It warframe was a pve only game it wouldnt have pvp. It has PvP.  I dont know why people keep trying to use that lame arguement. 

We have gotten 2 new maps and as weapons are added to the game they are added to warframe. 

The Dark Sector conflicts were the pvp version of the raid/sorties. It was a massive "hard mode" for pvp players. 

On 2/11/2018 at 12:06 PM, ---RV---Maniac said:

Raids has (or had) players who didn't care for the arcanes and just speed-ran to try to break the record.

Conclave has players who already own all of the rewards and just play for fun.

Both groups have players who play for rewards, and both groups have players who play for other reasons.