Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 22.12.0: Weapons Changes Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

I'll be honest, i've given up hope that you guys will properly buff some obscure weapons like Stradavar, Grinlok and Tiberon, glad i was wrong.

Overall i'm very happy with the buffs and nerfs. But still i like to propose change for Latron Wraith. Latron wraith has been considered equal variant of Latron prime. But current change made Latron prime to be much better than Wraith. I get that being prime and rarer, Latron Prime needs more appealing stats. But we don't have much semi-auto rifle here, we basically lose one more by making Latron Prime much better than wraith. Can i at least propose magazine capacity buff to Latron Wraith? That way Latron Wraith can be higher fire rate more magazine but lower damage variant of Latron Prime.

Edited by Rekkou

5 hours ago, Cradicias said:

I think something might have broken? Just did a 40 - 45 void mission and was getting one-shotted by the Shotgunners. I've never had this happen before and I feel maybe their stats got adjusted by accident with the weapon changes.

which mission cuz some nodes like MOT and Mithra have enemies with normal levels but higher damage multipliers for thier levels, needless to say ive been 1 shotted there alot

3 minutes ago, YandereWaifu said:

which mission cuz some nodes like MOT and Mithra have enemies with normal levels but higher damage multipliers for thier levels, needless to say ive been 1 shotted there alot

Mot is indeed the place. Seems a bit busted considering enemies of the same level in different maps can't do the same thing.

6 hours ago, Drathe said:

Zhuge crit chance was dropped by 10%, despite this change not being listed.

Scourge had 60 base damage, not 30. So if it was boosted to 70, this is not nearly the buff you think it is.

Javlok had 235 damage, not 185. So if the damage was changed to 230, it's actually a nerf, not the buff you are saying it is.

You might have realized this hours ago, but to clarify: Scourge's damage was actually 30 direct hit+30 AOE damage, simplified on the card to 60. Now it sounds like it should be 70+30, with the card being simplified to... I'd assume 100. Javlok's numbers I don't know, but the same idea presumably applies.

4 minutes ago, Cradicias said:

Mot is indeed the place. Seems a bit busted considering enemies of the same level in different maps can't do the same thing.

From memory I'm pretty sure that's a hold over from when T4 void enemies did a few hundred percent extra damage. At the very least there should a warning somewhere if it's not going to be changed to be brought in line with other areas of the same level, because I agree that it's stupid.

lex, aklex, and lex prime were always (or at least since before I got warframe) considered to be weapons mainly for noobs to get and not have to worry about not having mods that are basically required for every build until they beat TWW or at least TSD, while aklex prime was mainly just ignored by anyone who didn't have the time to farm ducats for the relics because there were other, better alternatives, now noobs have little to no access to 3 weapons previously considered to be "starter weapons" and only people with the time and patience to farm 562,000 MR points (184 weapons plus a starter frame and the vauban required for the MR 15 test) can even obtain aklex prime despite significantly better weapons being easier to get.

Edited by Tyfyter2002

The AkJagara had the magazine size nerfed, was this intentional? It used to have a 24-round magazine and fire both guns for the cost of 1 ammo, giving you 24 shots before needing to reload. With this update it was changed to be a burst-fire with 1 shot from each gun for the cost of 2 ammo. The magazine size was increased from 24 to 36, but this is only 18 shots and not the previous 24. The magazine size should either be increased to 48 rounds to keep the same behaviour as before, or the reload time should be decreased to compensate for the smaller actual magazine size. Otherwise, the weapon now performs beautifully. The recoil is much more manageable and since it's not using shotgun-status anymore the status is much better. It's just less fun to play now because you spend so much time reloading.

Projectile shotguns are still using the original status calculations

10 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Mastery Rank 7-9
Twin Rogga

Mastery Rank increased from 8 to 9
Damage increased from 40 to 47 (per pellet)
Status chance increased from 15% to 33%

Mara Detron
Damage increased from 30 to 40 (per pellet)
Status chance increased from 20% to 32%
Critical chance increased from 5% to 8%
Fire rate decreased

Twin Rogga with one 60% status mod has 33%*1.6=52.8% status

Mara Detron with one 60% status mod does not have 32%*1.6=51.2% status, instead it gets 46.6% status.

10 hours ago, [DE]Danielle said:

Mastery Rank 4-6
Drakgoon
Mastery Rank increased from 3 to 5
Quick shot damage increased from 35 to 40 (per pellet)
Status chance increased from 10% to 23% (charged)
Increased Projectile Speed
Reduced charge time from 1 to .5 secs
Projectile lifetime reduced from 4 secs to 2
Damage of charged shot decreased from 90 to 70 (per pellet)

Kohm
Mastery Rank increased from 2 to 5
Critical chance increased from 10% to 11%
Critical damage increased from 2 to 2.3x

Kohm with one 60% status mod has 25%*1.6=40% status.

Drakgoon with one 60% status mod does not have 23%*1.6=36.8% status, instead it gets 34.4% status.

These weapons are not equal in damage output after modding, and they won't ever get close unless the projectile shotguns get changed to use the same calculations as other shotguns.

@[DE]Danielle

I think Twin Rogga needs another buff. A small one but a good one. Increase the magazine size. Currently it's only 3 bullets. With Primed Slip Magazine AND Ice Storm it's just 4 bullets. Why not make it to have at least half the magazine size of an Aklex Prime? With 6 bullets magazine it would be better.

Edited by Eldirian
Forgot about Ice Storm mod.

First I just wanna say thanks, changes like this really breathe life into the game for me. Here are my thoughts so far in fiddling with things.

In my opinion the burston prime needs a bit more crit or base damage. It just feels a bit too far behind alternatives.

I really miss arca plasmor's headshot multipliers, without them it lost just about all of its scalability, still super bummed about it.  

Tonkor needs more imo, but I'm not a fan of it so I'm struggling to imagine how, maybe just buff riven disposition. 

Staticor was buffed and not included in patchnotes, I really hope its intentional because they feel fantastic to use now. 

I really hope castanas get another look. Between the 6 projectile limit, the absurd innaccuracy and the clumsiness of having to juggle semi auto spam fire and alt fire to blow them up, they're just barely usable. I want so badly to love these. Personally I would either A, make the trigger system full auto and increase max projectiles to 12, or I would make them a duplex trigger of sorts, exploding when fire is released. Also pls god make the multishot projectile fan more accurate, sometimes they fly off side ways at 60% angles.

Detron can't hit 100% status due to a projectile/status chance interaction I don't fully understand, pls fix.   Edit: Why was the fire rate lowered on the mara detron :sadcry: 

Bummed daikyu didn't get more crit as originally suggested, but the fire rate still helped it tremendously. 

Cernos P can't hit 100% status due to a projectile/status chance interaction I don't fully understand, pls fix.

Again thanks a bunch :thumbup:

Edited by Brodh

Thanks to those change on the Akmagnus, I have no reason to ever use my 6 forma akmagnus. Hello, Aklex prime...

Right now it seriously feel like Akvasto < Akmagnus < Aklex prime unlike before where they each have they own place. DE, Paper DPS is not everything, sometimes we need burst too, this is the wrong way of balancing your game cause your result will be different in a game. Right now I feel DE don't listen to the player and have a strong bias toward crit. Give us more reason of using different mod instead of turning some even more useless =/

<oh you want a weapon rework? Sure but we will do it our way without feedback. Also, we will only test our change on earth/mercury cause it works there, it should work everywhere despite broken armor scaling right?..RIGHT?!l> That's the impression I get at the moment.

Edited by Ninjamander

Love the changes overall, and I don't just mean the damage/crit/status balance. There are some good mechanical changes.

The only major concern I have is with explosive secondaries. No matter what you did to damage/crit/status to make them more powerful, they are now MUCH less viable due to their increased spread. The wide horizontal spread on talons, castanas and the increased spread on kulstar makes them considerably weaker at mid-long range and prohibitively more dangerous to use at close-mid range. I should point out that the ridiculous spread of the angstrum is why I preferred the old kulstar, despite getting sweet rivens for both. I'd rather the stats be toned down if it meant it I could have more control over where the explosions take place.

I'm also curious on the logic behind which secondaries you choose to give a wide horizontal spread. You spread out castanas and talons but not pox (please don't do this to the pox). If any of the old thrown secondaries make thematic sense to add this fanning mechanic to, it would be the hikou. Anyway, it's not a bad mechanics idea, I just wish the weapons that spread horizontally didn't spread quite so much. 

Edited by PeyEll

Gorgon Wraith and  Prisma Gorgon , before update they are not powerful but obviously one weapon in two directlon.

Now, Prisma Gorgon is a elite Crit weapon with pretty good status chance, almost powerful. While Gorgon Wraith looks like a primary verson of Prisma Gorgon, which we know it's not. I'm not saying to enhance Gorgon Wraith but at least make it special, not like a little brother of Prisma Gorgon. Gian Crit on Gorgon Wraith is not necessary because if we got a good Crit riven, we would build it on Prisma Gorgon. If you really want to buff Gorgon Wraith, nerf crit and gain damage.

And here I thought Daikyu will finally have a place among bows...
Really super disappointed that the crit chance buff of 30% didn't push through. 
It's still a slow firing one-shot weapon that procs status... imo, kinda impractical tbh.
Really no point in using when you have extremely good ones available to low lvl like Dread & P.Prime.

il y a 22 minutes, Oranji a dit :

And here I thought Daikyu will finally have a place among bows...
Really super disappointed that the crit chance buff of 30% didn't push through. 
It's still a slow firing one-shot weapon that procs status... imo, kinda impractical tbh.
Really no point in using when you have extremely good ones available to low lvl like Dread & P.Prime.

Yes, No increased Daikyu critical chance ? the charge rate is faster but you still can't shoot without full charge (normal it's the weapon specificity), we loose damage too. and I don't really like the fact we can keep the charge always. It's was the other specificity that make daikyu different.

I can't understand why you need to implement the horrible idea of newbie-hate policy. Why the upgraded weapons are need at least MR 7~8 or more? Only exception for this is Prisma Tetra, but I don't think that it is a popular pick due to its requirement for acquire.

Mastery Rank 8 requires 160000 experience. Aside 6000, which can be earned by the starting warframe, you need 52 gears to make rank 30 and throw away. And, the horrible change means a grade new Tenno are forced to not use any catalyst or forma on the weapon they can get.

The only exception for this is Prime Access, so it only leads the game to Pay to Win.

DE, the game is already not newbie friendly and we need to be kind to them. But why we need to have game feature that punishes them for not having the good mastery rank?

And the whole idea of 'give the incentive for raising mastery rank' is simply false. Even before that, raising mastery rank up to around 13 already gives the Tenno daily standing limits, numbers of trades, opt to enter the later relays, and it only makes the life of low mastery rank difficult. Above that rank is, as always, only satisfies our vanity(and lower limit of capacity, of course) at most and nothing is changed.

Honestly, I don't get the point of the stupid mastery rank requirement at all. As a Tenno with Mastery Rank 23, I have really no problems personally. But are you really want to not welcome any newcomers? I don't think that it is a sane idea.

Where is the crit buff for the below weapon??? I honestly don't understand the omissions and lack of feedback given to the last minute changes on many things.

Is this intended? 
@[DE]Rebecca  @[DE]Megan

Mastery Rank 10-12

Daikyu

• Mastery Rank increased from 0 to 10
  • Physical damage changed from 20% Impact, 60% Puncture and 20% Slash to 30% Impact, 40% Puncture and 30% Slash    
  • Charge speed increased from 1.75 to 1 secs
  • Charge can now be held indefinitely
  • Damage decreased from 500 to 460

Tried the Supra Vandal after it's buffs  in the Simulacrum and wow, It's a Monster of a Vandal weapon. Before it's nerf, It used to do not that much damage against Sortie level Enemies and Below. But now, It can wreck Most Grineer, Corpus, and Corrupted Enemies at lvl 120. It take 4 reloads for it to kill a lvl 120 Ambulas though. It's buff was definitely worth it.

Edited by Shaw1996