Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Update 22.12.0: Weapons Changes Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

16 hours ago, Proxus86 said:

Stradavar BUG?

In auto mode it is extremely accurate, however when in zoom (still auto fire) it becomes stupidly inaccurate?

Is this a bug or intended behaviour?

That's intended, but that doesn't meant it's not insanely stupid.

@[DE]Danielle

Could you guys please figure out a system to use different combo moves with a stance without actually pausing in between pressing E. 

Or maybe even better make the pause a button that can be assignable. That way unchanged it's a gap and assigned we can have a mouse button or key to hold during taping E. 

Because nobody has time to figure out combo moves when 100 infested is running at you. 

Edited by GA-Bulletproof

On 19/02/2018 at 2:01 AM, Proxus86 said:

Stradavar BUG?

In auto mode it is extremely accurate, however when in zoom (still auto fire) it becomes stupidly inaccurate?

Is this a bug or intended behaviour?

Stradvar has improved accuracy when hipfired in auto, and improved accuracy on zoom with semi-auto.

It's a feature and was added a bit after Stradvar got released.

With practice this is a good feature to have, even if it's counter intuative.

Beam weapons I own:

Panthera alt-fire: to be fixed so I dont touch. Apart from ammo eating seem weak to me.

Amprex: God damn monster, but I feel chain range was nerfed. Armor and infested melts in seconds, ammo economy is amazing. Best change so far

Quanta Vandal: Does its job faster than it did, but ammo consumption is increased dramatically. And cubes are still useless.

Phage: Feels weak. Status seem perfect, but I think base damage need to be increased to be par with other shotguns.

Ignis wraith: Flame is too thin. Damage falls above lvl 70, but still solid CC gun with heat procs.

Synoid Gammacor: rather mid-tier. Struggle against very high armor and still eats ammo too fast.

On 10/2/2018 at 4:13 AM, Cradicias said:

I think something might have broken? Just did a 40 - 45 void mission and was getting one-shotted by the Shotgunners. I've never had this happen before and I feel maybe their stats got adjusted by accident with the weapon changes.

Where running on Mot maybe? Enemies there do triple damage than normal void missions

Hi all,this is my feedback: 

1) Glaxion : Still underperforms and remains quite weak and unfun to use. Enemies above level 50 - 60 , take forever to kill and it's ineffective in tight,tier 3 sortie missions where high level, lethal enemies swarm you from every side. By the time you get to aim and kill one, another 10 have killed you. Clunky, awkward and in need of some damage buff, or give it a small Aoe upon shuttering enemies. Still needs work.

2) Ignis Wraith : Quite good now that the stat/sec has been removed. It can now be built for damage and not just cc. It has a very tight beam spread, but nothing a bit of aiming, or the firestorm mod can't fix, eventhough at the expense of damage output. Sortie 1 and 2 viable but struggles  against lvl 100 enemies,without a good riven. All in all a good step in the right direction.

3) Synoid Gammacor : Before this update i could never figure out why i would want to use it,other than to replenish my energy reserves, but now it has it's place in my arsenal. I've seen a 40% improvement in mission and Simulacrum use,since the update, but still underperforms in high level content, especially against armoured units. It still consumes quite a bit of ammo and needs at least a mediocre riven to make it sortie  3 viable. It's still in need of some polishing and some tweaks, damage and ammo wise.

4) Amprex : What can i say, it's quite good. Before the update, i was skeptical of having its critical chance and Area of effect reduced, but the base damage increase more than made up for it. When combined with Volts shield it becomes and incredibly well balanced and fun weapon to use. Used in conjuction with a crit riven it becomes more than adequate for tier 3 sorties and against lvl 100 enemies, however this being situational, it can perform adequately even without one. In my view it's in a very good spot right now.

5) Panthera : Against lvl >60 enemies it reamains as underwhelming and weak as ever. I have modded it for viral + Slash + Status + Hunter munitions and still takes forever to kill high level ,heavy armoured Grineer. The slash procs just aren't enough in real time , tier 3 missions. In need of a status, damage and/or fire rate buff. Surely no Tigris Prime.

Please, please please please dont nerf the Ignis.. After 5 forma an a conbustion beam build it can be OP, if your clearing trash mobs, its only viable for the first sortie, but its primary function is opening crates.. Its my resource farming weapon.. It litterally cuts resource farm time in half, especially if your farming argon crystals... I dont even open recource containers with my melee, because it has significantly less range... Farming rocks on the plains is already lame an time consuming, please dont make all resource farming lame and time consuming, Its gud to be back, but why would I spend houra cracking open crated when I can go play Monster Hunter worlds.. I love warframe, and I love the community,  but quit pushing me away, Im a ignis main, I mean Jeez, you guys gnna nerf Sayrn next, because if you nerf Sayrn I will jus quit for good but whatever I'm going on a tangent.. Please jus leave it as is, you dont have to Nerf it, please, Im prepared to really lick boot for you to keep my Ignis the same... 

9 minutes ago, Kurokoz said:

The only nerf is that it doesn't go through walls for no reason. Get some punch through mods on there if ya want. Honestly, the rest is a buff. It is so much better now.

A change like that is enough to get some people to say "I can't slaughter things with zero effort anymore, it's S#&$ now, bleh!" no matter how much of a buff something gets

Edited by Hayabusa97

Just now, Hayabusa97 said:

A change like that is enough to get some people to say "I can't slaughter things with zero effort anymore, it's S#&$ now, bleh!"

Like the Kavat stuff in this patch and the proposed nerf to slash procs forever ago, It's fairly common.

28 minutes ago, Kurokoz said:

The only nerf is that it doesn't go through walls for no reason.

They harshly decreased the AoE as well. The IgnisW reaches a bit longer, but doesn't have nearly as wide of a hitbox as it did before.
Not to mention that you need to hold down the button for a bit before it even starts doing damage.

Quoting myself from another thread:

19 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

For those curious, here's what the hitboxes looked like before:

Ohj0r1U.png

And while I haven't tested this one extensively yet, this is what I think they look like now:

i3jdf0O.png

where:
- the red-shaded region only hits on the initial tick. (You can kind of visualize this as the blue sphere being thrust forward when M1 is initially pressed... although Firestorm only affects the blue sphere at the end.)
- the orange line is the "central beam", which deals the listed damage.
- the blue sphere is the AoE we all know and love. It deals 0.50x the listed damage (although I haven't tested post-22.13.3 yet).
- the Ignis still reaches 20m instead of the Wraith's 27m.

Note that the second image isn't zoomed out or anything; the hitbox is just that much thinner.

Sad times.

I mean, this update is 99% happy times. But this is the 1%.

Edited by SortaRandom

4 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

They harshly decreased the AoE as well. The IgnisW reaches a bit longer, but doesn't have nearly as wide of a hitbox as it did before.
Not to mention that you need to hold down the button for a bit before it even starts doing damage.

Quoting myself from another thread:

Sad times.

I mean, this update is 99% happy times. But this is the 1% sad times.

They added a cone to the Ignis' central beam hitbox. It expands from 0.6m at start to 3m at the tip, making it more of an actual flamethrower

but still, the AoE got a fairly big hit

Edited by Shalmii_Tyrana

Just now, Shalmii_Tyrana said:

They added a cone to the Ignis' beam hitbox, it expands from 0.6m at start to 3m at the tip, making it more of an actual flamethrower

That's what I thought too, but then I tested it out.

It's the exact same sphere-at-the-end-of-a-beam mechanic as it was prior to the update. More info here from a while back:

5 hours ago, Kurokoz said:

The only nerf is that it doesn't go through walls for no reason. Get some punch through mods on there if ya want. Honestly, the rest is a buff. It is so much better now.

And the buff is so good, that losing a damage mod in favor of punch through is probably still stronger than old Ignis.

Once upon a time, I mained amprex even before rivens became a thing. It still remains my most used primary weapon (26% most used, closest is tigris prime at 8%). After sorties became a thing and I noticed how ineffective it was against grineer in sortie 3 missions, it kinda fell off my radar in favor of weapons like the vaykor hek, tigris prime, and later the sobek. The horrible ammo efficiency of that weapon made it unviable for high level content even with a mutation mod installed, and it took several reloads to take out Grineer Heavy Gunner eximi.

This has got to be the best buff I could expect for the amprex. While its crit chance took a nosedive in this update, I'm able to tackle kuva floods and sortie 3 missions against grineer without struggling for ammo. It's so good to dust off my old favorite and use it again.