Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas rework is very underwhelming.

VencirGan

I just spent the past weekend playing Atlas and wanted to share my thoughts.

Atlas is not very tanky but is survivable as long as you keep punching. The issue is petrifying people while you punch. This opens you up to being shot and running out of energy.

Electric and magnetic procs are very devastating. If atlas runs out of energy he dies. My atlas right now runs on a steady diet of pizzas. His #4 is useless. It has high cost and no guarantee that the rumblers will stay alive or distract the enemy. It is difficult to mod Atlas. He needs all 4 stats. Duration for your combo window #1. Range for your #1 and #3. Efficiency for your #1 and #3. Strength for your #1 and #4. Basically his best ability his landslide needs all 4 stats to be effective. 

Major shortcomings right now as I see it.

A. The gather range for rubble is also too small.

B. The energy cost for petrify is also too high. (At times I would petrify enemies but have no energy to use landslide.)

C. Atlas #2 and #4 are worthless in most content. 

D. Combo window for #1 is too short (1 second)

E. Given how hard we have to work to generate and collect Rubble the decay rate seems punitive, especially considering the lulls in action for POE content. (Running 600m between bounty phases.)

F. Cap of 1500 armor is a bit low given that this does not scale for higher content. 

Solutions

1. Fix Landslide's combo window at 1.5's (not affected by duration) This will allow us to run negative duration. This gives us a stat we can tank. 

2. Scale our armor cap off of our strength. This gives us a way to scale for higher content.

3. Scale armor gain from rubble off of our strength. This gives us a way to scale with higher cap and reduces the affect of the decay.

4. Reduce the cost of Petrify to 50 energy. (Harrow has a similar skill that costs 25)

5. Rumblers if broken by death or casting #4 again should yield 500 armor each.

6. Increase gathering range of rubble to 3m.

7. Cover Atlas in more rock when over 1000 armor. He should look like a stone golem. 

Thanks DE for the good reworks they are all moves in the right direction. Atlas just needs to move a little more. 

Imo it's a good improvement over what he used to be. He got more armor and a way to heal himself, something he needed. Also a way to instantly stop enemies from dealing dmg to him with his 3. Rumblers still don't do anything, rolling out his wall still isn't useful. But all things consider I kinda like him now. Also arcane guardian got buffed, so in the end he can have 2.7k armor more than he used to.

I honestly don't like the rework DE did with Atlas, sure some of his abilities are better but for the most part they don't help the team. Atlas 2nd and 4th ability needs a rework or overhaul. Rumblers has potential but, they are extremely weak when they face mid level enemies. Also healing them with petrify is questionable because, they are only around for 30 seconds I personally don't see how this will benefit Atlas or the team. If DE mad the rumblers last the whole mission (like Khora) then maybe this ability become more useful. The wall that Atlas makes is a joke, it don't cover anything or protect well during high level runs. Maybe DE should eliminate this ability and focus on another ability that will benefit Atlas teammates. 

Landsliding into Tectonics should destroy the Wall and give Atlas earth armor IMHO. Maybe just give him a lot of rubble instantly now that they actually have a mechanic for that (even with visuals). His 3+4 are great now though, and Landslide was always fun and good.

Edited by AetherMcLoud

• 1 month later...

Atlas is still miserable against lvl 80-100 enemies. He cant last even few seconds under enemy fire. It is not possible to make a good build right now. You need too much, but you can afford too little. There is always lack of something: efficiency, armor, power strength, duration, range, you name it.

As for rubble mechanic, i think it should give you both, health and armor at the same time (+ not that pitiful bit armor for 1 piece with 1500 armor pool)

Edited by SlicerGT

18 hours ago, SlicerGT said:

Atlas is still miserable against lvl 80-100 enemies. He cant last even few seconds under enemy fire. It is not possible to make a good build right now. You need too much, but you can afford too little. There is always lack of something: efficiency, armor, power strength, duration, range, you name it.

As for rubble mechanic, i think it should give you both, health and armor at the same time (+ not that pitiful bit armor for 1 piece with 1500 armor pool)

Steel Charge (Corrosive Projection ideally)

Power Drift

Augur Reach

Primed Flow

Stretch

Intensify

Quick Thinking

Vitality

Fleeting Expertise

Hunter Adrenaline

You should be able to do all content with this build, solo or with 3 useless teammates. Why? Because I can, which means Atlas is capable. When your health is low, use Petrify. It's a heal skill more than a CC skill. Ignore rubble, it's just an added bonus so don't try to build around it.  And, make use of your wall. Rumblers are mostly just added distractions that I only summon when someone goes down and I want to revive them.