The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gantulyst/Rainalyst Fight is a joke...

Sader

first off, takes two more lures

secondly, you're supposed to try to build a team to fight it, a support to keep the lures alive, maybe a volt to stop the shots, damage booster, etc.

I just ran it, it's not impossible, it wasn't 1 shotting me (other than when i made a mistake) It's just high level content.

2 minutes ago, MagiTwister said:

secondly, you're supposed to try to build a team to fight it, a support to keep the lures alive, maybe a volt to stop the shots, damage booster, etc.

I just ran it, it's not impossible, it wasn't 1 shotting me (other than when i made a mistake) It's just high level content.

I think he means you can one shot the limbs 

what?

He's saying that it is too easy not too hard...

Well...I did manage to atleast take out its legs solo with Valkyr...which is something considering I found the shrine only after killing the teralyst. I mean, its not really hard fight. Was expecting it a bit harder. However it still looks cool.

Edited by -skimmer-

3 minutes ago, Sader said:

The gantulyst needs to be able to  damage  operators in the void to make the fight more interesting.

hmm...no. I mean, gantulyst definitelly needs to be more dangerous, but I like how operators can dodge attacks if you see them coming..,I think dying as operator should have more severe consequences instead.

Edited by -skimmer-

3 minutes ago, Sader said:

My operator has 650 hp and 450+ armor. its tankier than most frames. So yes this thing needs too hurt / disable operators somehow.

Not everyone has 650 hp and 450+ armor.

Edited by Jim22

12 minutes ago, Sader said:

My operator has 650 hp and 450+ armor. its tankier than most frames. So yes this thing needs too hurt / disable operators somehow.

No, the Operators in Void Mode are in a different plane of existence, between the material world and the Void, and powered by the latter: something that the Sentients can not adapt to.

Such thing sounds completly needless and for what reason do you want it to effect them? Because it provides a safety net and safe revivals?

No, find an actual reason that makes sense. "Just to make it interessting" is not it.

1 minute ago, Kaotyke said:

No, the Operators in Void Mode are in a different plane of existence, between the material world and the Void, and powered by the latter: something that the Sentients can not adapt to.

Such thing sounds completly needless and for what reason do you want it to effect them? Because it provides a safety net and safe revivals?

No, find an actual reason that makes sense. "Just to make it interessting" is not it.

Because the fight is easy, and it needs not be easy. The first fight can be the training wheels fight. The second fight needs to step it up somehow. Making the Sentient able to pull you out of the void or disable it somehow for a couple seconds is the bare minimum to making this fight not the joke that it currently is.

But I get it, making the game actually semi challenging is not popular in these parts. People like it easy because it helps with the "power fantasy".

1 minute ago, Sader said:

Because the fight is easy, and it needs not be easy. The first fight can be the training wheels fight. The second fight needs to step it up somehow. Making the Sentient able to pull you out of the void or disable it somehow for a couple seconds is the bare minimum to making this fight not the joke that it currently is.

But I get it, making the game actually semi challenging is not popular in these parts. People like it easy because it helps with the "power fantasy".

Find a reason that actually makes sense. Was all I asked.

So get your horse out of the rain.

5 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Find a reason that actually makes sense. Was all I asked.

So get your horse out of the rain.

A reason that makes sense? Everything is space magic. Effects regarding the mystical sentients and void beings can probably do whatever they want.

Here's a particular thought, if you want one: All warframe powers are just channeling void energy reserves into various forms that the warframe is set up to convert things into. Energy pools ARE just void energy, and the presence of Eidolons clearly has an adverse effect on that since just by being around they flood every body of water with energy-draining effects, and have energy-draining roars (represented by magnetism, because that's the game effect they'd tied it to). Operators and the void powers are supposed to be the enemy of the sentients, but nothing really prevents them from being antithetical to each other instead of solely one-directional.

17 minutes ago, OvisCaedo said:

A reason that makes sense? Everything is space magic. Effects regarding the mystical sentients and void beings can probably do whatever they want.

I think the above Tenno means a gameplay reason, not a story justification. A fictional story can justify any addition (and it's fairly easily in Warframe), but gameplay elements should reason and justification behind their characteristics.