Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt's Discharge duration

Ok, I'll get straight to the meat of the issue: why was the duration on Volt's Discharge halved? The change was neither noted in the Dev Workshop post, nor in the patch notes, so it may be a bug, but if you are seriously considering letting it be this way, please don't. It kills Discharge to have enemies be stunned for at best 1/2 and at worst for 1/4 of the previous duration.

10 minutes ago, Hayabusa97 said:

If I had to guess, it was because if it had the original duration, it would stunlock the entire map, but that's just my two cents from reading some patch notes.

That's absurd. He wouldn't stunlock the map anymore than a Rhino or a Frost would with their ults, because his duration would fall off to lower than Rhino's at max range. Not to mention, the nerf completely and utterly crushes any damage capabilities Discharge may have had.

Not to mention, it wasn't mentioned in the patch notes. Even if they decided that it was a good idea, and it isn't, why the hell would they not tell they did it? I mean, DE can't be incompetent enough to think we would not know about it, right?

Sigh. It's getting hard to enjoy the update with this S#&$. I'm just asking DE, fix this. I don't care if you bring the damage cap back, but this double nerf must not exist.

I'm reminded of when the Hydroid rework "quietly" cut a bunch of his ability ranges in half or more without any mention of it in what was being changed. I am sincerely hoping that this was, at least, some kind of bug and not intended. Wonder if we'll get a response about it!

Edited by OvisCaedo

35 minutes ago, Sajochi said:

Why does this keep happening? If there is no mention in the patch notes, it's a bug. Stop trying to make a conspiracy of everything. Report the bug properly. 

I have. The thread exists simply in case it isn't a bug, but rather some change that went undocumented. Besides, to be honest, creating it was a panic response, and now, I couldn't delete it even if I decided to.

Edited by 3135828

I noticed it yesterday in sortie. I was 'hmm somethings off about the duration even close' then looked the ability screen its halved. I thought the less duration/meter was there to counter the 'stunlock the whole map' hope its just a bug.