New Eidolons worth it?

Please, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong or being mislead, but... what is actually the point of fighting the new Teralyst variants? Sure I can see it from a challenge perspective, or whatever, but it doesn't seem like fighting them is worth your time at all. The Hydrolyst has a chance to drop a riven transmuter, which is fine, but the only reason I ever fought the Teralyst was because of the shards for easy, outside of focus cap, focus. And now I'm hearing that the Gantulyst drops a 40k focus shard, which is fine, but at the cost of your brilliant shard. So essentially, from my perspective at least, you're trading in a brilliant for 15k more focus and a longer, harder boss fight... just doesn't seem worth it to me. And then, you have to use up that brand new radiant shard you just got to spawn the Hydrolyst, who only drops one brilliant and one radiant... so from that note, you're spending 65k focus of eidolon shards, for a harder variant of the fight, followed by an even harder variant of the fight. Both are undoubtedly going to take you longer than the regular Teralyst, and yet, the net gain of all that effort is getting back what you put in in terms of Eidolon shards (one of each), and a chance at a riven transmuter? I just don't see the point when we could just continue speedrunning the base Teralyst (once the new meta forms, if it hasn't already)

Now, I will go ahead and say that I have not had a chance to get hands on yet, so all of this is word of mouth from my friends and the chats, and the information I got is from the wiki (which is certainly not up to date) and, again, chat... so if I'm wrong about any of this, feel free to tell me. I'd love to hear the actual reasonings of people who actually see this as worthwhile, from a focus farming perspective if nothing else

3 hours ago, Zark_Manthra said:

And now I'm hearing that the Gantulyst drops a 40k focus shard, which is fine, but at the cost of your brilliant shard

You don't lose any shards. Every cash in you make to spawn the next Eidolon is returned at its takedown, along with a new shard. By the end of a run from all three, you'll have 3 Brilliant and 2 Radiant, totaling 155,000 Focus.

Edited by LazerSkink

I sure hope something other than shards drop. with a fully maxed focus tree and everything the quills has to offer there would be zero reason for me to even bother.  And a riven transmuter? Take 4 crummy rivens so i can get 1 crummy riven in return? I can do that now by selling just 1 or 2 crummy rivens and using the proceeds to buy an unlocked riven.

yes yes - the Arcanes will drop from there - of course I was one who enjoyed the daily raids.. and with over a thousand runs of them.  whereas I long grew tired of the current Terralyst "fight"

Was disappointed in the fight. Its basically the exact same eidolons with more powerful attacks. One has a bubble and lasers, the other spawns tons of vombalysts. Reward was kinda garbage, we didn't manage to capture it for some reason.. But even if we did, I don't think it'd be worth the time investment. Also, its extremely chaotic with lights flashing everywhere. Having a massive headache after the fight. Not really fun.

2 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

You don't lose any shards. Every cash in you make to spawn the next Eidolon is returned at its takedown, along with a new shard. By the end of a run from all three, you'll have 3 Brilliant and 2 Radiant, totaling 155,000 Focus.

Really? So Killing Gantu and Hydro will yield both Brilliant and Radiant?

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)Tucker D Dawg said:

I sure hope something other than shards drop.

Besides the usual shards with the added Radiants and Riven Transmuters, they drop Articula of themselves, Gantulyst drops 120% Puncture mods, Hydrolyst drops Slash.

3 hours ago, Twilight053 said:

Really? So Killing Gantu and Hydro will yield both Brilliant and Radiant?

Correct.

Edited by LazerSkink
1 minute ago, Stoner said:

But even if we did, I don't think it'd be worth the time investment. Also, its extremely chaotic with lights flashing everywhere. Having a massive headache after the fight. Not really fun.

What if the reward was an Arcane Consequence? Better or worse than JV (but without the credits tossed on top)? 

5 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Tucker D Dawg said:

What if the reward was an Arcane Consequence? Better or worse than JV (but without the credits tossed on top)? 

Well my opinion is biased but I'd prefer JV with friends. Fighting those new eidolons wasn't that much fun tbh. I expected better.

2 minutes ago, LazerSkink said:

Well then, thank you very much. The wiki is misleading and the chat isn't clear, so it's nice to get a concise answer. This is a whole different scenario then, however, how long would you estimate it would take a good comp squad, not necessarily meta, to take down the Gantulyst, and then Hydrolyst? Purely from a time perspective, if it takes more than twice as long for either variant then it would probably still be faster to just spam the Teralyst (my fastest time back when Chroma was still broken was around 7 minutes, but my average was 11, if you can reasonably defeat all three in one night then it's definitely worth it, but if there's any real possibility that you have to wait it out until the next night then I'd rather just fight ~4 Teralysts or 2 Teralysts and a Gantulyst depending on how hard they are)

16 minutes ago, Zark_Manthra said:

Please, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong or being mislead, but... what is actually the point of fighting the new Teralyst variants? Sure I can see it from a challenge perspective, or whatever, but it doesn't seem like fighting them is worth your time at all. The Hydrolyst has a chance to drop a riven transmuter, which is fine, but the only reason I ever fought the Teralyst was because of the shards for easy, outside of focus cap, focus. And now I'm hearing that the Gantulyst drops a 40k focus shard, which is fine, but at the cost of your brilliant shard. So essentially, from my perspective at least, you're trading in a brilliant for 15k more focus and a longer, harder boss fight... just doesn't seem worth it to me. And then, you have to use up that brand new radiant shard you just got to spawn the Hydrolyst, who only drops one brilliant and one radiant... so from that note, you're spending 65k focus of eidolon shards, for a harder variant of the fight, followed by an even harder variant of the fight. Both are undoubtedly going to take you longer than the regular Teralyst, and yet, the net gain of all that effort is getting back what you put in in terms of Eidolon shards (one of each), and a chance at a riven transmuter? I just don't see the point when we could just continue speedrunning the base Teralyst (once the new meta forms, if it hasn't already)

Now, I will go ahead and say that I have not had a chance to get hands on yet, so all of this is word of mouth from my friends and the chats, and the information I got is from the wiki (which is certainly not up to date) and, again, chat... so if I'm wrong about any of this, feel free to tell me. I'd love to hear the actual reasonings of people who actually see this as worthwhile, from a focus farming perspective if nothing else

We did not get this update yet on Xbox, but i wanna know this:

I have around 600 shards and 100 brilliant shard that i do not know what to do with them since all my school are maxed and i have around 30 mil additional focus points just sitting there.

So how will this affect me?

3 hours ago, Zark_Manthra said:

Well then, thank you very much. The wiki is misleading and the chat isn't clear, so it's nice to get a concise answer. This is a whole different scenario then, however, how long would you estimate it would take a good comp squad, not necessarily meta, to take down the Gantulyst, and then Hydrolyst? Purely from a time perspective, if it takes more than twice as long for either variant then it would probably still be faster to just spam the Teralyst (my fastest time back when Chroma was still broken was around 7 minutes, but my average was 11, if you can reasonably defeat all three in one night then it's definitely worth it, but if there's any real possibility that you have to wait it out until the next night then I'd rather just fight ~4 Teralysts or 2 Teralysts and a Gantulyst depending on how hard they are)

My (meta) squad took the entire night to take down all three (3 minutes of night remaining by end), but that was mainly due to the later stages of the Hydrolyst and some few minute breaks after Tera and Gantu, so I'm very sure you can get them done quickly. It's definitely possible to get all three done in one night.

Honestly not sure about a comp squad, though. I'm not really educated on how well the usual Chroma/Harrow/Trin/Volt (or Rhino) do, so not the best person to ask about that.

Edited by LazerSkink

Can confirm successful 3 complete runs in a single night, totaling 465,000 Focus. This is significantly more than the regular ol' Teralyst cap spamming.

Also he drops this nice thing that wasn't mentioned in the patch notes and isn't found in the drop tables website either.
Hydrolyst Eidolon Articula

Spoiler

B0FABgK.png
ipOfXKh.png

The fights are essentially the same, except the last two require 3 lures each.
Here's my advice, before you start capturing, go gather 8 lures as this is the amount you will need in total.
Bless Trinity is VITAL for success, without her, you will fail as the Gantulyst and Hydrolyst will literally melt lures down like they are nothing. Also, Oberon no longer works on the lures so he's no longer an option.

If you'd like to discuss more about the new fights, the Eidolon Recruitment Hub Discord Server would be more than happy to provide some information, we have over 400 people dedicated to fighting and learning how to fight the Eidolons, this includes the new ones and we are currently working on min/maxing the new beasts.

Edited by tanino
3 hours ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

We did not get this update yet on Xbox, but i wanna know this:

I have around 600 shards and 100 brilliant shard that i do not know what to do with them since all my school are maxed and i have around 30 mil additional focus points just sitting there.

So how will this affect me?

Probably not much (likely at all) if you're not into ship decorations or the 120% physical damage mods. I'm going to assume no one is interested in Riven Transmuters for now.

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)Tucker D Dawg said:

Ugh  - ok so I need one run of each for the Articula.  Certainly don't need the 120's.

Maybe one run, maybe multiple, because of course on my first run, I get 2/3, missing only the one I actually wanted.

Spoiler

It's incomplete and I hate it.

9aaa1f82f6b759cd31c7ebba9bce44f7.jpg

3 hours ago, tanino said:

Also he drops this nice thing:
Hydrolyst Eidolon Articula

:sad:

Edited by LazerSkink
Just now, LazerSkink said:

Probably not much (likely at all) if you're not into ship decorations or the 120% physical damage mods. I'm going to assume no one is interested in Riven Transmuters for now.

I have every single mod in the game. those damage mods have more than a dozen of each

Decorating my ship? i have a lot of that already and the new room is fully decorated the way i like

So basically there is nothing new?

PS: i am MR 25

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)Oussii said:

I have every single mod in the game. those damage mods have more than a dozen of each

Decorating my ship? i have a lot of that already and the new room is fully decorated the way i like

You have nothing to gain from them then, yes.

They are going for a high risk, high reward mechanic.

You are refunded the sacrificed shard along with the new shard for each subsequent takedown.

However, this means if you screw up the second 1, you get nothing and if you screw up the third 1, you only get the brilliant shard and lose your radiant shard.

3 часа назад, (Xbox One)Oussii сказал:

Same story for me, fam. There is no point for veterans do these "new" recolored teralysts. Focus maxed, all arcane sets, multiple copies of each mod in the game. And it's not even fun, gonna be even more tedious than old tera hunts. Not worth.

• 1 month later...