Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mesa Deluxe Skin Sounds Broken Post Patch

Nocxia

Hello DE.

I noticed you guys appear to have changed the peacemaker sound skit on the Mesa Presidio Skin. Would it be possible to somehow get the sounds the skin shipped with back, even as a toggle? The same goes for the Perla Pistol Skins. I really liked the sounds it came with, I thought that was the special little flair for this skin like the arms on the Nova Asturi. They fit the whole Flintlock Pistol thing I thought you were shooting for. I would very much appreciate if you would consider toggling it somehow, and/or giving us a way to get that sound kit back (even if its a plat purchase)

(The rest of the weapon remaster sounds are amazing BTW, A+++ work!!!)

Unfortunately the Mesa Presidio Skin and the Perla Skin were never intended to replace the weapons' sounds.  Doing this caused a lot of issues because currently there is no way for us to be able to swap different sounds onto a given weapon and to make sure it will always sound correct.  With fire rate mods and reload mods, etc, the weapon might sound broken.  Weapon sounds aren't designed to be used on weapons other than the one they were originally designed for.  Maybe something in the future will allow this.

3 hours ago, [DE]George said:

Unfortunately the Mesa Presidio Skin and the Perla Skin were never intended to replace the weapons' sounds.  Doing this caused a lot of issues because currently there is no way for us to be able to swap different sounds onto a given weapon and to make sure it will always sound correct.  With fire rate mods and reload mods, etc, the weapon might sound broken.  Weapon sounds aren't designed to be used on weapons other than the one they were originally designed for.  Maybe something in the future will allow this.

I appreciate your quick response =D. While I am dissapointed to hear this, I can understand the technical limitations and why they would be jarring/cause a dip in audio quality. Best of luck with the hotfixes!

17 hours ago, [DE]George said:

Will there be any way for the sound to return to the Presidio skin at least? I personally felt like the popping was more fitting to the musket-like regulators, and it made the deluxe skin feel much more unique like how Nova Asuri has the arm effects on casting and Oberon Feyarch has the lights floating behind him as he walks.

Could it be like the Dominion heavy blade skin when equipped on the Zenistar? Not intended but if enough people like it it could stay?

On 2/10/2018 at 8:18 AM, [DE]George said:

This is unfortunate, since I bought the entire Deluxe pack for the sole purpose of changing the sound on the Arca Sisco. Now I have neither the awesome Perla sound nor my 225 plat :(

On 2/10/2018 at 5:18 AM, [DE]George said:

The sounds were definitely my favourite part of this skin so seeing them gone is a little disappointing.