Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash's 4 (Blade Storm) randomly doesn't work

Kxevineth

As the title says, Ash's Blade Storm sometimes doesn't work. Pressing 4 simply doesn't toggle the ability at all. It's almost as if the game ignored the ability's existence. There's no sound effect like when you try to use an ability you don't have energy for, there's nothing. It just doesn't work.

Oddly enough I have noticed that only in Plains. It happened a few times now, I just ignored it (I kinda hoped the rework might fix this, it didn't). Today I went on Plains, did one bounty - everything worked fine - went back to Cetus, took another bounty and the moment I wanted to use Blade Storm, which I turn on before every fight as I find lighting up marked enemies really useful in Plains, I noticed it doesn't work. Finished the bounty, went back to Cetus, took another one, the bug was still present. Extracted to orbiter right away, went on Mariana on Earth just to check if the bug is still present, oddly enough Blade Storm worked perfectly fine. I have yet to test if going to orbiter and back to Cetus will fix it as well, will probably edit the post once I check that.

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue? This is really annoying, as I use Ash for soloing Plains and his ult is pretty much what saves me if I ever get overwhelmed.

@edit: Plains are kinda crashing for me right now (totally different issue) so I can't test anymore, but this is what I found out:

I'm fine when I leave from Plains to Cetus with Blade Storm off

I'm fine when I leave from Plains to Cetus with Blade Storm on, on foot

The bug seems to occur when I enter Plains from Cetus after I turn on Blade Storm, enter archwing mode and enter the gates on my archwing with Blade Storm active. It seems like the gates only turn off the archwing and it's powers and leave my Blade Storm active when entering Cetus, and I think that causes the bug. When I leave Plains on foot the gates simply turn off Blade Storm before loading Cetus.

Going back to orbiter fixes the bug.

Edited by Kxevineth

• 1 month later...

Uh yeah that happened to me, what I noticed is that happens when you activate the skill and the target die after the clone's apparence and before being killed by this clone. In the end the clone never disapears, and you're not able to use the skill again...