Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia’s Anthem - Lua (Tycho) - Unable to progress

Ham_Grenabe

This is an old bug that either wasn’t ever fixed, or was resurrected: when performing the Lua mission at Tycho, the sentients are static (do not attack) and there is no option to interact with the hydraulus. (It has the objective icon, but no interaction prompt). 

I already own Octavia, and did not start the quest until we’ll after I purchased her. 

Having the same issue, I have not purchased Octavia prior to this quest but I am having the same issues, some idle sentients (of the four I had seen up to the Hydraulus, only two actively attacked like normal.)  and no button prompt at the hydraulus to progress with the quest.

I also have this issue. Here's a demonstration on how I did it. I've tried a couple of variables, such as letting the conversation end before I kill sentients. This is my 7th try, still no luck.

There's no use watching from 5:30 and onwards, because I'm just jumping around in hopes of triggering some sort of event

Edited by snippfader

30 minutes ago, r3qui3m77 said:

I figured out a workaround.  do NOT engage any sentients until the story asks you to, by doing it this way, you will have enough alive when you need them alive to trigger the sequence.  otherwise, yeah you get stuck.

I can confirm this workaround is valid, just finished that part of the quest myself, my best guess is that the non-hostile sentinels we meet along the way are part of a stage event in the mission and should not be in the locations we come across them or at the least, toggled invisible till the part in the quest we engage them, killing them early confuses the event and prevents things playing out and allowing us to progress, almost like a softlock.

Rambling aside, Give that man a medal. NO! a [Medal Prime]!

3 hours ago, r3qui3m77 said:

I figured out a workaround.  do NOT engage any sentients until the story asks you to, by doing it this way, you will have enough alive when you need them alive to trigger the sequence.  otherwise, yeah you get stuck.

Can confirm this is the workaround.  As you first enter, there is a non-hostile Sentient.  Do not engage it.  Every time I did, could not access the Hydralaust.  I followed the advice and ignored it and the quest proceeded without incident.

9 hours ago, r3qui3m77 said:

Thank you so much for this! After having to restart four times, I thought I'd pop in the forums to see if anyone else was getting this problem.

23 hours ago, r3qui3m77 said:

Worked for me as well, completed the whole quest line now. Thanks for the assist!