Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Chroma will never be tanky again: (UPDATED TO CONTAIN THE BEST BALANCING IDEAS IN THE FIRST POST)

DeadlyCreation

I’ve stated this earlier in this post somewhere, the reason DE nerfed chroma into the ground is because he oneshots terralyst limbs (post nerf: I still one shot the limbs with the same chroma build I had before, a lanka with a riven and a harrow) I find this terribly stupid because the community will eventually find another way to kill it faster they then have the audacity to say the reason they “fixed” chroma is because of his broken calculation (which they had about a year and a half to fix BEFORE the eidolons) and when the plains hit it suddenly became a problem

Edited by Mr.Snipersmiley

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Dragazer:

This needs to be spread around more so DE can see where they seriously dropped the ball with Chroma. Running serration heavy cal together is extremely common, and the fact that vex armor does less damage with those mods, with a much higher cost, with such clunky mechanics shows us there is a serious issue here.

To add further insult to injury, DE even had the audacity to still call Vex Armor one of "strongest damage boosting abilties in the game". 

it is. but its chromas kit that falls behind. for rhino his buff is not what makes the frame unique. it is the skin and the cc. but for chroma, the buff is what made him unique. and now his buff is just one drop in the ocean. thats what needs to be changed. either make his buff stand out again or totally reshape spectral scream and effigy. both abilities are useless atm. and pls dont make effigy a cc because than its just 1to1 rhino. maybe use his ultimate to give him pure dmg reduction. as a result chroma could be tanky when using his vex armor + his new ult in combination.  or actually make his ultimate to add another element. so he literally could be a element combination. just thoughts tho. i am sure DE will come up with soemthing.

On 13.02.2018 at 10:42 AM, DeadlyCreation said:

return it to the old formula or make chromas base armor around 800-1000. (<- there thats your number)

and second yes the idea is great but the range is horrible. 18m is nothing in a game where everyone is jumping around to dodge attacks. you literally are better jumping around all the time than staying close to chroma and getting his buff. especially when u consider frames like mag with a base armor of 65. chromas buff does not make a huge difference at all. considering you have a 1000% scorn buff mags armor is only twice as good as chromas base armor - and you know what. thats still oneshot when doing sorties. so just jump around and dodge bullets helps more than staying close to chroma.

if DE wants to keep this formula and the aura chromas scorn buff just needs to be higher so teammates have a reason not to move.

as you hopefully see now i am not against the changes - i am just saying they need some adjustments to make sense

Don't forget about that Chroma effigy cuts his armor to half and drains 10 energy per second, highest possible drain at the moment! And all it does is stun every several seconds, draw some fire and deals almost 0 damage. While Exalted blade that drains 2.5 energy per second gives him 60% damage reduction in front and insane melee damage buff that send WAVES at enemies that cut everything with radial blind (8x dmg).

Even Valkyr Hysteria have some time before draining high energy.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb IfritKajiTora:

Don't forget about that Chroma effigy cuts his armor to half and drains 10 energy per second, highest possible drain at the moment! And all it does is stun every several seconds, draw some fire and deals almost 0 damage. While Exalted blade that drains 2.5 energy per second gives him 60% damage reduction in front and insane melee damage buff that send WAVES at enemies that cut everything with radial blind (8x dmg).

Even Valkyr Hysteria have some time before draining high energy.

yeah DE should just scrap the effigy interely. but i think they wont scrap it because than a whole animation set with chromas armor off would fall away.

atm the best way to buff effigy would be: make it the buffing ability of chroma. make it so around effigy is the current vex armor buff. and or make it castable on a specific teammate directly. so chromas skin layers over the teammates skin giving him the exact vexarmor buff. so either could chroma buff the team or one specific teammate.

and make the current vex armor back to normal. (without glitch). so chroma can buff himself with his 3 and buff his team with his 4. (but maybe reverse the order. so effigy is his third and vex armor is his ultimate. i mean. it is.)

vor 4 Stunden schrieb helioth137:

how to make chroma insanely tanky: play with gara, have her cast 2 on you :D 

bahahaha... sorry, i had to. 

yeah true. but when du you ever have a gara around in high level missions? :D

off topic: in general i like garas DR on teammates more than any of hear ither abilities. just just hate that you can see the timer on them.

anyway make chroma great again!