Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Chroma will never be tanky again: (UPDATED TO CONTAIN THE BEST BALANCING IDEAS IN THE FIRST POST)

DeadlyCreation

1 minute ago, Ninjamander said:

Problem is now even rhino can provide this damage buff. The tankless part could be a bug, if not, Rhino Iron skin will simply outclass this in my opinion.

8 minutes ago, -N7-Leonhart said:

The Rhino tank can be easier (I need to test it to be sure), but the damage buff should still be higher on the Vex Armor. Even if it doesn't multiply to crazy amounts, it should still be at least 4x.

Also, they made it recastable, so it's not all black. With the new changes, I will have to adjust my build, so some room was made for other stuff, now that some of the old stuff are not longer effective.

il y a 47 minutes, Ninjamander a dit :

Mind explaining to me what Chroma can do better than any other warframe? Because all I can think off atm is credit...

Don't get me wrong, I invest several forma on him, I just don't see any reason to use him.

Endless survival gameplay centered around guns over abilities (the opposite would be Nidus) 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb -N7-Leonhart:

Basically a fusion of extreme damage and damage resistance

That's no longer the case anymore. His only positives that made him stand out as his own frame got killed.

Rhino gives slightly less of a damage buff but it only requires people to be near him for a moment instead of needing to be around him all the time also he doesn't need damage to take to get the full damage out. And rhino has a scaling iron skin and top tier CC so there's that.

Edited by IceColdHawk

3 minutes ago, IceColdHawk said:

That's no longer the case anymore. His only positives that made him stand out as his own frame got killed.

Rhino gives slightly less of a damage buff but it only requires people to be near him for a moment instead of needing to be around him all the time also he doesn't need damage to take to get the full damage out. And rhino has a scaling iron skin and top tier CC so there's that.

Yes, it's no longer the case, as I mentioned further on in the same post. I guess that's exactly the reason why it was changed. It will affect my gameplay indeed, in the sense that not everything, even Sorties, will be an afternoon walk...

vor 4 Minuten schrieb -N7-Leonhart:

Yes, it's no longer the case, as I mentioned further on in the same post. I guess that's exactly the reason why it was changed. It will affect my gameplay indeed, in the sense that not everything, even Sorties, will be an afternoon walk...

Implying that it isn't an afternoon walk anymore with other frames.

Changing stuff is one thing but deleting is another. I'm not even exaggerating at this point due to chroma being literally rhino 0.5. Not more not less. His 1 and 4 are still a joke while 2 and 3 got trashed only because of a bug. So instead of simply fixing the bug (vex armor triple dipping into elemental combo weapons), they decided to give it an ineffective formular which killed the tank AND damage aspects of him. Aka the only aspects.

Edited by IceColdHawk

vor 2 Minuten schrieb -N7-Leonhart:

yeah chroma needed his extreme combination of dmg and tankyness to make him stand out. he doesnt have the cc that makes rhino stand out.

rhinos cc is pretty strong, he is a great tank and his dmg buff gives the team more freedom to move.

chroma has no cc, cant tank anymore and his dmg buff requires the team to stick to him. in a game where movement is key.. 

1 minute ago, IceColdHawk said:

Changing stuff is one thing but deleting is another. I'm not even exaggerating at this point due to chroma being literally rhino 0.5. Not more not less. His 1 and 4 are still a joke while 2 and 3 got trashed only because of a bug. So instead of simply fixing the bug (vex armor triple dipping into elemental combo weapons), they decided to give it an ineffective formular which killed the tank AND damage aspects of him. Aka the only aspects.

Yes, the formula is ineffective, especially the damage part. It seems that if I put a Riven with +% damage on it, it becomes even less effective of an increase, since it's additive, like with Serration and Heavy Caliber. Really, I would have hoped myself that they would have reduced the %buffs instead of changing the mechanics, just to keep things constant.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb IceColdHawk:

my hope is. that dmg 3.0 fixes tripple dipping so chroma can be revisited and return to his old formula without having this huge exploid

vor 1 Minute schrieb -N7-Leonhart:

Yes, the formula is ineffective, especially the damage part. It seems that if I put a Riven with +% damage on it, it becomes even less effective of an increase, since it's additive, like with Serration and Heavy Caliber. Really, I would have hoped myself that they would have reduced the %buffs instead of changing the mechanics, just to keep things constant.

reducing the effect still doesnt get rid of the dmg exploit. DE just didnt had the time to fix the double / tripple dipping. maybe they fix it with dmg 3.0 and chroma can return to the old formula

vor 4 Stunden schrieb DeadlyCreation:

reducing the effect still doesnt get rid of the dmg exploit. DE just didnt had the time to fix the double / tripple dipping. maybe they fix it with dmg 3.0 and chroma can return to the old formula

The damage exploit has NOTHING to do with our damage system. It was simply a faulty code within vex armor. Other damage buffers worked just fine.

Gerade eben schrieb TKDancer:

roar still applies after mods, like how vex did before

Yep, and that's correct. What i'm talking about is not the "applying after mods" but the "double and triple your damage bonus on elemental combo weapons" and this does NOT apply to roar. It was it's own bug exclusive to vex armor which only needed fixed.

1 minute ago, IceColdHawk said:

Yep, and that's correct. What i'm talking about is not the "applying after mods" but the "double and triple your damage bonus on elemental combo weapons" and this does NOT apply to roar. It was it's own bug exclusive to vex armor which only needed fixed.

Then why couldn't just fix the double/triple dip only? Vex armor is literally the only useful ability that Chroma has, and that has been gutted.

7 minutes ago, Dragazer said:

Then why couldn't just fix the double/triple dip only? Vex armor is literally the only useful ability that Chroma has, and that has been gutted.

yeah why didnt they just.. make it work like roar? why make it multiply ONLY the base values and nothing more?

and why touch scorn when they said they were only gonna address fury?

vor 11 Minuten schrieb TKDancer:

they said they weren't gonna touch scorn and just address fury. Soooooooo....

but they had to touch scorn. if they would implement the old scorne with the aura effect chroma has now it would have been WAY WAAAY to OP. literally the whole team would have been gods.

but there are two other ways. first just make the dmg buff be an aura or second.. remove the aura. but then chroma should get a dmg increase again because right now, if the dmg buff would only count for himself.. he would just be trash. literally the worst dps in game.

t

6 minutes ago, DeadlyCreation said:

but they had to touch scorn. if they would implement the old scorne with the aura effect chroma has now it would have been WAY WAAAY to OP. literally the whole team would have been gods.

but there are two other ways. first just make the dmg buff be an aura or second.. remove the aura. but then chroma should get a dmg increase again because right now, if the dmg buff would only count for himself.. he would just be trash. literally the worst dps in game.

they could have halved the effect teammates got instead of making vex armor trash for everyone

10 minutes ago, DeadlyCreation said:

Except no, how many frames in the game that ppl regularly play could actually take advantage of the armor buff?

Remember it works by multiplying armor. Its going to do jackS#&$ with low armor.

vor 4 Minuten schrieb IceColdHawk:

Might as well delete all damage buffs at this point. How are those ridiculous? Care to explain?

the thing is. we got frames that kill and frames that buff to kill. atm frames that kill are way stronger than frames that buff. EG equinox or mesa. so why do they nerf the buffers. in my opinion chroma should buff more than rhino because rhino also effects ability dmg. so yeah. the meta shifts more and more away from buffers and closer to DMG dealign warframes.