Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where do you find Dargyns?

tennotraveller

If you find dargyn pilots just walking around the base, chances are that the dargyns are nearby. However from the few dargyns I found, they seem to be actually parked just outside the camps and bases. Not inside them. Might need confirming.

Anyway, finding pilots is way easier than their dargyns as they loiter in the bases with other grineer. Guess you can just spook one and watch which way he starts running.

Edited by -skimmer-

I had the same problem. I've found a few, but it kinda defeats the purpose if they're that hard to find. They should literally be at every base. I also wish they would slowly hover to the ground once you kill the pilot flying them. Me and a friend both shot pilots, but the Dargyns just exploded. I hit a pilot's head with a 37,000 orange crit, but the Dargyn exploded and the pilot fell safely to the ground. It's annoying. 

1 hour ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

I had the same problem. I've found a few, but it kinda defeats the purpose if they're that hard to find. They should literally be at every base. I also wish they would slowly hover to the ground once you kill the pilot flying them. Me and a friend both shot pilots, but the Dargyns just exploded. I hit a pilot's head with a 37,000 orange crit, but the Dargyn exploded and the pilot fell safely to the ground. It's annoying. 

To make it even worse they are extremely rare to find.... So not only can't you stop a flying dargyn and hijack it, but you also have to look for quite a while to find a dargyn which can be killed quickly by your companions.... totally lame.

I hope DE increasses the spawn rate of those dargyn vehicles... such a nice feature and it's so hard to use it. I'm better off with archwing launchers...

Question to those who have found and piloted Dargyns - are they worth finding in the first place? Do they have the same obnoxious momentum that archwings have and do they go down in one hit from missiles and stern looks?

Edited by Prany

2 hours ago, Prany said:

Question to those who have found and piloted Dargyns - are they worth finding in the first place? Do they have the same obnoxious momentum that archwings have and do they go down in one hit from missiles and stern looks?

Well it has no shields, so any and every damage you take will hit the Dargyn's HP
The armament is pretty decent unless you have some very high level weapon which would probably make a 20 mm cannon look like a pea shooter
The Dargyn tends to go level with the plains even when u press Shift + W. And they don't barrel roll like archwings do
All in all it's fun to find one, and maybe get into a dogfight with another Dargyn, and it's way better to control compared to archwings
But the effort and time needed to find one pretty much cancels out the fun factor, as well as how fragile the Dargyn is when shot at

Edited by LeaderOrder

On 2/10/2018 at 9:43 AM, BL4CKN0ISE said:

Like the old GI Joe cartoon.  They always made sure you saw the pilots parachuting to safety every time a vehicle got blown up lol.

38 minutes ago, Vinja said:

The reason I'm seeking this information is because I have a Shotgun Riven...
Whose veiled task is to kill 10 Dargyn with a bow while undetected.

Obscene.  :angry:

Wow, that's an interesting riven challenge. I would actually like to get that one. I would try using Ivara. The Dargyn pilots will spawn if you start attacking the bases and get them all agro. Ivara's "Navigator" ability would make that challenge pretty easy and fun. You might need a friend to attack the bases tho, so you stay undetected. 

10 minutes ago, (PS4)thowed said:

Like the old GI Joe cartoon.  They always made sure you saw the pilots parachuting to safety every time a vehicle got blown up lol.

:laugh:

Edited by BL4CKN0ISE

7 hours ago, Vinja said:

Lad. Get ivara, use her 4 to take them out .Its EASY. Did it except for 13 dargyns got a godly kohm riven haha

The Dargyns are fun while you have it. It's not exactly OP, and it's pretty darn fragile imo, but it's nice to zip around in some vehicle you could never get while outside of PoE. Plus it has that 360 degree rotatable turret which is fun to use. All in all I'd say it's worth to find one and use it for the lolz. For combat, nah. The AA is way to strong against the Dargyn. You're better off fighting on the ground, and using it for fast travel is still darn risky because if you get shot down you get downed. 

Edited by LeaderOrder

7 minutes ago, IronicCompound said:

Pff then wait till you get ivara shes easy dude. Just run the selected spy missions nail them all with op or something its soo easy

Oh sure 9.09% drop chance is so good

You'll probably get her in, idk, 1 day of hard grinding which is 100 times the time and effort needed to shoot down 10 Dargyns in stealth

On 2/12/2018 at 12:30 AM, LeaderOrder said:

Oh sure 9.09% drop chance is so good

You'll probably get her in, idk, 1 day of hard grinding which is 100 times the time and effort needed to shoot down 10 Dargyns in stealth

9 hours ago, 4G0158 said:

can you just, kill 1 dargyn, abort mission, rinse & repeat? the riven didnt said consecutively or in a row.

i clear a riven that said kill 30 undetected that way.

Guys this isnt a Ivara post its a Where do i find the crappy flying things so we can do our rivens, and or just find them post ;) 

On 12/02/2018 at 2:30 AM, Vinja said:

It seems the grounded ones don't go towards the veils no matter if they are in the air or not.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2018 at 12:52 AM, LeaderOrder said:

Well it has no shields, so any and every damage you take will hit the Dargyn's HP
The armament is pretty decent unless you have some very high level weapon which would probably make a 20 mm cannon look like a pea shooter
The Dargyn tends to go level with the plains even when u press Shift + W. And they don't barrel roll like archwings do
All in all it's fun to find one, and maybe get into a dogfight with another Dargyn, and it's way better to control compared to archwings
But the effort and time needed to find one pretty much cancels out the fun factor, as well as how fragile the Dargyn is when shot at

Some do have shields and some don't - the shields of course in typical grineer fashion are only front mounted.  If you are running away you don't need a shield =]