Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Here is chroma changes

Williams

I have 1100 base armor + %1046 vex armor for defense but still he can't stand aganist 130 lvl gunners and bombards 

Even with %822 fury damage bonus, most powerful damage boost in game, he can't kill these corrupteds 

So some people says it's not nerf i'ts fix for me he is trash now 

The character you made in the current update is UNABLE !!!
 a 953% increase in damage does not add damage at all, increasing armor in 1153% does not help even against 40 lvl
. I ask to correct everything as it was before. the character is NOT playable

Edited by Maxibonho

5 minutes ago, Bobtm said:

All you've shown in this video is that you need to learn to dodge knockdowns.

You spent over half the fight not shooting at all due to standing still.  That's not a Chroma problem.

As you see there was just 5 enemy, just 5 enemy, why should i dodge?  point of video is not dodge

3 minutes ago, Antaeon said:

You don't have Vitality, you don't dodge, you don't use lifestrike, you don't really do anything to stay alive other than vex armor and elemental ward. Sounds like a 'you' problem.

Wow, every warframe with lifestrike can survive in this situtation, and 440 health point can give me immortality right? you can try then show us results

8 minutes ago, TarekMansur said:

As you see there was just 5 enemy, just 5 enemy, why should i dodge?  point of video is not dodge

Because what you're trying to do is create a confirmation bias, by playing incorrectly to make a frame look weaker than it truly is when built and used right.

"Just 5 enemies"

Yes, 5 enemies that are level 130.  Five enemies that you stood perfectly still and let shoot you, without fighting back.  Five enemies that you picked out that aren't just run of the mill mooks, but heavies.  Five enemies that you could have beaten with a Chroma using a Soma if the build were done correctly and you made proper use of your abilities.

The video ends up proving the opposite of your claims because Chroma was able to stand there counting ceiling tiles while eating a full buffet breakfast of bullets courtesy of some Heavy units for a good handful of seconds while you purposefully did nothing to stop them.

I'd say Chroma being able to eat that much damage from a player who may as well have been AFK, is working as intended.

3 minutes ago, Bobtm said:

Because what you're trying to do is create a confirmation bias, by playing incorrectly to make a frame look weaker than it truly is when built and used right.

"Just 5 enemies"

Yes, 5 enemies that are level 130.  Five enemies that you stood perfectly still and let shoot you, without fighting back.  Five enemies that you picked out that aren't just run of the mill mooks, but heavies.  Five enemies that you could have beaten with a Chroma using a Soma if the build were done correctly and you made proper use of your abilities.

The video ends up proving the opposite of your claims because Chroma was able to stand there counting ceiling tiles while eating a full buffet breakfast of bullets courtesy of some Heavy units for a good handful of seconds while you purposefully did nothing to stop them.

I'd say Chroma being able to eat that much damage from a player who may as well have been AFK, is working as intended.

This. You complained about dying when you did nothing to survive.

2 minutes ago, TarekMansur said:

Purpose of video is show vex armor's power so i asking again why should i dodge ? maybe you guys understand

Because tank is not supposed to mean immune to all damage forever.  It merely means you can eat more of said damage before you're pushing up daisies.

Take a non-tank frame and stand in front of five level one-thirty enemies and watch them shoot you you stand still.  Said frame will evaporate in under two literal seconds if you're lucky.  In this video your Chroma ate bullets from just about second 8 of the video till 22, where he finally kicked the bucket.  That's fourteen seconds of sustained gunfire that you did literally zero things ever to try and stop from hitting you.  That's a lot of damage!

Also on the tank frames that don't have any innate healing method, it's just common knowledge that one must provide a way to heal.  All the damage resistance in the world won't mean you'll never die eventually.  This is why the Chroma standard meta makes use of an arcane to passively heal them, or utilizing Life Strike on a melee to preserve themselves over an extended period.  Lost HP is lost HP, and without recovering that you will eventually die if you continue taking enemy fire.  That's intended game design.

All this video tells me is that the Vex-Armour/Ice-Ward combo is still working as intended. A sizeable damage resistance buff that makes incoming damage from high-level enemies far more manageable and reasonable to the point where players can actually react and respond to attacks.

Warframe is not played in a vaccuum. It is not played by standing still and letting enemies dump their bullets into your face. While it is funny to do so, I am not surprised when I die because of that. Chroma just means being able to stand to-to-toe against level 100 enemies without fear of instant vaporisation.

13 seconds of damage from 130 Heavy Gunners and Bombards seems pretty tanky to me, especially considering the lack of any dodging or healing.

"mom, I can't tank a squad of freaking bombards that I'm supposed to dodge all day! Wtf?"

Damn, why did I watch the video? You tanked enough damaged for a whole squad to get shredded without bless and any HP boost. What did you expect? Also, the buff of Vex armor is now shareable for a very decent amount of range, wich makes everyone else extremely powerful as well.

Vex sounds actually op to me in the hands of a good squad.

i have to say that the video doesnt do justice to the change. i tested it in simulacrum. 1200% armor buff and i die in 3 seconds by 4 level 120 arid heavy gunner. and thats just super bad for a tank. if it would be the 13 seconds IRL i could understand but it isnt. we all know warframe AI can be funny sometimes and the video seems to be a perfect example (EG u cna literally count the seconds the enemies are not shooting and also you can hear them shooting but missing the target)

30 minutes ago, Asdryu said:

"mom, I can't tank a squad of freaking bombards that I'm supposed to dodge all day! Wtf?"

Damn, why did I watch the video? You tanked enough damaged for a whole squad to get shredded without bless and any HP boost. What did you expect? Also, the buff of Vex armor is now shareable for a very decent amount of range, wich makes everyone else extremely powerful as well.

Vex sounds actually op to me in the hands of a good squad.

10 minutes ago, Tora.Prime said:

If you like just stand in front of the Enemys may you should play limbo instead of chroma

I am waiting your dodge example videos, show us how can do it.

6 hours ago, TarekMansur said:

I am waiting your dodge example videos, show us how can do it.

You don't know how to move out of the way of a gun? Do you regularly stand for enemies to mow at you in regular missions? or do you walk and try to shoot them too? 

• 1 month later...
On 2/11/2018 at 3:51 AM, Echandquarte said:

"Chroma's defense wasnt even touched" thats funny. 

It was touched they changed the formula a bit. Instead of vex armor being multipled at the end it’s now factored in as a mod, so we do yield less armor; however, the dmg reduction takes a slight hit. This guy doesn’t know how to play chroma due him not understanding you need a way to he’s and tbh I feel like a tigris prime would have a better outcome than a soma prime. 

When i tested Chroma’s Survivability with just Vex Armor alone charged up to 1046% Scorn with Self damage and a max duration Null Star Nova prime’s survivability against a lvl 125 Corrupted Nullifier, It took 4 shots to kill Nova prime and three shots to kill Chroma. And that’s with 299% power strength on Chroma so his Survivability is wrecked now. Also, a Nullifier that high of a level would do as much damage as a lvl 60+ Corrupted Nullifier in MoT so he would struggle in about 20 mins of MoT.

Edited by Shaw1996