Acrid Impressions

d1ru

kills slow? death animation delayed 1-2 seconds? (non satisfying)

sound is horrible. (wet fart)

shoots bolts? seems to disappear when hitting target, being replaced with a shart-like pattern

cant change the green color of the liquid in barrel. wtf.

good gun other than that.

edit: maybe i just have been having lag with the death delay thing. need to test more

another edit: i would KILL for some sort of reaction from the enemy when being hit. stagger, stumble, whatever. would make it a lot more fun to use

Edited by d1ru

I find that  when something absolutely needs to die, the Acrid  is the answer. It's worth the 1 forma to make and the 4  more to make it do all of the things.

Edit: Though I do agree the sound is pretty lame

Edited by CrownFire

Well, against middle-grad enemies it might be a bit slower than only high-damage weapons, but when its about to kill a lvl 120 orokin heavy, you will want to throw your latron prime away and use acrid, because damn, that damage.

I agree with the sound, sound like stepping into infesetd poop.

I also dont like the look of it (too big barrel, color not customizable)

Yep, the sound needs a change for sure, and being able to change the poison color in the barrel would be awesome.

Make it happen, DE!

I would like for the weapon to look less cartoony 

Does not really fit the warframe theme 

so, death delay confirmed then?

by death delay, are you referring to kills made by DoT?

Because if so, that's not really a delayed death animation, the enemy is just dying when its health hits 0, just as normal.

Edited by Meenmu

by death delay, are you referring to kills made by DoT?

no I have it modded high enough that it kills on one shot but it would take one to two seconds before an enemy would fall over and die

Edited by d1ru

no I have it modded high enough that it kills on one shot but it would take one to two seconds before an enemy would fall over and die

that's still DoT. The enemy is not dying from the impact of the needle. The needle hits and does base dmg...depending on the level of enemy it will still take at least 1sec of that 80-90% dot dmg of poison pumping though their veins before they keel over.

But completely...COMPLETELY agree the sound is horrible. I get that it' spitting out needles but that sound could use a retouch. And the size!?!? It looks like a Supersoaker water gun.

However it is immensely satisfying to lick off a few needles--peppering a room full of enemies and then charging through them as they all melt and dissolve around you. With the Flux and that on my hip--Reaper Prime or Orthos on my back... I am a very bad man.

Acrid is everything I wish the Seer was. Right now, it's my favorite pistola.

Edited by RawGritz

It's a great damage dealer, but it doesn't work with Sonar, which has turned me off from using it- as I'm a Banshee main. I generally just use my Twins outside of Maximum Overtry and T3 Defense (Vipers kinda fall off due to the armor scaling when everything's over level 80 or so), at which point I'll use Despair. Because Despair actually works with Sonar XD

that's still DoT. The enemy is not dying from the impact of the needle. The needle hits and does base dmg...depending on the level of enemy it will still take at least 1sec of that 80-90% dot dmg of poison pumping though their veins before they keel over.

75% per second for 4 seconds (just so you know =P)

tbh I mostly just came here to say that the dot's 75%. Only added more to my post to be less of the "that guy" correcting statistics.

Carry on.

Edited by TheBlueJelly

Too Op right now pertty much using despair/acrid is only going to make the game more boring for you

No, it i good as it is, have you ever played a high ranked defense? If you dont have an acrid or another good weapon with you, you will definitely loose. Its a mastery rank 7 weapon for a reason. Of course you can kill lvl 30 grineer like a boss, but its a high-rank weapon for high-level missions.

No, it i good as it is, have you ever played a high ranked defense? If you dont have an acrid or another good weapon with you, you will definitely loose. Its a mastery rank 7 weapon for a reason. Of course you can kill lvl 30 grineer like a boss, but its a high-rank weapon for high-level missions.

T3 void defence mission, no potatoed gear and no potatoed weapons, only using lanka as end game weapon. Say what ?

Go ahead using acrid and despair, is a insta-gib for anything no level 100 and for level 100 foes just shot 2 times..

Edited by Dasmir

However it is immensely satisfying to lick off a few needles--peppering a room full of enemies and then charging through them as they all melt and dissolve around you. With the Flux and that on my hip--Reaper Prime or Orthos on my back... I am a very bad man.

Acrid is everything I wish the Seer was. Right now, it's my favorite pistola.

Woa...you and I have nearly the same ideal loadout, Flux, Acrid, (I prefer Scindo). And I'd rather use seer, have forma'd and use it everywhere besides t3 void. I wish the seer were on par with acrid, but I love it anyway.