Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt sit in place and press 4 to clear defense.

IfritKajiTora

As a removal of cap damage. Happen what I was afraid of.

Build for 235% range, 140% strength and 170% efficiency. Sit on defense missions and press 4 every several seconds to kill everything on Low-Mid leveled missions. Ember got nerf with her 4 of not killing everything on lew-mid leveled missions, but now Volt is doing the same work and even better. Clearing whole room and near rooms from enemies.

From the beginning I though that Volt is a support CC frame. Now he is more like a DPS.

In my opinion Volt's Overload should be a CC ability rather than DPS. Lower damage and make his ultimate last longer. stun and small damage is better than clearing rooms with one button press.

1 minute ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

I don't even play Volt, but this is the exact kind of crap that keeps getting frames butchered.

It's a low-mid level mission, what the honest heck do you expect?  End Game difficulty?

I do agree. Just about anything will wipe these missions.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

I don't even play Volt, but this is the exact kind of crap that keeps getting frames butchered.

It's a low-mid level mission, what the honest heck do you expect?  End Game difficulty?

Thats why DE nerfed Ember. But nerf for ember is too much and isn't what it should be.

5 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

Build for 235% range, 140% strength and 170% efficiency. Sit on defense missions and press 4 every several seconds to kill everything on Low-Mid leveled missions. Ember got nerf with her 4 of not killing everything on lew-mid leveled missions, but now Volt is doing the same work and even better. Clearing whole room and near rooms from enemies.

From the beginning I though that Volt is a support CC frame. Now he is more like a DPS.

In my opinion Volt's Overload should be a CC ability rather than DPS. Lower damage and make his ultimate last longer. stun and small damage is better than clearing rooms with one button press.

I'm sorry but if you think this is something new for Volt you're wrong. This kind of spamfest always happens on defense missions and will always happen, it can be Volt, it can be Saryn, it can be Octavia, Banshee, Equinox, Ember (Rip) etc... etc... etc... You can either avoid defense missions for the sake of your game experience or... well, get over it.

40 minutes ago, Lokime said:

I'm sorry but if you think this is something new for Volt you're wrong. This kind of spamfest always happens on defense missions and will always happen, it can be Volt, it can be Saryn, it can be Octavia, Banshee, Equinox, Ember (Rip) etc... etc... etc... You can either avoid defense missions for the sake of your game experience or... well, get over it.

now with ember gone people will notice these frames more i fear either octavia or volt will be the next ones to get nerfed.

15 minutes ago, Lokime said:

I'm not complaining because someone is clearing rooms. But DE goal is to remove abilities that are just press to win.

Ember has been nerfed. Volt has been changed to against what DE want.

Equinox need to kill before he/she can clear room with one press.

Octavia too, need to get damage for her 1 to clear rooms, but it isn't that great after all.

Saryn have some weird broken mechanic of spores +gas status, which should be changed, and it will be changed in the future.

And going back to that what you said. They will change in future every warframe to not clear rooms with one button press, so saying that this change won't change anything because others will still do that. Isn't a good point of avoiding changed. They can't change every warframe in one update to not kill everything with one press, so it need some time and making changes by changes, update after update, until all abilities that are clearing rooms will be changed.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

5 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

I'm not complaining because someone is clearing rooms. But DE goal is to remove abilities that are just press to win.

Ember has been nerfed. Volt has been changed to against what DE want.

Equinox need to kill before he/she can clear room with one press.

Octavia too, need to get damage for her 1 to clear rooms, but it isn't that great after all.

Saryn have some weird broken mechanic of spores +gas status, which should be changed, and it will be changed in the future.

And going back to that what you said. They will change in future every warframe to not clear rooms with one button press, so saying that this change won't change anything because others will still do that. Isn't a good point of avoiding changed. They can't change every warframe in one update to not kill everything with one press, so it need some time and making changes by changes, update after update, until all abilities that are clearing rooms will be changed.

They can do or undo what they want since it's their game. Not our call. But Meta will always exist, the playerbase will find ways to cheese through content for whatever reasoning behind. Imo "abilities that clear rooms" are very useful, are they annoying? Yeah, they can be, but in a game with so much content and so much grind, efficiency is essential. The main problem I see is that there is simply no "end game" content right now other than sorties and now the new Eidolon thing... But then again I'm just another player.

1 hour ago, IfritKajiTora said:

Scott has gone on record saying Volt is DPS, not CC. Volt is now working as the developers intended to. You can have your opinion, but the Developers want Volt to be DPS, and a lot of the community does to.

I am a Volt is one of the frames I rotate play with frequently and I am very happy that he's more than just speed and crit boosting. I can't wait for these changes to hit console.

I am sure he's still CC at sortie 3.

And for the record, Ember's reason for being targeted was because she would turn an exterminate into a race to the finish. She would literally burn low level enemies while bullet jumping through the map automatically while her teammates raced to catch up. Standing in a single spot and nuking everything is completely different from sprinting through the level while nuking everything. At least with defense other teammates can camp spawns and Overload's strength diminishes with distance. WOF had full damage from the entire radius.

Edited by (PS4)DBR87

3 minutes ago, (PS4)DBR87 said:

Scott has gone on record saying Volt is DPS, not CC. Volt is now working as the developers intended to. You can have your opinion, but the Developers want Volt to be DPS, and a lot of the community does to.

I am a Volt is one of the frames I rotate play with frequently and I am very happy that he's more than just speed and crit boosting. I can't wait for these changes to hit console.

I am sure he's still CC at sortie 3.

He'd be awful CC at sortie 3 now, they nerfed the ability to have a 6 second base duration that scales down to 3 seconds by the edge of its range. His point blank damaging is probably better, but he now does... less damage at long range for a quarter of the duration he did before.

Edited by OvisCaedo

1 minute ago, OvisCaedo said:

He'd be awful CC at sortie 3 now, they nerfed the ability to have a 6 second base duration that scales down to 3 seconds by the edge of its range. His point blank damaging is probably better, but he now does... less damage at long range for a quarter of the duration he did before.

*shrug*

I always thought his 1 was under appreciated as CC anyway. It saved my butt during a long reload many of times.

10 hours ago, (PS4)DBR87 said:

Yeah but now he is just press 4 to clear rooms I'm doing that on exterminations, defenses and interceptions. That what DE don't want to exist in game.

At Corpus Sorties he still can clear the rooms.

18 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

Aaaand, that's it? Just tiny shock make the warframe CC on sorties?

I don't think he was saying Shock makes Volt a CC frame, just that it should't be disregarded now that Discharge is less CC oriented now. Shock is definitely a nice CC ability anyway though; cheap and spamable, affects up to 6 enemies for 3 seconds, and is one handed. I would personally like to see Discharge Duration brought back up just a little too, but it's overall in a better place than it was.

12 hours ago, IfritKajiTora said:

Low-Mid leveled missions

Our next important new is you suffocate if you dont breath.

Low-mid level missions are easy, everything up to lv60 is easy. There are not buts, excuses this content is outdated.

Complaining that frames are able to tackle this enviroment is like saying that someone in Wow with endgame content and finalised gear shouldnt be able to clear out starter dungeons with ease.

13 hours ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

Precisely, this is the kind of posts that gets things that people invest heavily in nerfed to the ground.

4 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Our next important new is you suffocate if you dont breath.

Low-mid level missions are easy, everything up to lv60 is easy. There are not buts, excuses this content is outdated.

Complaining that frames are able to tackle this enviroment is like saying that someone in Wow with endgame content and finalised gear shouldnt be able to clear out starter dungeons with ease.

With one button press... Like Volt doing it right now. In World of Warcraft there are no nuke abilities that have 20m+ range AoE, so there is no problem with that.

4 minutes ago, IfritKajiTora said:

With one button press... Like Volt doing it right now. In World of Warcraft there are no nuke abilities that have 20m+ range AoE, so there is no problem with that.

This is not WoW. In WF, there are countless ways to one-button low-mid level defense.  Volt is not the problem - the content, the places you need to go to do stuff & farm stuff, and the fact that more advanced players will ALWAYS find the most efficient way to farm is the issue.

Just now, IfritKajiTora said:

Because suddenly a mission becomes much harder if you press 2 buttons?

Have you ever tried ignis spinning?

Mesa 4th?

Banshee 4th new variant?

Saryn molt spores?

Spin-to-win?

My point still stands you are complaining that in the starchart levels enemies die too fast. I got to say, get over it already.

It took months to finally move DE to remove the cap on disharge and make this skill into an actual attack and not some CC just like the developers said they want it!

This is a casual game, where unless you go to lv100 enviroment you will not gonna feel threatened at all.

I would say over 60% of the Warframes in the game can sit on a level 30 defense target and Spam there 3 or 4 and wipe the map. Saryn's old Miasma and Excaliburs old Javelin invented that play. But if you have a build that is strong enough to clear level 80-120 sortie content, then of course you can erase a level 30 defense. Frost's Avalanche can do this. Saryn's Spore and Miasma can do this. Excalibur Radial Javelin can do this. Rhino's Stomp can do this. Equinox Maim can do this. Limbo's Cataclysm can do this. And in the case of Limbo, he can shut down Sortie Defense at will. He literally has a "Stop" button for enemies.

If Volt's new 4 is ruining the game for you, then just leave if you see a volt or go into recruitment chat and build your own party. But there are so many frames that can nuke level 30 defense when using Sortie builds and that is not gonna change unless DE nerfs every frame with a nuke on their 3 or 4.

2 hours ago, Fallen_Echo said:

Because suddenly a mission becomes much harder if you press 2 buttons?

Have you ever tried ignis spinning?

Mesa 4th?

Banshee 4th new variant?

Saryn molt spores?

Spin-to-win?

My point still stands you are complaining that in the starchart levels enemies die too fast. I got to say, get over it already.

Not two buttons but to actually move and kill with other team mates enemies around. Not enter press one button and move forward because you have high range AoE attack, making the mission boring for others, because they can't kill anything. That is exactly what DE want to remove from the game, that's why Ember has been changed. While new Volt is clearing rooms better than Ember pre nerf.

About other Warframes, yeah some of them they can STILL do it. But I'm sure that in future they will be changed to not do that.

Saying that changing one Warframe won't change anything because people will find other ways to clear rooms as fast as possible, is like saying that DE should not fix bugs, because players will find another bugs in game, so what is a point.

19 hours ago, (PS4)lagrue said:

THIS. 100% resonates with me. As ember is one of my top 3 most played frames, its ridiculous how much they changed her and worse how people defend the changes while not having playtested it themselves.