Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma nerf :(

xenon201

Hello unfortunately after last update chroma is no so op now...

I try to kill on eidolon and I see I don't give so much dmg and the armor I have on buff 1100+ and idk I die so easy. Before update it was most tanky. 

This Is my build before update it was perfect very powerfull  + tank.

1 -https://imgur.com/a/Wc4oR

And I see a bug I guess. If I chose white color I have this status on ability:

2 -https://imgur.com/a/O5lvJ

You see "Armor 477, Damage Multiplier 9.54" All ok but If I go on the cetus I have this (With same color):

3 - https://imgur.com/a/dD44W

Now I don't have armor he give me Health + Damage / Sec....

On the ship on bounti 1/5 you know that ship with lvl 50 with tigris prime I destroy 2 or maxim 3 shoot. Now I need 7+  shoot or moore...

This is my build for tigris prime:

4 - https://imgur.com/a/452QP

I have 100% status + 15k viral  +  10k rad It was enough to make alot dmg  +  I try to kill teralyst I see I don't give so much dmg again I need 7+ or moore shoot to kill and before update it was enough 4 or 3 ...

In conclusion this new update I don't like so much.... Ok nice with new teralyst with buff guns (or meele) but he nerf alot chroma now it's like simple warframe tank 0... and dmg 0... :(

I can't say for certain if it is a huge nerf because so far at least in terms of Eidolon hunting, I am seeing similar results as before.

That said, we can't do it solo and expect the same or even similar results anymore.

While in the past when I played in pugs, I noticed high 70s to sometimes 90 plus % in damage for my Chroma, now I see a more even spread and only 50 to 60% at most for my Chroma these days.

Usually it is around 25% there about which makes it pretty equal and I believe it is my buff that is doing it.

He is a lot less tanky now though and that should be adjusted considering he is a tank and all.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

vor 13 Minuten schrieb OoKeNnEtHoO:

I can't say for certain if it is a huge nerf because so far at least in terms of Eidolon hunting, I am seeing similar results as before.

That said, we can't do it solo and expect the same or even similar results anymore.

While in the past when I played in pugs, I noticed high 70s to sometimes 90 plus % in damage for my Chroma, now I see a more even spread and only 50 to 60% at most for my Chroma these days.

Usually it is around 25% there about which makes it pretty equal and I believe it is my buff that is doing it.

He is a lot less tanky now though and that should be adjusted considering he is a tank and all.

dont know what weapons u are using but the dmg nerf is way way way greater. my arca plasmor went from dealing 34000 per pallet to 560.

Edited by DeadlyCreation

2 minutes ago, DeadlyCreation said:

dont know what weapons u are using but the dmg nerf is way way way greater. my arca plasmor went from dealing 34000 per pallet to 560.

True. My arca p. was dealing the same amount of damage. But Euphona is quite decent. Later I will try my Vectis P.

in general the huge dmg output before the formula change was because of some weird exploit that made weapons with a elemental combo on it do doubled the chromas buff and weapons with a base elemental combo (plasmor) do tripple the dmg. so with a build that gives for example 800% fury buff , u usually should have 8x more dmg. but on the plasmor it is 8x8x8. so as 512 dmg multiplier. which is just rediculous. with fixing that exploit we would have kept the tanky side and the dmg would be atleast abit better (round about twice as good as it is now. so really not even close to before but atleast something)

but instead of fixing buggs DE decided they just ignore them and change the whole formula. basically ruining a whole frame and cutting the source out. doesnt that sound familiar: raids, dark sector?

if they would have fixed the exploit chroma would not even be close to one shotting the eidolons but atleast he wouldnt just go down instantly. overall i think that the quick fix was really bad and not well thougth through.

Edited by DeadlyCreation

28 minutes ago, xenon201 said:

Just good reason to leave this game for a moment...

Yeah, I did that 3 times in the past when they continually balanced some of my favourite frames and after 6 months or so on perhaps my longest time away, the amount of content when I came back was two to three times what I experienced prior to the nerf waves.

Could be good idea to do it especially since there will be loads of new content when you are back.

That said, will be a very good move to also login daily just to get the login count and reward because the amount of regret I had for not logging in during my sabattical from warframe is huge and gets bigger each login milestone they add.

I do have a friend who joined about same time as me and stayed for the most part throughout though so he does help me get back into the game by sharing tips and current techniques so milieage and how easy you will integrate back might vary. I also don't mind spending on the game so acquiring new items are somewhat faster for me than if I were to grind for them which will be something that you will be doing a lot during reintegration if you do not want to buy plat.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

Yea, I'm not a fan of this 'rebalance' either.  My 6 Forma Chroma is basically a much worse Rhino (my Rhino having 3 Forma) and it absolutely sucks.  I think I know how some of my friends felt when Frost Prime got his 'nerf' into the ground just because frost was effective at what he did.  Warframe was fun while it lasted...

I don't understand why DE has to nerf everything that makes us get through things in the most efficient ways. One day there's going to be just so many over nerfs that nobody will want to play anymore because of how terrible DE have made the game. With everything that was once overpowered being nerfed, enemies will get harder to kill, we won't be gathering the recources we o-so-desire fast enough, the grind will get more annoying, then people would eventually stop grinding and quit the game completely because of nerfs. Either DE needs to look at a different way of approaching OP things or they need to make enemies stronger. Not once have I ever seen a update where OP enemies in Endgame like: Ancients, Heavy Gunners, Nox's, Scorpions, Nullifiers, energy draining Eximus, Bursa's, etc. get a nerf. I'm just saying, DE you need to stop taking everything OP and start looking at the other side a bit more.

Edited by (PS4)Mr_BruhXx

Am 11.2.2018 um 12:47 schrieb DeadlyCreation:

dmg nerf is way way way greater. my arca plasmor went from dealing 34000 per pallet to 560.

damage caluclation fix*

but that is what you can expect if it stops giving you a multiplicative bonus that squares itself due to innate element damage.

• 1 month later...

chroma was too op they had to nerf it for several reaso

1. if you didnt have chroma you can't join hunt

2. if u didnt use trin or harrow your out

3.  MOST important they dont want 1shots on a boss to happen thats nightteras r supposed to be a challenge not eas

4. thanks calum the calculations where off people could get infinite bonuse until the timer runs out therfore peole where with knowlgde abusing a bug to all those who used this shame on you

Edited by (PS4)runescaper11

15 hours ago, (PS4)runescaper11 said:

3.  MOST important they dont want 1shots on a boss to happen thats nightteras r supposed to be a challenge not eas

4. thanks calum the calculations where off people could get infinite bonuse until the timer runs out therfore peole where with knowlgde abusing a bug to all those who used this shame on you

the issue is DE not addressing how many abilities are worthless in eidolon hunts, creating a bad and toxic "meta"

also we can still 1 shot synovias

5 hours ago, (PS4)teacup775 said:

Eh, Chroma still crushes. 

A Rhino buffing Chroma and the team already makes it a one shot  on the synovia.

burining the shield is still the largest time sink.

i dont really care as much about the fury nerf as i do about the scorn nerf

i'd rather they just fixed the bug obviously, but a nerf to his dmg output to put him more in line with other buffers is fine, but then again, id have preferred if they gave fury a smaller value while making it multiply modded dmg(akin to roar), maybe about 40% at base

on the other hand the scorn nerf was ridiculously bad, and when chroma prime comes, whenver that may be, they better revert this change along with good changes to his kit

• 2 weeks later...
On 1.4.2018 at 8:32 PM, (PS4)runescaper11 said:

IT DOES NOT matter if it HAS to be Chroma, Trinity, Harrow or NOW Rhino, Trinity, Harrow. You will NOT be allowed in the team unless you do one of these 3 roles. It does NOT matter how many frames you willl NERF TO S***T. You CAN'T do anything about people demanding that One Working Combination, the one most powerful squad for maximizing the results out of eidolon hunt. You can simply NOT do anything about peoples minds to allow anyone in their squad with anything else but the absolutely must-have best gear and setup in the game.

You gotta have Void Strike with amp 223 or you're OUT of the squad!
Chroma, or now Rhino, must have 223/323 with Unairu Wisp, or you're OUT of the squad!
Trinity must have a BLESS build on her or you are OUT of the squad!
Harrow must not use Lasting Covenant and must have specific perfection in duration and timing or You Sir Are Out.

You can't do ANYTHING about this! Maximizing the RESULTS of eidolon hunting is always a thing as long as there are Eidolons in The Plains of Eidolons!
Git gut or get OUT!

Also thank you so much for the credits I got from selling chroma! Now REFUND the platinum I spent on his SKIN!! I Never Want To Use Him Again. He's Garbage, thanks to you!

LIST TO NERF:

Atterax. decrease critical chance and range
Scoliac: decrease status change and attack speed
Soma Prime: decrease critical chance atleast 50% please
Lanka: Did you know about the bug when you ZOOM 8x, you get a 0.5x crit bonus?? That is OP dudes! Please fix this!
Vectis Prime: A very expensive and fortunate riven breaks this gun. Rivens weren't meant to buff the weapons that are already good??
Tigris Prime: This thing has too much base damage. Please take off atleast 10% of base status chance and change the main damage type to impact instead of slash.
Maiming Strike: 90% is a bit too much don't you think? lets nerf it to atleast 40% so it does not break the game!
Argon Scope: Most people can't even get their hands on this thing? Why must it bee TOO good?
Arca Plasmor has way too much spread!
Opticor is also OP when you have put 10 Formas in it and spent 200 000 Endo on the mods gone towards building it and meaby even got your hands on a riven for it.
Harrow: You got a bug right there guys! His Covenant is adding up to 50% Critical Chance to BASE critical chance of any of your weapons. Please fix this to give max +50% of the base crit chance on top of other critical chance +% effects applying on the weapons!
NOVA: You made a mistake here! Nova's Molecular Prime can speed up enemies instead of slowing them down with negative power strength! PLEASE fix this! She can speed up the bosses on this game making grinding the Lephantis for example, too easy!! TOO EASY! 2 Ez ! Nerf!

I still want that refund for the Dynasty skin I bought for Chroma!

Edited by K-Bean

I don't know if the developers of this game have ever played any other games in their life. Make an example of Counter Strike, AK-47 and M4A1 (or M4A4 / M4A1-S for those who don't play old-school) Are the best primaries in that game and you should almost always prioritize getting your hands on one.

Now Battlefield 3:
M16A3 / M16A4 was meant to be a weapon balanced between all attributes a gun has.
-Does not deal the most damage,

-Is not the most accurate,
-Does not have the lowest recoil
-And did not have the highest fire rate.

Still, people complained so much about this weapon to the developement team that they eventually gave a nerf for it on all platforms, only to chance the subject of which weapon the complaints were about. It wasn't that the weapon was OP. It was only the most balanced weapon in the game which is why everyone was using it and every crying child got killed with.
 After the nerf everyone dumped the weapon and switched to the second best weapon in the game. And the complaints did not stop. Something is always better than the other.

In Warframe I have seen more than a dozen new players in region chat asking: "What is the best weapon?" or "What is the best warframe?" Because that's what you want to do in this game, get the best thing for the fastest and most efficient results.
-How are you going to change this? I ask? Will you be endlessly nerfing everything in this game in order to stop the complaints? Good luck.

Edited by K-Bean

On 4/12/2018 at 6:50 PM, K-Bean said:

IT DOES NOT matter if it HAS to be Chroma, Trinity, Harrow or NOW Rhino, Trinity, Harrow. You will NOT be allowed in the team unless you do one of these 3 roles. It does NOT matter how many frames you willl NERF TO S***T. You CAN'T do anything about people demanding that One Working Combination, the one most powerful squad for maximizing the results out of eidolon hunt. You can simply NOT do anything about peoples minds to allow anyone in their squad with anything else but the absolutely must-have best gear and setup in the game.

You gotta have Void Strike with amp 223 or you're OUT of the squad!
Chroma, or now Rhino, must have 223/323 with Unairu Wisp, or you're OUT of the squad!
Trinity must have a BLESS build on her or you are OUT of the squad!
Harrow must not use Lasting Covenant and must have specific perfection in duration and timing or You Sir Are Out.

You can't do ANYTHING about this! Maximizing the RESULTS of eidolon hunting is always a thing as long as there are Eidolons in The Plains of Eidolons!
Git gut or get OUT!

Also thank you so much for the credits I got from selling chroma! Now REFUND the platinum I spent on his SKIN!! I Never Want To Use Him Again. He's Garbage, thanks to you!

LIST TO NERF:

Atterax. decrease critical chance and range
Scoliac: decrease status change and attack speed
Soma Prime: decrease critical chance atleast 50% please
Lanka: Did you know about the bug when you ZOOM 8x, you get a 0.5x crit bonus?? That is OP dudes! Please fix this!
Vectis Prime: A very expensive and fortunate riven breaks this gun. Rivens weren't meant to buff the weapons that are already good??
Tigris Prime: This thing has too much base damage. Please take off atleast 10% of base status chance and change the main damage type to impact instead of slash.
Maiming Strike: 90% is a bit too much don't you think? lets nerf it to atleast 40% so it does not break the game!
Argon Scope: Most people can't even get their hands on this thing? Why must it bee TOO good?
Arca Plasmor has way too much spread!
Opticor is also OP when you have put 10 Formas in it and spent 200 000 Endo on the mods gone towards building it and meaby even got your hands on a riven for it.
Harrow: You got a bug right there guys! His Covenant is adding up to 50% Critical Chance to BASE critical chance of any of your weapons. Please fix this to give max +50% of the base crit chance on top of other critical chance +% effects applying on the weapons!
NOVA: You made a mistake here! Nova's Molecular Prime can speed up enemies instead of slowing them down with negative power strength! PLEASE fix this! She can speed up the bosses on this game making grinding the Lephantis for example, too easy!! TOO EASY! 2 Ez ! Nerf!

I still want that refund for the Dynasty skin I bought for Chroma!

Bro, stop whining. It's annoying. 

Am ‎02‎.‎04‎.‎2018 um 10:39 schrieb TKDancer:

the issue is DE not addressing how many abilities are worthless in eidolon hunts, creating a bad and toxic "meta"may be, they better revert this change along with good changes

Yep, by making the Eidolons completely immune to both CC and Warframe damage abilities they of course also made warframes that can neither buff weapon damage nor help to keep the team alive completely redundant.

----------------------------------

Edit: And yeah Chroma has a problem right now, which is that after the nerfs he is basically an inferior and way more limited Rhino since 2 out of 4 abilities in his kit are more or less useless.

Edited by ----Fenrir----