Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

"Ember is useless now!!! D:" Actually no, she isn't.

Maka.Bones

9 hours ago, Walkampf said:

goes against Embers purpose of dealing damage.

While I do think ember should be a damage dealer if you look at her description "Ember can super-heat the air which opens up surprising crowd-control possibilities."

The quote was taken from the wiki of non primed ember.

10 hours ago, Darkduprey said:

THIS!

I personnally never have the sensation to be stucked in any sort of grind will playing Warframe.

Honnestly, I can't even understand why people feel THAT of a need to min/max anything in this particular game.

I'm playing the frames and the weapons I take pleasure to play with, and i've almost never been in a situation where I was forced to spam a mission to do something. I always have all the necessary ressources to build anything I want to build and I level up my stuff mostly by taking them in anything I do unless it's a mission that require my "full power", i.e I take them for alerts, easy/medium fissures, syndicat mission, lore mission, etc...

And guess what?

Well, My "leveling speed" is clearly enough to satisfy me.

I'm surely not the best player around here, but i'm currently MR14, all star map cleared, all Trials cleared a long time ago, and Sorties cleared every day without problem.

I still have to try the Eidolon Hunting, but by now, I can't understand why the hell peoples are speaking about "speeding up grinding". I personnaly rather take 3 hours to farm something with fun gameplay than 2 hours with boring BS like the old Ember WoF.

And unlike some peoples like to claim, the amount of necessary grind in Warframe is definitely NOT high. Try something like Path of Exile or even Diablo, then came back to speak about what a real grind is.

People choose efficient farming because most missions are boring.

Ever since i got my mods maxed most missions are nothing more than a snore fest. Most fun a i had was in 30 minute or longer survivals but those are damm hard to find anymore and we dont have nodes with lv60 starting levels.

Going to a node for atleast 10 times to get a necesseary material to build something burns people out especially if the mission is as casual as it can get. Going over 50 defection runs to get a wf part moves people to get min-maxed equipment for the job if they dont want to burn out.

I too use weapons and frames i like but farming is mindnumbing, the missions are all the same and the enemies dont pose any challange. Im mr20 and dont have anything to do with all this gear. In my boredom i go to the simalurcum and test random pointless build ideas, last time i made a build with harrow what efficiently pushes down fps by atleast 30, great for messing up some guys computer.

Ember at the moment is a really  good Fire damage buffer, Her 1st, 2nd and 3rd abilities combined can add a lot of Fire damage to  the squad. That leaves her WoF.....a now completely pointless ability. I would love to see they return the overheat mechanic back to ember (combine it with her 4th) so that she can  be. ..a nice frame to  play.

14 hours ago, Maka.Bones said:

She's a little bit more annoying to play now, as the difficulty of energy management and reduced survivability has increased. However, she's still really strong for low-mid lvl content. Though she kinda sucks a little more, against enemies past lvl 80. Which is making me frustrated AF; trying to find a different build that feels fluid (overextended helps pure firequake builds, but I actually wanted to kill things with fire damage).

Actually, her afk setup has even been buffed. Think about it, they doubled the base damage, just at higher energy right? So build for 175% power str, add growing power, equibrium, and use stretch/auger reach.

8ba28df9f3.jpg

Personally, I prefer equilibrium over auger reach (or streamline). But i'm posting this build, so people can see it for themselves. 

Honestly, not much has changed. The meme build still exists... it just looks different than before. I wish DE would actually rework her kit, rather than tweak her existing one. 

This guy said it better:

de40f86e45.png

Sir, damage is only meaningful if it actually affects the enemy. Someone proves that even Overextended is a quite useful idea on the low level. And Ember was already outmatched by Equinox on low level missions. Well, actually, everything is dying out so easily on the low levels, but is it really a point? Not really. The point is using Embers on high tiered star chart or sortie, which DE almost removes the possibility.

Also, even before the grave nerf it is not an option to throw away ability efficiency, but what's the point on 100% efficiency in the era of double amount of upkeeping cost while still think about to use World on Fire?

Well, actually, you can make use of Fireball well. It makes good damage and area denials, only requires ability strength to increase both damage output AND area of effect. But, hey, Ember is now have the competition with the weapons, NOT another warframes, meaning that you can simply take a warframe and area of effect weapons that must be easier than casting Fireball and also enjoy the warframes' ability, rather than stick with a launcher weapon and nothing else.

11 hours ago, DroopingPuppy said:

Sir, damage is only meaningful if it actually affects the enemy. Someone proves that even Overextended is a quite useful idea on the low level. And Ember was already outmatched by Equinox on low level missions. Well, actually, everything is dying out so easily on the low levels, but is it really a point? Not really. The point is using Embers on high tiered star chart or sortie, which DE almost removes the possibility.

Also, even before the grave nerf it is not an option to throw away ability efficiency, but what's the point on 100% efficiency in the era of double amount of upkeeping cost while still think about to use World on Fire?

Well, actually, you can make use of Fireball well. It makes good damage and area denials, only requires ability strength to increase both damage output AND area of effect. But, hey, Ember is now have the competition with the weapons, NOT another warframes, meaning that you can simply take a warframe and area of effect weapons that must be easier than casting Fireball and also enjoy the warframes' ability, rather than stick with a launcher weapon and nothing else.

1) you don't need to quote my entire post, to comment

2) if you'd read my post, you'd see that I agree with you. I'm mostly making this post so that DE sees that not much changed (she's just a little more annoying to play now)

3) I've had friends play her in sorties without much trouble (though I haven't tried it myself yet) and they dealt top damage

(I think that last point means that most players who aren't able to use her at higher lvls, just need to not suck... Myself included)

I'll admit that I'm spoiled, and a lot of other warframes are much easier to use instead... Which makes ember a pain to use. 

Edited by Maka.Bones