Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma is Too Expensive

Mr.SpookSpook

Compared to Potatoes and Exilus Adapters Forma is too damn expensive, takes too much time to acquire. 
Potatoes cost 20p 
Exilus costs 20p
Formas cost 20p!

Everything needs only 1 Potato, warframes need only 1 Exilus. However...

Most warframes, weapons, archwings, companions need 2-8 formas for a proper build.
Most Dojo weapons require a Forma to build. Greater lenses require Forma. Exilus Adapters require 2 Formas. Forma this, Forma that, forma thisandthat.
Forma blueprints come from void fissures only and they take 24hours to build. It is incredibly annoying that I have to wait a whole day for every piece.
Pretty much the only other sources are reinforced containers which spawn very rarely and there is minimal chance for finding them. Then it is rng if you even get a Forma from them. Not even worth farming.

This does not seem right. 
I wonder if anyone in their right mind would pay 20 plat for a Forma..

Forma should cost 10plat/piece max and crafting time should be reduced to 12 hours.

5 minutes ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

Compared to Potatoes and Exilus Adapters Forma is too damn expensive, takes too much time to acquire. 
Potatoes cost 20p 
Exilus costs 20p
Formas cost 20p!

Most warframes, weapons, archwings, companions need 2-8 formas for a proper build.
Most Dojo weapons require a Forma to build. Greater lenses require Forma. Exilus Adapters require 2 Formas. Forma this, Forma that, forma thisandthat.
Forma blueprints come from void fissures only and they take 24hours to build. It is incredibly annoying that I have to wait a whole day for every piece.
Pretty much the only other sources are reinforced containers which spawn very rarely and there is minimal chance for finding them. Then it is rng if you even get a Forma from them. Not even worth farming.

Forma should cost 10plat/piece max and crafting time should be reduced to 12 hours.

there is bundle, 3 for 35 plat,

is farmable, some relics drop them, common drop.

and yes that 24 hours per forma is nonsense.

hace 9 minutos, Mr.SpookSpook dijo:

Potatoes cost 20p 
Exilus costs 20p
Formas cost 20p!

You can buy the bundle and it cost you almost 10 pl/piece .... so , next time you can search before cry at least .

hace 1 minuto, Mr.SpookSpook dijo:

And that still justifies a 24h crafting time, right?

Yep , because you have an alternative ... You can wait or pay (if you craft a forma a day , you rarely will need to buy any unless you are forma all the weapons in the game xD .... of course people only remember start crafting it when they need so that its their problem ) .

15 minutes ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

And that still justifies a 24h crafting time, right?

IMO Warframe has a very fair F2P mechanic, wait or pay. For the most part they don't ask you to wait an exorbitant amount of time for things. Tho it can feel a bit daunting at first but stick with it and in short order they will start to pile up.  

That said there is always the alternative, just pony up the plat. 

As a pretty new player (8 weeks, Mr 20) i ll buy at least one 3 forma package a day, if not more. I mean, thats how you enjoy the game , or at least me. Build weapon and if want to test or   just playing around with a weapon i need some forma to get a minimal standard of power , otherwise a compare would not be that good.

I own essentially all the weapons in the game and have been formaing them all since I started, yes forma cost you money buy guess what? It is intended. Either you pay in time or pay in cash which I do both.

I always have forma building and sometimes I get too impatient wanting a build and I'll buy them in packs which I do without much care as I am supporting the game I love.

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Chris_Robet said:

Sorties and Simaris. You can also farm them by farming for thing to sell via plat.

Sorties are once per day and potatoes/exilus are rare drops, simaris has a standing cap and that's just to buy the blueprint. Farming for Plat doesn't count because then technically everything is farm able. 

Edited by Miser_able

1 minute ago, (PS4)Chris_Robet said:

Uhhhhhhhhh do I have to explain further?

Okay then. Fine. Every item in every game ever made is farmable, because I can grind away at work to make money, and then spend that money to buy the item. No. You know what that is? That's called Pay To Win. We don't want that. 

warframe gives you the option to either pay or farm the item that you want
I personally lose to DE and bought Harrow from the store with the platinum that I farmed
You'll eventually get to the point where you have dozens of forma and potatoes where you don't even care about it anymore
and yes Warframe is a Free To Play from the start

9 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

Okay then. Fine. Every item in every game ever made is farmable, because I can grind away at work to make money, and then spend that money to buy the item. No. You know what that is? That's called Pay To Win. We don't want that. 

No it's called pay to progress faster which works incredibly well in a game like this. You can start the forma then while you're waiting grind for prime parts, kuva to get better rivens to sell, mods, endo to max out primed mods you bought off baro with the junk you couldn't sell, primed junk in quantities of 5 for 5p before every baro visit, grind standing for syndicates to sell mods or weapons, taxiing people who offer plat for it (actually don't take advantage of people like that just taxi them where they want to go), running raids for arcanes, crying because raids are being taken out, dueling for plat, farming PoE for resources to make supplies to sell, almost everything you can do in this game can net you platinum if you're smart about it. Plan ahead and take advantage of opportunities to make even a single platinum seeing as it all adds up.

Edited by (PS4)Chris_Robet

hace 31 minutos, Miser_able dijo:

Nop , its not call pay to win ... because you dont need to put a single $ to farm Pl O.o  .

25 minutes ago, Yagamilight123 said:

Nop , its not call pay to win ... because you dont need to put a single $ to farm Pl O.o  .

Somebody did. Plat doesn't just materialize out of thin air. Sure you yourself didn't have to buy it, but your still having to rely on someone spending real money. 

3 minutes ago, Miser_able said:

Somebody did. Plat doesn't just materialize out of thin air. Sure you yourself didn't have to buy it, but your still having to rely on someone spending real money. 

Great and as long as people enjoy the game they will put in money. So the game is not pay to win it is supported by those who want to. Stop with that argument right now as it holds no ground and people who use it annoy me.

Edited by (PS4)Chris_Robet

hace 9 minutos, Miser_able dijo:

If in the past someone need to bught pl or in the futuro someone will need to buy , i dont care (that pl is from the people that dont want to wait anyway) ....  at this moment and in the near future, you dont need to .