Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma is Too Expensive

Mr.SpookSpook

1 hour ago, Miser_able said:

Okay then. Fine. Every item in every game ever made is farmable, because I can grind away at work to make money, and then spend that money to buy the item. No. You know what that is? That's called Pay To Win. We don't want that. 

Preach. It would be nice if forma prices lower. Less use of orokin cells. And that 24hr wait is god-awful. 

1 hour ago, Miser_able said:

Somebody did. Plat doesn't just materialize out of thin air. Sure you yourself didn't have to buy it, but your still having to rely on someone spending real money. 

That's not pay to win, that's, erm, 'somebody else paid for you to win' -SEPFY2W - admittedly not as catchy an acronym as P2W, sorry!

I agree forma (formii, formae?) too expensive. Now that we can choose prime parts at the end of fissures, I've seen my supply dwindle. Ember Prime BP or forma BP? 

I'd be happy if they'd cut the rush cost in half and/or award fully crafted forma in fissures. Those bundles are great but eat away at your plat.

Also, affinity boosters can't be paused until you get more forma. So I end up spending on bundles whenever I get one and usually end up wasting most of the booster time because I've run out of the darn things.

2 minutes ago, (PS4)supernova_girlie said:

I agree forma (formii, formae?) too expensive. Now that we can choose prime parts at the end of fissures, I've seen my supply dwindle. Ember Prime BP or forma BP? 

I'd be happy if they'd cut the rush cost in half and/or award fully crafted forma in fissures. Those bundles are great but eat away at your plat.

Also, affinity boosters can't be paused until you get more forma. So I end up spending on bundles whenever I get one and usually end up wasting most of the booster time because I've run out of the darn things.

I'd hold back from using affinity boosters until you've gathered a few formas and have several stuff to level up (unless you got the sortie booster reward lol).

9 hours ago, Maicael said:

As mentioned above, as long as you remember to craft them they will begin piling up. Unless you're logging in multiple times a day just a few hours apart, then most of that crafting time is when you're offline anyway.

Reveal hidden contents

IcuqkRo.jpg?1

Although I don't think they are too expensive, nor take too long to craft given for a F2P game, depending on your use they will not "pile up".

I have over 800 formas on weapons and warframes - and thats not counting the hundred+ I've put into the dojo rooms etc. If I always have one in the building in the foundry, it will be some time before they start "piling up" for me.

I only have 500 days logged in so I'm net short 300+ formas (again not counting dojo research - which is is only partly offset by the fully built formas I find here and there in rare containers.

10 hours ago, Mr.SpookSpook said:

Formas cost 20p!

This is why you build them and not buy them.

Also, they do go on sale from time to time Just sayin'...

Forma blueprints come from void fissures only and they take 24hours to build. It is incredibly annoying that I have to wait a whole day for every piece.

Forma that now come from fissure missions are trivial to get (some of us remember the Great Forma Famine with fear and loathing) and the time to build is totally immaterial. Build them when you get them, then you have them when you need them. 

Of course, when you find yourself in that position you can call yourself a veteran player. Newer players do struggle a bit, but that's what goals are made of and you can't have everything yesterday. 

Compared to Potatoes and Exilus Adapters Forma is too damn expensive, takes too much time to acquire. 
Potatoes cost 20p 
Exilus costs 20p
Formas cost 20p!

Everything needs only 1 Potato, warframes need only 1 Exilus. However...

Most warframes, weapons, archwings, companions need 2-8 formas for a proper build.
Most Dojo weapons require a Forma to build. Greater lenses require Forma. Exilus Adapters require 2 Formas. Forma this, Forma that, forma thisandthat.
Forma blueprints come from void fissures only and they take 24hours to build. It is incredibly annoying that I have to wait a whole day for every piece.
Pretty much the only other sources are reinforced containers which spawn very rarely and there is minimal chance for finding them. Then it is rng if you even get a Forma from them. Not even worth farming.

This does not seem right. 
I wonder if anyone in their right mind would pay 20 plat for a Forma..

Forma should cost 10plat/piece max and crafting time should be reduced to 12 hours.

As someone who has spent almost 6k plat on forma since the 2x affinity weekend came about, I strongly disagree lol.

On 2/11/2018 at 9:44 PM, Mr.SpookSpook said:

Compared to Potatoes and Exilus Adapters Forma is too damn expensive, takes too much time to acquire. 
Potatoes cost 20p 
Exilus costs 20p
Formas cost 20p!

Everything needs only 1 Potato, warframes need only 1 Exilus. However...

Most warframes, weapons, archwings, companions need 2-8 formas for a proper build.
Most Dojo weapons require a Forma to build. Greater lenses require Forma. Exilus Adapters require 2 Formas. Forma this, Forma that, forma thisandthat.
Pretty much the only other sources are reinforced containers which spawn very rarely and there is minimal chance for finding them. Then it is rng if you even get a Forma from them. Not even worth farming.

This does not seem right. 
I wonder if anyone in their right mind would pay 20 plat for a Forma..

Forma should cost 10plat/piece max and crafting time should be reduced to 12 hours.

Just buy the forma bundle 35p good deal

@Mr.SpookSpook Remember that the game is free. so DE has to somehow get us to waste platinum (either you buy it or trade for platinum someone bought at some point) so 20p for forma is completely normal. as many mentioned buy a bundle. it'll cost you just above 10p for each. as for crafting time of 24 hour that is also justified. If you havent noticed outside of common expendable items such as resource crafting/consumables etc everything else has crafting time for usually 12-24 hours or more. That ensures players have a reason ot get online each day and also not burn out through game content too fast (as for why not 12h). 

Exilus adaptor is worse than the forma because if you want to build one you need 2 forma. Forma is pretty common material and the bundle is fair so you can get 3 relatively cheap if you can afford it. Exilus adaptor building time is 72 hour roughly if you count the formas building time so it is much easier to buy and these items not too hard to get. I am buying these items instead of farming them but if I get one or two then good for me. 

As has been already mentioned, around 12p each if you purchase the bundle. There's almost no reason to buy an individual forma due to how frequently they're used if that's the route you're taking.

The real atrocity is the 24-hour construction time. Why hasn't this been lowered to something more reasonable like 12 hours given Forma's very high potential frequency of use? Because the thought of having to wait 24 hours is more likely to entice impatient players into spending platinum to buy the bundle instead. And make no mistake, that bundle is one of the in-game market's best sellers.

So what's the bottom line? The bottom line is that if you're reading this, DE, please do go on ahead and run full-sprint into the nearest telephone pole in retribution for this 24-hour construction nonsense.

Edited by Kiryuin-Satsuki