Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Octavia's quest - Can't interact with the Hydraulus

JonnyOptimus

I just watched a YouTube video of someone doing this quest. On theirs there were 2 sentients guardian the Hydraulus and they attacked on sight. 

On mine there was only one and it was shooting some kind of laser at the hydraulus. It doesn't attack me when I attack it. 

I've tried 3 times now with the same result. I've tried with Chroma and Ash. 

Someone discovered this workaround: do not engage any of the stationary Sentients -- just walk past them. Fight the ones in the hallway outside the Hydraulus, then after the necessary dialogue, the others should attack. You might have to run all the way back to the start point to kill the one that's floating there, but it does work  -- I was able to progress. 

I got  a reply back from my ticket : 

It is most likely that your game data is corrupted or missing files. In order to correct please open up the launcher and click the little gear in the upper right corner. In the upper right of the settings menu click the Verify button in the Download Cache section and let it run to completion.

Hopefully that fixes it for you, let us know if you are still having problems with this!

This fixed the problem for me. 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Ham_Grenabe:

Someone discovered this workaround: do not engage any of the stationary Sentients -- just walk past them. Fight the ones in the hallway outside the Hydraulus, then after the necessary dialogue, the others should attack. You might have to run all the way back to the start point to kill the one that's floating there, but it does work  -- I was able to progress. 

This. I tried this on a hunch today and it works. 

Ignore the FIRST sentient you encounter shortly after landing. He ignored me as well. Continue to the TWO sentients, let them talk until teh dialog is concluded, then kill them and whatever else spawns. (Hint: use the operator)

Sadly I didn't remember to save any log files before my 3 resets. But ignoring the first sentient was my solution.

It's not a Data verification problem, It may be a region specific problem but I believe this is on DE's end, I spent literally 3 hours farming in this mission before finding out the hydraulis was bugged at the end and there was nothing I could do. Highly disappointed in the waste of user time and the inefficient ineffective way DE has handled the problem by blaming it on the end users download cache being corrupted.. 

Poor business form from a company I respect so much otherwise for what it has done with this game.

Yes I verified my cache before trying this mission, no it still didn't work and I had to use the workaround listed above. I'd really like something for my lost time and farmed items though.

Additional: At the stage where you go to do the Simaris portion of this event inside Suda's Virtual Environment can make it to the third ring in, after activating all notes (pale yellow orbs) and deactivating discordant (red) notes Ordis continues to yell at me to remove the discordant notes and the quest does not move into the next section as it is meant to.

Secondary additional, it appears the bugs for the final portion of the quest line was a one off, though still extremely frustrating - The workaround above does work for the other stuff.

This has been extremely time consuming and frustrating.

Edited by Tzimisce-The-Bonedicer
Additional information

7 hours ago, Ham_Grenabe said:

Thanks! I'll try this after work.

On 2/12/2018 at 4:54 AM, Ham_Grenabe said:

It worked! Thanks!!