Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas Rework is Good, But I Have Some Suggestions

Tendou_Souji

Atlas & Rubble Feedback + Suggestions

The addition of rubble is perhaps one of the coolest mechanics you could have added for Atlas; however, I feel that some changes should be considered.  It was to my understanding that Tectonics were eligible for creating rubble on destruction/ conversion to a boulder, but it seems that this idea didn't make a pass with his new mechanic.  On another note, there doesn't really feel an incentive for players to want to cast petrify on a rock bulwark just for the benefit of increased damage, repair, and roll speed.  This eats up energy that could be used for petrifying enemies which are your primary rubble source.  Rumbler rubble drops don't feel as significant as collecting rubble from enemies, especially when you consider the amount of health left when Rumblers expire.

On that note, I'd like to address the decay of Rubble.  As of now, the 10 rubble decay per second is a little to high, especially when you take this into account of team based play.  In solo play, I was usually able to get up to 250 armor from my collected resources, but having it decline so fast especially when you're low on energy really hurts Atlas' survivability.  Health gains from rubble seem so lackluster that half of the time I won't be able to heal up enough to get the benefit of additional armor, especially in high level missions like Kuva Floods.

Here are some suggestions I'd like to give:

1.Decrease the decay of rubble by 2-5 per second. 

2. Allow rubble to be generated from Tectonics upon destruction or conversion to a boulder; give additional rubble on a bulwark/boulder affected by petrify.

3.  Increase health gained from rubble by a small/medium amount, or give it a slow health regeneration effect stacking with rubble gained.

4. Allow Rumblers to scale off the amount of rubble collected + power strength.    Rumblers are rather tanky, but their speed and damage output start to fall in higher level content.  Allowing us to higher scale the Rumblers based off of rubble collected would allow for another usage of this resource meter other than additional armor.  (Maybe casting Rumblers would consume rubble instead of energy similar to Nidus in function.)

Edited by Tendou_Souji
Rubble decay reduced; Thanks, DE :D