Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr Retune

pisces13

Alright, initially when I tested Zephyr, I learned her skills are now mainly duration based which is fine. Her skills never did a lot of damage. With 200% power strength tailwind and airburst skill does about 2k damage without taking armor into effect. That's pretty trash. Anyway the point of the post is to fine tune zephyr and give her a niche no other frame can perform.

Change to tailwind: 

1. The current tailwind is good, however, the hover function needs to scale with duration. The length of time holding the charge button should dictate the height zephyr jumps.

2. I think everyone loves the speed of the new tailwind so that should not be touched. There is a issue with tailwind momentum and animation lock in smaller tile sets. I reccomend 1st press of tailwind engage a dash as it does now, 2nd press while tailwind is engaged brings zephyr into hover state at the cost of no energy, 3rd press engages dash again. This will allow zephyr to be unique in her own way, differentiating from titania.

3. Hover state resets double jump and bulletjump. The immobility of hover should be canceled by any form of jumping.

Change to Airburst:

1. Airburst is a decent cc ability. The flight speed needs to be increased. Casting Airburst with turbulence activated needs to reduce the energy cost of airburst. 

2. There is a bug that the size of tornadoes do not increase when hit with airburst. Throwing airburst into tornadoes is a huge waste of energy and completely unnecessary.

Change to turbulence:

1. Don't kill me. I know most people say "do not touch turbulence!" Turbulence needs to redirect all hitscan weapons as it does energy weapons. I notice zephyr takes damage when enemies are firing at another target such as sentinal or pets. Somehow bullets are redirected straight to zephyr when turbulence is activated. That's the only explanation I can think of when bullets hit zephyr with turbulence activated.

2. Turbulence should atleast increase dmg by 25 or 50% or stagger enemies that wander too close.

Changes to tornado:

1. Tornadoes are still unreliable. The movement speed needs to be increased. Aiming down sights should move tornadoes at a quicker rate to targeted spot.

2. Crit should apply to tornadoes. It doesnt make sense not to.

3. Tornadoes should wander in a set vicinity. 

4. Remove airburst to increase size of tornado. Shooting or meleeing tornado should increase the size and pull distance.

I feel these changes will improve zephyr's presence and fullfil the player base expectations of what she is supposed to be.

Most recent hotfix has made airburst travel faster, fixed them not increasing tornado size, and increased tornado speed towards your reticule.

Turbulence has always been strange in that if you're not the target of attacks, you are struck. Probably something in the way it is calculated, making it so when an enemy shoots at you specifically it is deflected. However, if you are simply in the raycast/cone of fire of an enemy shooting at something behind you, it avoids that calculation and you are struck normally. Doesn't seem intentional, but if that's the case then there may be some underlying mechanics that would have to be redesigned to make Turbulence act as it should in that condition.

As for making Airburst not increase tornado size and using weapons, I believe it's good they keep that limited to an Ability. Sure, it would be nice to max out tornado size with a few swings of that nasty Atterax, but if I recall correctly the larger the tornadoes are, the slower they travel. Thus, you would accidentally make your tornadoes slow unintentionally with no way to reverse until recasting. Keeping that under Airburst prevents you from doing so accidentally.

Edited by Teksorbkyva