Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why did Limbo survive the "squad enjoyment patch"?

IceFire909

Banshee was altered to not wipe hydron in 5 seconds. Ember was altered to make low level missions not be parkour simulators. Why is Limbo still allowed to stasis massive areas, preventing his team from shooting weapons?

Sure, you could just melee things. But I bring my Zarr and Sonicor along on missions to shoot them, not to either leave them unused because a Limbo is freezing everything in a 60m radius or forcibly break his stasis causing him to chuck a hissy fit over it. If you're gonna keep stasis in as an ability, why not allow allies to still use guns inside a stasis cataclysm? If Limbo wants to play JoJo Simulator then that's his prerogative, but he shouldn't also be forcing that on to his allies.

DE, please either let Limbo allies shoot while under stasis effect, or give Ember and Banshee their killing fields back. Don't leave us with half squad fun & half squad unfun.

Edited by IceFire909

I was thinking about this the other day. Personally I'm fine with stasis (being forced to melee enemies)... but it is really annoying in a defence or something when Limbo has one stasis'd enemy sitting there and won't allow anybody into the rift. Sure...if you had energy you could kill it...but not every frame has damaging attacks capable of dealing with whatever the enemy is.

Edited by ClockworkArc

1 hour ago, IceFire909 said:

Banshee was altered to not wipe hydron in 5 seconds. Ember was altered to make low level missions not be parkour simulators. Why is Limbo still allowed to stasis massive areas, preventing his team from shooting weapons?

Sure, you could just melee things. But I bring my Zarr and Sonicor along on missions to shoot them, not to either leave them unused because a Limbo is freezing everything in a 60m radius or forcibly break his stasis causing him to chuck a hissy fit over it. If you're gonna keep stasis in as an ability, why not allow allies to still use guns inside a stasis cataclysm? If Limbo wants to play JoJo Simulator then that's his prerogative, but he shouldn't also be forcing that on to his allies.

DE, please either let Limbo allies shoot while under stasis effect, or give Ember and Banshee their killing fields back. Don't leave us with half squad fun & half squad unfun.

Dont forget that a surge Limbo can deny using all weapons including melees.

1 hour ago, Whooohooo said:

only thing i don't like in stasis is... bullet fire one by one after it expired..

i need to be like ... u freeze thing... circle around while spray bullet at them... disable catasis and they go down like a leaf...

I remember setting up a bunch of bullets with the supra against a butcher in boredom only to see him walk out of the fire once statis gone off.

I was like:

latest?cb=20120321160942

2 hours ago, IceFire909 said:

Yep, now she can Wipe it in 3 if you use Natural talent to make the animation faster because now she does all the damage in a single damn wave, be was transformed into a sonic nuke :v

Edited by -BRM-MetalGarurumonX

As a major Limbo player, I insist he be reworked with squad enjoyment in mind.

I feel like freakin' Superman when I play him, because I constantly have to hold back when people are around with the risk of going god-mode on everything. He's amazing as is, solo, but this isn't a solo game. Even on my 'squad' build I still have to constantly double check every action I take, and even then it doesn't matter because you can't always predict what your teammates want to do or how they want to play. 

On the plains I banished the rescue objective to keep it safe, except my teammate (the host) bullet jumped up to the drone right as I cast my power. Unfortunately it's not a single target ability anymore so he was within it's cone range (despite my -range build for squads). He immediately screamed "STOP BANISHING ME!!!" and quit the team...which migrated everyone and bugged out the objective so we all had to leave anyway. Using his powers, entirely as intended for the sake of the mission still provokes toxic responses...

My thoughts-

His passive should extend to his nearby allies, allowing them to dodge in and out of the rift at will. Make the rift and affected enemies/players distinctly visible, without the headache inducing pain of the current one.

His Banish should go back to single target, with Rift Surge acting like a cosmic plague there's no reason for his 1 to also be AoE.

Make Stasis an instant cast rather than a toggle that "flash freezes" all enemies in the rift at the moment of cast. This lasts for a duration, but does not affect projectiles in the rift or enemies that enter after it's cast unless it's cast again. Enemies break free after receiving more than (x)% of their health in a given time frame, allowing players to instantly pick off weaker enemies as normal, but harder enemies have the opportunity to break free rather than be frozen for 6 minutes while you chip away at their health without having to recast Stasis.

Rift Surge and Cataclysm I think would be fine as is with the other changes. Otherwise, most likely interaction with the rift itself would have to be overhauled, allowing players to interact in between planes. Perhaps change Rift Surge to an AoE ally buff that allows players around you to affect enemies regardless of plane while receiving reduced damage from enemies on the opposite plane.

32 minutes ago, (PS4)Riko_113 said:

His passive should extend to his nearby allies, allowing them to dodge in and out of the rift at will.

They can already get out of the rift at will, by rolling.

While allowing to roll into the rift would make rift surge more team friendly, considering how many players scream when they get hit while Limbo banishes rescue target, how confused do you think they would be, if they suddenly ended in the rift without seeing Limbo?

2 hours ago, trndr said:

They can already get out of the rift at will, by rolling.

While allowing to roll into the rift would make rift surge more team friendly, considering how many players scream when they get hit while Limbo banishes rescue target, how confused do you think they would be, if they suddenly ended in the rift without seeing Limbo?

They can get out, but not in at will.

The ability for them to dodge in to the rift at will when nearby Limbo will resolve most of the issues of players being on the wrong plane every other enemy...

There will still need to be learning curve for new players because rift mechanics are complicated, a tooltip could pop up briefly when entering the rift for the first time each mission if necessary. Getting rid of Limbo is not an option, and neither is leaving him the same. Something has to change...I'm just giving suggestions until someone comes up with something better.