Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fenrir

Okamibanshu88

So some of yall might remember me, especially after this post :D, I've been gone a while, seen so many new frames come out and...well, i gotta try again, time for the Feral Warframe :D

Fenrir: An old prototype of a warframe, designed to be used by a person allow them to mimic and utilize the animalistic and powerful nature of a wild best, specifically designed to look like the ancient creatures of earth known as Wolves

Sadly, i do not know as much about the new lore as i would like, sooo this is a rough work around a tenno who never got their chance to get a warframe :P Not sure how that would fit with teh new operators, still trying to unlock the quest on ps4, did it to long ago to remember it from pc, no spoilers! :D

I don't do health and shields very well so i've been told, so i'm picturing a high speed/low armor type frame ^_^ kinda like a nova build for shields/health/armor

Abilities:

1: Rend: Lunge forward ripping Fenrir's claws into an enemy causing a bleed effect on an enemy. Rend lunges through enemies and can hit multiple enemies, loosing effectiveness the further/more enemies, it hits.

2: Mark of the Hunted: Fenrir howls striking fear into the hearts of his prey, sending them running and allowing for back-stabs/assassinations. Fleeing enemies will have a 25-35% chance to return fire/break fear, this changes for 'larger' or mini boss type monsters obviously.

3: Frenzy: This ability cannot be activated with energy, instead, its charged by kills. Every kill fills up a meter, shown by Fenrir's health bar, once full, the icon will pulse allowing Fenrir at any time, to enter Frenzy state. During this state, Fenrir cannot use weapons and gains a 5% melee damage bonus, a 5% speed bonus and 10% bonus to armor. Kills while in blood-lust extend its duration with mitigating returns.

4: Alternate: Ragnarok: Fenrir howls and grows in size granting him enhanced health, melee damage, armor, and speed. While in this state, Fenrir can heal by 'devouring' enemies granting him energy and extending the effect, with mitigating returns. *Note: Entering Ragnarok while inside of Frenzy, causes a Frenzy Ragnarok event to occur. While no extra time can be granted, it gives Ragnarok a bonus to all existing stats, in effect, 'buffing' his ultimate.

Weapons: Obviously if this is a feral frame, you couldn't exactly have normal guns. My original concept years ago were shoulder mounted weapons. Left shoulder for secondary, right for primary. Each shoulder would either have a shoulder mounted weapon, changing size/shape depending on the weapon, and same for the left weapon, obviously the left weapon would almost always be smaller. That being said i had two ideas for melee. either one, go whole Metal Gear D-dog and have the frame wield the melee weapon in its mouth, which i think would be full on ninja dog, or equipped weapons apply effects to the frames claws. I had a concept of each claw being its own 'melee weapon' but *shrugs* that would require unique mods to make ti work, not really worth the time and effort i think.  Lastly, the droid/kubro/cat-thing. I think that having them along side you would be great, but as for the sentinels, i think it would be better to have a location on the frames back, probably around the middle or something, where the sentinel sits attached. Still has its range of movement but its stationary over the frames back. 

Update: Fixed name, think i got them all, added in weapon description, removed description, altered ability name

Edited by Okamibanshu88
removed description and changed an ability name

23 minutes ago, (Xbox One)SageCREEPER1310 said:

THe Tenno were pretty much made for the Warframes.. so backstory -1, but otherwise the frame is great!

Ummm...NO! After the Zariman discovery (kids with powers) Orokin discovered the transference, the way of linking Tenno with the golems (now called Warframes.) they previously couldn't control. TLDR : Warframes were golems out of control, and that's it. There were no Warframes for Tenno.   

And for the OP: Good idea!

Edited by Omni_Owm

wait...i did? whoops :D i'll edit to fix the name lol. it was suppose to be Fenrir my bad. As to concept wise, i'm so lost on the lore. they talk about ember being burned etc, which references the fact that people ARE inside the suit, so i have no idea since they intro'd the kids. however, if they are golems, then my idea works even better :D especially if its all 'mind' controlled and such. i just REALLY want a feral warframe :P i think it would be awesome to play. 

5 hours ago, Okamibanshu88 said:

wait...i did? whoops :D i'll edit to fix the name lol. it was suppose to be Fenrir my bad. As to concept wise, i'm so lost on the lore. they talk about ember being burned etc, which references the fact that people ARE inside the suit, so i have no idea since they intro'd the kids. however, if they are golems, then my idea works even better :D especially if its all 'mind' controlled and such. i just REALLY want a feral warframe :P i think it would be awesome to play. 

It could be warframes version of the boy or girl raised by wolves!!! Just so happened to be a tenno raised by kubrows!

Edited by (PS4)Ghost--00--

i dunno, personally i think it wouldn't be a stretch to appropriate the same, though less horrible, tech from alad v and the other bi-pedal bots the corpus and such use. i mean we already have a Kubro, NO tenno looked at it and went "hmm...ya know, i wonder what would happen if we built one of those" honestly, i'd even be ok with a sentinel kubro or cat thing :P that would be cool to. i'm just against the whole micro manage yoru pet in game, i have dogs in real life i sometimes forget about, like heck ima be able to keep a virtual one alive ><

um...i should mention i dont' live alone :D so my doggies dont' get ignored, they always good food and water :P dont' worry dog peeps, their good.

Edited by Okamibanshu88
added something

This frame idea is a little all over the place, I'm not quite sure what it's role is honestly. Though I will admit I do very much want a wolf themed frame with the name fenrir, this concept isn't quite what the game needs. I'd recommend almost reworking all abilities with a clear set role for the frame in mind, correcting grammar and spelling, and redoing the lore of the frame (it doesn't work with the current information we have in game about lore).

4 hours ago, (PS4)Ghost--00-- said:

So glad you said that because I was cooking up a storm. Man I got so heated.....

lol i don't doubt it :D.

On 2/14/2018 at 12:46 PM, (Xbox One)AxRollxOfxTape said:

This frame idea is a little all over the place, I'm not quite sure what it's role is honestly. Though I will admit I do very much want a wolf themed frame with the name fenrir, this concept isn't quite what the game needs. I'd recommend almost reworking all abilities with a clear set role for the frame in mind, correcting grammar and spelling, and redoing the lore of the frame (it doesn't work with the current information we have in game about lore).

oh, i should mention, i apologize if i sounded defensive/upset, i'm asking seriously, how so? :D i need to be more clear, people can take the wrong meaning so easily from the typed word.

2 hours ago, Okamibanshu88 said:

lol i don't doubt it :D.

oh, i should mention, i apologize if i sounded defensive/upset, i'm asking seriously, how so? :D i need to be more clear, people can take the wrong meaning so easily from the typed word.

Well it's the I'm not sure what Fenrir suppose to do, like as it is right now it seems like he has dps, support, tankish crowd control and self buff, and a strange kill based stack system that is only used with a single ability, it all adds up to him having a Jack of all trades build but no real calling to a specific role. Personally I think it should be a stealth dps frame with clear inspirations from Loki, after all Fenrir is suppose to be the son of Loki right?

Lore wise this could work as well as a more finalized assassin frame that covers the dps area Loki lacked while not taking away from his utility based abilities.

22 hours ago, (Xbox One)AxRollxOfxTape said:

Well it's the I'm not sure what Fenrir suppose to do, like as it is right now it seems like he has dps, support, tankish crowd control and self buff, and a strange kill based stack system that is only used with a single ability, it all adds up to him having a Jack of all trades build but no real calling to a specific role. Personally I think it should be a stealth dps frame with clear inspirations from Loki, after all Fenrir is suppose to be the son of Loki right?

Lore wise this could work as well as a more finalized assassin frame that covers the dps area Loki lacked while not taking away from his utility based abilities.

well your right about him being the son of loki, but its not like fenrir could exactly be...stealthy. He WAS a giant freaking wolf :P but i see what you mean. i'd prefer him to be a more attack focus with self heal's and damage/defence buffs. thats what i was going for

On 17/02/2018 at 6:55 PM, Okamibanshu88 said:

well your right about him being the son of loki, but its not like fenrir could exactly be...stealthy. He WAS a giant freaking wolf :P but i see what you mean. i'd prefer him to be a more attack focus with self heal's and damage/defence buffs. thats what i was going for

Wolves are predictors and hunting is supposed to be kinda like a stealthy thing. Just because in old Norse mythology Fenrir was a huge wolf oesn't mean you can't tweak things to make it work more so in the game. And it's just as the concept it right it feels as if you're trying to reach and cover everything and takes away from him having a distinct role. It feels as if you're trying to make him the perfect dps solo frame which in a game like this, he needs a role that can work solo and can offer something to a team. 

there are many frames in the game that work pretty much solo and offer nothing to the team aside from damage. besides, i am thinking of reworking his abilities, just not sure what i should do to them currently. i wanna stay away from the typical 'team buff' skill as so many frames already have that.

6 hours ago, Okamibanshu88 said:

there are many frames in the game that work pretty much solo and offer nothing to the team aside from damage. besides, i am thinking of reworking his abilities, just not sure what i should do to them currently. i wanna stay away from the typical 'team buff' skill as so many frames already have that.

Those frames that you talk about offer mostly just high damage, they can't heal themselves and usually provide moderate buffs or crowd control. In a team, those frames bring high dps which is exactly what a well constructed team will need.

4 hours ago, (Xbox One)AxRollxOfxTape said:

Those frames that you talk about offer mostly just high damage, they can't heal themselves and usually provide moderate buffs or crowd control. In a team, those frames bring high dps which is exactly what a well constructed team will need.

Id rather this frame not be stealth based too lol, fenrir is not just a wolf, hes a God

• 3 months later...