Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CapAllan

Hydrolyst playing peekaboo

Forgive me for the black bars. Anyway, let me get right to the topic. We had taken the standard triple threat bounty and went out into the plains with a dream of successfully taking down all three eidolons while looking good at it. The Teralyst went down quite quickly. We kinda struggled with the lures while going up against the Gantulyst but even that went down without any major issues. Only one more Eidolon left and with about 20 minutes left on the clock, our chances of taking it down in time were looking good. We sacrificed our Radiant shards and the guy rises out of the water calling out all who dares to challenge its might. Aaand then it vanished. Yeah. Just like that. Poof. Looking around, I saw the thunderstorm going on at the horizon and I immediately ran over to find it over at the geyser lake. I cast some shields and began to take down his shields. Aaand then he vanished. Yet again. This time back at the big lake in the middle of the map with shields fully restored. We brought in fully charged lures but nothing helped. He'd attack us for 5 seconds and vanish. Jump up for half a second and then teleport to a random location with shields back up at 100%, The shards we sacrificed were lost and nothing else could be done but extract. And so we did. 

Things that could be improved apart from the obvious bug in this video : 

1) The ability to reclaim cores that were sacrificed. 

2) The massive flashbang at 1:40 in the video

3) The bug which prevents you from using your abilities if you were revived. The only way to fix that is by bleeding out and dying.

4) The bug where you cannot sacrifice the required shard

5) Hitbox on them new Eidolons. Even if there's room for my Granmu prism to travel while firing at the eidolon from below, it won't. It'll explode right in front of my dealing self-damage.

That run got us a few cores, Eidolon shards and like 2 Brilliant shards if my memory serves me right. Hope this gets fixed quite quickly.

PS : On a slightly unrelated note, I went out into the plains earlier today and I had a hard time finding deposits to mine. I roamed the entire map and I found 5 deposits in total and all of them were for ores. I checked some big caves, the grineer camp north of the windmill and a few other places which used to have a lot of deposits. I couldn't find any at those places. I left that session and returned a bit later only to be faced with the same issue all over again.

I was there, it was honestly infuriating and I may or may not have been slightly mad in the squad chat... 

Again, bugs can happen, but this is already  too much complicated by time gates, teamwork, good squad, matchmaking....

These fights are quite fun to be honest and killing Eidolons is quite satisfying, but I guess it also comes with a lot of frustration when things don't go the way they're supposed to due to bugs and such. 

Seems like he can't step on land for some reason. Other than that, that's an honestly annoying bug.