The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buff The Grakata

Kirby47

I decided to craft the Grakata because it seemed like a good weapon with the fire rate, but after using it a bit, I realized that it does a bit more than a third of the Gorgon's damage and fired slower, but had a higher critical chance and might have been a bit more accurate, and the Grakata was much cheaper to build. Why is it so weak compared to most of the other primary weapons? I personally think that the Braton is stronger than the Grakata because it does more than 2 times the damage. Sure, the Grakata has a decent critical chance, but people say it's only half of what it was before. Until this weapon does enough DPS to rival at least the Braton, or gets a high critical chance in exchange for the low DPS, it's just going to gather dust in my inventory.

Aside from the ammo consumption, the Grakata is fairly functional. It's DPS isn't WOW AMAZING but it's in an okay place. They'll get around to the Grakata eventually, but as of now I think it's safe to say some guns need more attention *cough Ignis cough*

Aside from the ammo consumption, the Grakata is fairly functional. It's DPS isn't WOW AMAZING but it's in an okay place. They'll get around to the Grakata eventually, but as of now I think it's safe to say some guns need more attention *cough Ignis cough*

I still feel like the Grakata is one of the weakest primaries, but your point about other guns is right. 

You're both right, and both guns are just about unusable until they get whole lot of TLC via mods.

On-topic, Grakata definitely needs something to improve its damage and alleviate some of the massive ammo consumption. Its niche is crits, so it should probably crit considerably more often. I won't give numbers because I don't know right off what it's at right now, but if it's going to be built to crit, it should basically crit on a majority of its hits. And if that seems too radical, a few points of damage along with a reasonable increase via crit chance/damage should go a long way.

Slightly off-topic, Ignis feels like that goldfish that got brought home and forgotten about in a week and they just haven't paid enough attention to know they need to go flush it. It doesn't even feel like a flamethrower at all. One-target limit and it basically feels like a short-ranged laser with a fiery hologram going on around it more than anything. I want to see this thing start spewing a cone of fire that sticks to and lingers on enemies, leaving them or the environment on fire for a while, dealing some extra damage. I'm not sure how headshots would work with this thing spewing flames all over in a cone, but it could be the first gun in the game balanced around NOT aiming for weak points because it just wouldn't hit them.

Edited by Centias

This gun starts to function much better with some formas attached to it... I myself haven't taken the time to do so, this weapon isn't my types, but my clan leader has formad it and appears to really enjoy its dps on larger enemies. He says you need to have high rank serration, split barrel, and a strong elemental mod to match your enemy type. I'm pretty sure his Serration is like 150% or better.

You have to build all-in for critical hits to get anywhere with the grakata, as well as dumping at least 2 or 3 forma into it before it shines.

It was mysteriously nerfed recently though.....it needs to get buffed back to its previous state with 15% crit chance as it was already a "Magikarp Gun" that needs some love to be nasty.

You have to build all-in for critical hits to get anywhere with the grakata, as well as dumping at least 2 or 3 forma into it before it shines.

It was mysteriously nerfed recently though.....it needs to get buffed back to its previous state with 15% crit chance as it was already a "Magikarp Gun" that needs some love to be nasty.

and the armor just made the thing worse =/ really the grakata need a lot of love and tears to work "well"

Edited by Dasmir

and the armor just made the thing worse =/ really the grakata need a lot of love and tears to work "well"

funny thing is, before it was nerfed, after using 4-5 forma the grakata could outdps every gun in the game aside from the gorgon (barely) and the supra all kitted out for maximum dps.

funny thing is, before it was nerfed, after using 4-5 forma the grakata could outdps every gun in the game aside from the gorgon (barely) and the supra all kitted out for maximum dps.

with 4-5 formas every weapon become a monster just saying.

My Idea for a Grakata buff would be to increase it damage to 10 or 12 and increase it's base crit chance to 20% so that it owuld be 50% if you put a max point strike on it

Just 10-12 damage? Still half the Gorgon.

ANd yet mine lost a chunk of damage around the same time as it was patched, no offence but that just seems a bit odd.

It would be hard to next to impossible for people that haven't data mined to prove that it ever had 15% base critical chance.

The wiki still has numerous errors still and is full of guess work and I stopped using it and just use that data that Pwnatron created. 

It would be very nice if DE ever fixed the in game Ui to show people critical chance and damage type.

For a long time, people thought it was the highest DPS gun in the game. Now its not even viable in T3 void because of the ammo consumption.

Meh.... t3 void is a cake walk. With a mutation mod and the right damage mods you can use just about anything there...

That being said I still use of the most efficient weapons in the game for ammo. Actually probably the most efficient, the ogris (broken0, followed by some of the most inefficient weapons, the ak vipers (apply clip into face of shieldess void heavy unit, profit.

It never had 15% crit rate according to Pwnatron.  The wiki was wrong.

Afaik, Vipers have a 15% crit chance and a 1.5x crit multiplier, and the grakata had a 7.5% crit chance and a 3.0x crit multiplier. I may be wrong though!

Afaik, Vipers have a 15% crit chance and a 1.5x crit multiplier, and the grakata had a 7.5% crit chance and a 3.0x crit multiplier. I may be wrong though!

Couldn't tell it was 3x, all I see is lots of small white numbers until a yellow appears, which just gets buried in even more small white numbers. And you know it needs some sort of buff when you need 1 to 3 clips to bring down 1 ancient

GRakata, the crit gun with no crit chance (Y) i wish its crit chance would get denerfed so it can become viable again. or else i want my potato back! there's so much new op weapons and grakata has become trash compared to these new weapons ): (sorry for any gramar errors, i'm brazilian)

no. no i say!!!! this gun does not deserve to be buffed!!!! its required materials are small change compared to the other main weapons that require PLENTY more materials to make, its blueprints arent hard to obtain either you buy it from the shop!!! if we buff every weapon to match it closer to its stronger counterparts then there isn't a point making different weapons we might as well strap a gorgon on to every new player that comes in. i've seen this request time and time again for this cheap easy to obtain weapon to get some kinda godly buff and frankly it would be a complete dissapointment if my ogris that takes a min of 7 to 8 days for me to get is almost matched by a grakata that takes me like 2 hours to obtain the materials...... i mean really the only valueable materail required is neurodes nothing more!!!!

Just 10-12 damage? Still half the Gorgon.

compared to this thing the materials needed for a gorgon is like 5-6x harder to get so it doesn't even deserve to come close to dealing half the damage. IT DOESN'T!!!!!!! 

Edited by xblackpandax

compared to this thing the materials needed for a gorgon is like 5-6x harder to get so it doesn't even deserve to come close to dealing half the damage. IT DOESN'T!!!!!!! 

Grakata eats ammo like a pig eats spuds, it is one of the the least ammo efficient gun and needs to be feed ammo boxes. I would be fine if they just gave Grakata 15-20% critical chance and ignore it forever after that. Hind, Supra and Gorgon are all far more ammo efficient than Grakata could ever be even if it had 20% base critical chance.  DPS isn't everything Grakata is so wasteful it is nearly unusable.

Edited by LazyKnight