Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is the Plasmor so weak now?

JackyDee

Hello,

I have not been active for a few month in Warframe, and now, that I revisited the game, my favorite Weapon, the Arca Plasmor seems to do half the damage I was used to! Did they nerv it ?! I hope they nerved the Tigris and the Hek as well, because they already were better then the Plasmor. What is going on? What happened to the Plasmor and why?

Greeting :)

6 minutes ago, JackyDee said:

Hello,

I have not been active for a few month in Warframe, and now, that I revisited the game, my favorite Weapon, the Arca Plasmor seems to do half the damage I was used to! Did they nerv it ?! I hope they nerved the Tigris and the Hek as well, because they already were better then the Plasmor. What is going on? What happened to the Plasmor and why?

Greetings! They nerfed the Arca Plasmor so that it could no longer get headshot multipliers, reasoning that it is not a weapon meant to do that. As for Tigris and the Hek, there have been absolutely no nerfs to my knowledge.

Edited by (PS4)Boomstickman98
grammar

Thanks for all the answers !

Is there any told reason for this? The Plasmor wasn't too strong when compared to other Shotguns like Tigris and Hek. They could have doubled the dmg and remove the headshot possibility. I cannot understand this nerv T.T

Makes me so sad ....

Just now, JackyDee said:

Is there any told reason for this? The Plasmor wasn't too strong when compared to other Shotguns like Tigris and Hek. They could have doubled the dmg and remove the headshot possibility. I cannot understand this nerv T.T

Makes me so sad ....

It is very sad, but what I personally believe the real reason was was that the Arca Plasmor was too efficient at killing enemies via punchthrough and headshots. As for doubling the damage, that would then leave the weapon in effectively the same place as before, sadly.

43 minutes ago, (PS4)Boomstickman98 said:

It is very sad, but what I personally believe the real reason was was that the Arca Plasmor was too efficient at killing enemies via punchthrough and headshots. As for doubling the damage, that would then leave the weapon in effectively the same place as before, sadly.

Actually, it wouldn't, surprisingly.  Without being able to headshot, it can't get headshot crit multipliers that allow for far more than double the damage of a crit.  Here is the Wiki explanation, they do a better job than I could:

Critical Headshots

Certain body parts on enemies, most notably heads, will receive additional damage when struck. This location-based damage increase is usually a 2.0x multiplier, but if the strike is a critical hit, then the strike receives an additional 2.0x multiplier on top of the location multiplier and the crit multiplier. This means that while a normal bodyshot results in your weapon's listed damage (before mitigation), a critical headshot from a weapon with a 2.0x crit multiplier would deal 8.0x that listed damage!

None of that damage is available without being able to headshot in the first place, so as we can see, losing that damage is significantly more than what would be gained by having double damage available on body shots.

4 minutes ago, Thrymm said:

Actually, it wouldn't, surprisingly.  Without being able to headshot, it can't get headshot crit multipliers that allow for far more than double the damage of a crit.  Here is the Wiki explanation, they do a better job than I could:

Critical Headshots

Certain body parts on enemies, most notably heads, will receive additional damage when struck. This location-based damage increase is usually a 2.0x multiplier, but if the strike is a critical hit, then the strike receives an additional 2.0x multiplier on top of the location multiplier and the crit multiplier. This means that while a normal bodyshot results in your weapon's listed damage (before mitigation), a critical headshot from a weapon with a 2.0x crit multiplier would deal 8.0x that listed damage!

None of that damage is available without being able to headshot in the first place, so as we can see, losing that damage is significantly more than what would be gained by having double damage available on body shots.

hmm, I stand corrected.

Because of the nature of the weapon it's not a skill shot to get headshots. So it having that multi basically broke the games risk reward headshot system where by if you are willing to take an aimed headshot you have more chance of missing but more chance of doing damage. The plasmor was not going to miss and as such it wasn't "fair" for it to gain the damage. It's a crowd control weapon and it makes up for that headshot damage with the infinite enemy punch through. Considering how it can chew threw hordes this seems to be a more than fair compromise. Comparing it to the Tigris and Hek that are on basically one shot one enemy killed power houses doesn't make sense that is not what this weapon is. It's a balancing issue thing. I personally think this change was just fine.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb exturkconner:

Because of the nature of the weapon it's not a skill shot to get headshots. So it having that multi basically broke the games risk reward headshot system where by if you are willing to take an aimed headshot you have more chance of missing but more chance of doing damage. The plasmor was not going to miss and as such it wasn't "fair" for it to gain the damage. It's a crowd control weapon and it makes up for that headshot damage with the infinite enemy punch through. Considering how it can chew threw hordes this seems to be a more than fair compromise. Comparing it to the Tigris and Hek that are on basically one shot one enemy killed power houses doesn't make sense that is not what this weapon is. It's a balancing issue thing. I personally think this change was just fine.

Well I can understand all your points. It makes sense to me now why the headshot ability was disabled. Unforutnately the Plasmor was, at least for me, the most fun weapon in the game and it just doesn't feel satisfying any more, when lvl 40 Corpus are laughing about your big plasma ball you shoot at them :(

To me it is really sad they didn't come up with even a tiny compensation. An unsatisfying Plasmor kinda ruins my whole Warframe experience :(

Sorry, I dont want to cry in the forums - it just breaks my heart to see my beloved gun being so weak now ...

#MakeThePlasmorGreatAgain

Edited by JackyDee

12 hours ago, JackyDee said:

Well I can understand all your points. It makes sense to me now why the headshot ability was disabled. Unforutnately the Plasmor was, at least for me, the most fun weapon in the game and it just doesn't feel satisfying any more, when lvl 40 Corpus are laughing about your big plasma ball you shoot at them :(

To me it is really sad they didn't come up with even a tiny compensation. An unsatisfying Plasmor kinda ruins my whole Warframe experience :(

Sorry, I dont want to cry in the forums - it just breaks my heart to see my beloved gun being so weak now ...

#MakeThePlasmorGreatAgain

I find myself seriously questioning your build, considering mine works wonderfully up to and including Sortie 3s, and utterly decimates level 40 Corpus by the truckload.  Not to mention it did get compensation, it holds ten shots at a time now, greatly cutting down on the time you spend reloading.

It's not even an especially creative build, basic mods, crit mods, two 60/60s, fire rate, and the only marginally fancy thing is Blaze.  My Primed Point Blank is only at rank 6, I don't even have Primed Ravage, and I wasn't using a damage buffing frame.  So yeah, unless my Plasmor is magically like five times stronger than everyone else's, I have no idea why people are calling it anything but still really good. 

Take today's Sortie 2, for instance:  Perfectly serviceable, sure it takes three shots to kill the Augmented Armor Grineer, but those three shots also killed everything else in the hallway, and against single targets easily and quickly stacked multiple statuses for my CO Melee.  The only issue it had was with a Nox, for obvious reasons, but that's a fantastic example of why you're supposed to bring along a secondary.  Sure, it didn't do much in Sortie 3, but considering that it takes the highest level missions reasonably expected to be played along with with a modifier specifically gimping Elemental weaponry to make it even approach "Not viable" (And even then it spread so much Status I could make great use of it in conjunction with Melee in that mission) I think the Plasmor is still plenty great and has at no point been not great.

Edited by Vox_Preliator

10 hours ago, JackyDee said:

Makes me so sad ....

My guess is because Harrow got a new augment that extends the duration of Covenant's buff with headshots.

18 hours ago, JackyDee said:

Hello,

18 hours ago, A7xConnor said:

It doesn't get the headshot multiplier anymore.

^ Pretty much your answer.

Weak? Seriously?

Throw in dual stat mods and build for multishot + status and you can mow down squads with the Plasmor, despite the headshot multiplier being yanked. It still kicks plenty of butt, even in Sorties. For Grineer, I mod for Heat and Radiation. Corpus, I mod for Magnetic and Toxin (the extra Radiation is just icing on the cake).

Frankly, for crowd disposal, the Plasmor is an arguably better weapon than any Tigris due to its innate wider coverage (can hit more enemies with one shot right out of the box) and much larger magazine (which allows for less reloading and more shooting). Honestly, the Tigris is far better suited for putting down single, tough enemies.

That being said, my Tigris Prime has been pretty much retired.

3 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Weak? Seriously?

Throw in dual stat mods and build for multishot + status and you can mow down squads with the Plasmor, despite the headshot multiplier being yanked. It still kicks plenty of butt, even in Sorties. For Grineer, I mod for Heat and Radiation. Corpus, I mod for Magnetic and Toxin (the extra Radiation is just icing on the cake).

Frankly, for crowd disposal, the Plasmor is an arguably better weapon than any Tigris due to its innate wider coverage (can hit more enemies with one shot right out of the box) and much larger magazine (which allows for less reloading and more shooting). Honestly, the Tigris is far better suited for putting down single, tough enemies.

That being said, my Tigris Prime has been pretty much retired.

Everything you've said is absolutely true MK.  I'm normally known as a bow guy and tend to dislike shotguns in general, but I LOVES that BFG called Arca Plasmor.  :smile: 

Edited by DatDarkOne

44 minutes ago, PatternistSlave said:

Harrow got an augment related to headshots and someone at DE must've thought the arca plasmor would be too good with it.

Harrow's augment still works with the Plasmor. You just don't get a headshot multiplier.

Stop spreading this meme.

2 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Which is a 50% reduction in its DPS considering it would always hit the head

And yet we can still kill things pretty quickly with the Plasmor when it's modded to its strengths, despite this so-called nerf. You're conveniently ignoring that one important fact.

Oh right, sorry, I forgot...If a weapon isn't overpowered in such a way that it won't let you kill a level 150+ Corrupted Bombard with a single, well-placed shot, it's automatically trash and should be thrown away /s

1 hour ago, MirageKnight said:

And yet we can still kill things pretty quickly with the Plasmor when it's modded to its strengths, despite this so-called nerf. You're conveniently ignoring that one important fact.

Oh right, sorry, I forgot...If a weapon isn't overpowered in such a way that it won't let you kill a level 150+ Corrupted Bombard with a single, well-placed shot, it's automatically trash and should be thrown away /s

My comment had nothing to do with it being overpowered or unjustifiably balanced.

I was providing clarification to why the inability to land headshots is a major adjustment from the damage it was able to previously produce.

Your response is pretty funny. I encourage you to strictly read the words written and not apply bias that adds inappropriate implications when none were intended. :clap:

15 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

I encourage you to strictly read the words written and not apply bias that adds inappropriate implications when none were intended

Yet you were the one that said...

4 hours ago, Leqesai said:

Which is a 50% reduction in its DPS

Which has a negative connotation, does it not? Most of you high level players are obsessed with DPS and KPS, and your statement implies that the removal of the multiplier HURTS the weapon, which it does not.

At any rate, the Plasmor can readily handle Sortie 2 content even with this "50% reduction" / fix. You just can't cheese super-high level content as easily as you used to...which IMO is a very good thing. 

Most of you kids whine about the lack of challenge in this, yet the reason there's no challenge is because most of the higher level weapons can be made powerful enough to remove and trivialize the high-level content that's supposed to offer us challenge. The only way to make high-level content challenging again is to restrict the power we're capable of inflicting.

I'm not saying that's what DE did with the Plasmor: I think the tweak they made to headshot multipliers was indeed a fix so the weapon could work in its intended role as a crowd killer and not be overpowered. However, it did have the unintended affect of reeling in the weapon's capability of trivializing high-level content - and frankly that's good for the game.

The Plasmor is still very strong even in sorties. Plus it is the best shotguns against groups, because it fires a single, wide "pellet", dealing the weapons total damage to all targets it hits instead of splitting it up into multiple pellets.