Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Mag changes and Additions (Shards as a Mechanic, instead of a Feature)

Aktriaz

Let me just start off and say that recent;y Mag has become one of my new favorite warframes. The extra energy capacity lets me cast my abilities more often, and the Overshields from Crush give me a chance for survival if I find myself in a pinch. It's gotten to the point where I can bring her to T4 Fissure defense, and get highest kills, damage, and least damage taken, so far as an unbroken streak.

I'm not going to say Mag needs a buff. My only contention with her, however small, is that her abilities could sync better.

I'll just get straight to the changes I'm suggesting; turn the "Shard Mechanic" into more of a core feature of her skill-set rather than just an effect of Polarize that reacts to Magnetize.

First, Pull and Magnetize is a fun combination that I think could do more. Instead of just deal double damage, I think using Pull on a Magnetized enemy should "tear" their Armor/Shield Shards off, essentially being a focused version of (current) Polarize, able to quickly rip away a single enemy's armor.

Next, I think Polarize should be the ability that grants overshields, as opposed to Crush. It just makes more sense that way. I do think it should still scale the same way as Crush, with each enemy effected giving a small amount of overshield. I do think the damage done by Polarize is (would) be a bit much for a "support" ability, but that may just be me.

Finally, I want to touch on Crush. My biggest problem with this ability is how much I'm casting it now. In tandem with Polarize, I can wipe most high-level mobs, stun them for a decent duration (especially when using Casting Speed), AND get overshields, with a few consecutive casts because I can. That is a problem.

However, since I've moved the Overshields to Polarize, Crush now lacks defensive ability, and I/we will no longer use it as such. That's fine, because I want to give it more killing power.

First, reduce it's base damage (yes, you read that right). Then, increase it's damage based on the amount of shards within it's casting radius (possibly add some UI element to tell how many Shards are within range), possibly by the shards "exploding" with their own damage/range, or just adding to the damage overall. Afterwards, the Shards will be consumed.

This should simultaneously make Crush stronger but less spamable (or at least with diminishing returns), without harming it's CC or utility from it's augment, while creating more connection with the rest of her kit.

---

What do you think? I personally am really happy with how Mag is now, and would be okay if she isn't touched any time soon. I'm not really keen on the idea of some advanced, in-depth rework for her, for the time being. I just figured I might as well throw my idea at the wall to see if it sticks.