The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why is Banshee dead now?

Hawk_of_the_Reborn

For the people being butthurt about what my initial post said, can it. No duh I know her other 3 abilities are great, but that's not what I'm complaining about. Sound Quake was the best, #1 CC ability with her Resonating Quake augment. Quake was never about damage, even noobs know this. It was about mass-cc for...oh I don't know, Nightmare Law of Retribution? Missions like this are made much more doable since you can lock a section of the map down so long as you managed your energy properly as well as having proper teamwork *cough* pubs are still crap *cough* Without it, she isn't really good for anything that another frame could do in an overwhelmingly better way.

I know she's good for DPS with Sonar, but it's useless when all everyone uses can one-shot enemies without needing this power anyway. Silence is...well it's not really a useful thing, again, nobody does proper stealth in this game so there you have it. Sonic Boom is another ability that other frames can do millions of times better for the same outcome. It's just another "pulse wave that does minimal damage and stumbles enemies in its aoe for like 2 seconds" power that half of the other frames have their own versions of. Inaros does that way better with his Desiccation, Excalibur's Radial Blind is far superior if you must insist on mentioning him. My point is, now her since 4th is no longer a channeled ability, She's just another Zephyr. Oberon and Nekros should have been inspiration for how you rework a frame proper, but we seen how DE can screw up sometimes. *cough* Mag *cough*

11 minutes ago, BlackVortex said:

how come my 4K damage is only 400 damage now if its still as strong as ever?

edit

oh nvm, you are on PS4, guess the change hasnt hit over there yet?

no changes here yet, but I wasn't informed there would be any changes to resonance/Savage Silence, only a change to Resonating Quake. has there been any changes to the other two Augments? I could be wrong but nothing was mentioned to me about that.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

meanwhile Resonance Banshee and Savage Silence Banshee builds are still as strong as ever... seriously, the next best thing to P4TW is killing everything in one shot with any weapon or using Finishers on everything, both of which you can still do with her.

...of which both are worthless since you don't need those to one-shot enemies with Tigris Prime...or whatever current flavor-of-the-month meta weapons players are using these days

Just now, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

no changes here yet, but I wasn't informed there would be any changes to resonance/Savage Silence, only a change to Resonating Quake. has there been any changes to the other two Augments? I could be wrong but nothing was mentioned to me about that.

oh sorry, I misread, my bad

thought you were talking about a resonance quake build, you are just talking about a resonance build

which I will never be using, because useless if you have better means

1 minute ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

...of which both are worthless since you don't need those to one-shot enemies with Tigris Prime...or whatever current flavor-of-the-month meta weapons players are using these days

anything really with a good riven, proper build, arcanes and operator to go with it

Edited by BlackVortex

1 hour ago, BlackVortex said:

they absolutely kicked banshee into the ground, and its a frame that I will now not use anymore

it was good at two things, mass aoe dps and mass aoe cc

don't listen to these other people who think that you should only be playing this game the way they want you to play it

for other types of missions I use inaros pure tank, for rushing I used Ember, for stationary missions I used banshee (interception, defense etc)

the fact that certain people can't seem to find enjoyment out of pressing a button and watching everything melt away is their shortcoming, not yours

for now I will put banshee in the freezer together with the long list of other frames that got nerfed into the ground because certain people cried about how it was being used

as always, Ill just move on to the next best thing untill everyone starts cheesing with it, people cry about it and it gets nerfed into the ground and the cycle starts over again.

how I've learned to play warframe is this: abuse everything about this game as long as possible, do not share them with others because when too many people abuse it, it will get nerfed

when you are done with said abusing, find a replacement asap and promote the old abusing so that once it gets nerfed, you will be at an advantage again and can make the people who always cry, cry some more over the new thing you abuse

sell stuff while its hot, and once it reaches the depths of hell, buy as much as you can (i.e. Arcane Fury used to go for 350p each, they went for 25-50p before the last update, but they will be going up to 200-300p soon again)

I like you

I'm just glad that I'm not the only one who understands the consequences that negatively impact Banshee from these changes. I would have been okay if they made it to where Quake does no damage, but instead can just stunlock enemies. But not like this. Banshee was never supposed to be a DPS maining frame, only a supplimental/support frame. Leave DPS to Nova, Ash and Saryn.  

Actually, she's now better at exactly the thing DE was trying to prevent her from doing. The difference is that instead of just holding down 4, you now spam it and occasionally Energizing Dash or put down a pizza. They've basically reintroduced an old problem they had with Saryn spamming her 4. I expect to see another change again.

Edited by KokoroWish

2 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

I'm just glad that I'm not the only one who understands the consequences that negatively impact Banshee from these changes. I would have been okay if they made it to where Quake does no damage, but instead can just stunlock enemies. But not like this. Banshee was never supposed to be a DPS maining frame, only a supplimental/support frame. Leave DPS to Nova, Ash and Saryn.  

Soundquake never changed. Only the augment. Tbh, I honestly don’t know what you’re complaining about if you’re using Soundquake as a CC ability and solely only that, even with old Resonating Quake. However, the speculation here is that you still hold some form of resentment of wanting still Resonating Quake’s old iteration as a channeling map-wide kill switch and not as a channeling CC ability.

And even then, if you know what to mod for the new iteration of Resonating Quake is purely devastating.

4 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Augmented Quake was a plague and good for nothing.

I very much beg to differ, good sir/ma'am. The old Resonating Quake was extremely useful for locking down the map, something many people disliked because it was used excessively as "channel for the win." When people were more selective in its use (both timing and duration of a channel) it was amazing CC that could help turn a near-wipe around by stunning and (with enough power mod) killing enemies in proximity to the caster and allies. The augment was good, how it was used, not so much.

4 hours ago, BlackVortex said:

don't listen to these other people who think that you should only be playing this game the way they want you to play it

the fact that certain people can't seem to find enjoyment out of pressing a button and watching everything melt away is their shortcoming, not yours

Dude, even DE said that Banshee's 4 is the most "un-fun" skill in the game|
and what if DE wants to make another trailer of warframe and in that trailer includes a banshee pressing 4 and doing nothing, you think that would attract more new players?

Edited by Rabbid-

I think you can just go max range and efficiency and spam 4 if you really2 want the CC. Really. It is still there if you want. just more buttons. Even the cost is cheap when you max the efficiency. No need for duration too, so you can even keep it at minimum. The damage is only big near the epicentre (near banshee) anyway, so you get instant 2x range of quake each time you press 4. So with 250% range for example + augment, the actual range is 500% of the usual quake. It is even better in CC. Not to mention you can pizza while casting/zenurik while casting.

Max damage is a different case entirely tho (I only use the damage for lith fissure cracking anyway, which is still very nice with only intensify until 5th round of lith interception). 

9 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

Banshee is "dead" because she's on her way back to where she was before the release of Resonating Quake, a place where the player needs to pay attention and expend effort to make Banshee effective. Her skill floor has raised and many players aren't really into that.

Complaining on the forums takes a minute , learning the game might take years . It only makes sense you know .

5 hours ago, BlackVortex said:

oh sorry, I misread, my bad

thought you were talking about a resonance quake build, you are just talking about a resonance build

which I will never be using, because useless if you have better means

you're doing it wrong. Banshee is still a go to frame for extended run comps precisely because of how strong resonance is

5 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

She was already a top tier DPS enhancing frame. Resonance remains one of the strongest damage increases in the game, even years after its release and after a nerf to its frequency of application. Resonating Quake directly incentivized the kind of play that came out of it; it absolutely deserved to be reworked. You can still lockdown huge portions of the map with Soundquake; you just need to actually invest into maximum range now. If her sonar is really that unimportant; you won't miss the massive damage boost it gives your team access to.

Banshee is a frame so powerful she makes the MkI Braton end-game viable. 

Any complaints about her being nerfed just shows how people only used her 4th ability. 

Personally I'm glad people will no longer leave the game as soon as they spot me in the spawn room of a defense mission. 

9 hours ago, Hawk_of_the_Reborn said:

I come back after a while, since PoE being still fresh, and come to find out that Banshee is now crap without her 'old' channeled Sound Quake. Thanks for killing the only other warframe I ever enjoyed playing anymore, other than Vauban Prime.

Because some of the player base is ignorant.   Not stupid, just ignorant and unwilling to look deeper at the changes. 

Dead? Have you tried it? Low duration (but enough to make sonar worth using), full range and str banshee with zenurik and resonating quake. Destroys everything and now is auto-sustentable, there's no need for a EV triny or a gazillion of pizzas anymore.

10 hours ago, ShaiPaneer said:

this post is a joke, banshee is the most used frame still. Her sonar provides an insane dps boost - always being used in the index. Best go to frame for focus farming. - Her sound quake isn't even that bad, but if you don't know how and when to use it then that's a different case.

Equinox is the best focus farming warframe.