Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Index Build

Seahawk

Question

So I was wondering what a good build for a carrier Rhino in medium and Hard Index. I was just wondering because I tend to carry points most of the time and my iron skin gets depleted to like 25 and I don't know any way to reset other than the iron skin augment which got me thinking of finding a better way to carry without dying so much.  I use standard Rhino not prime BTW

Edited by Seahawk62
Bit of Clarification

22 answers to this question

Doesn't iron skin stack with armor? Do you have a maxed vigor and steel fiber on? 

When I'm carrying the space fireflies in index, I just mod rhino out for max meat shield potential. Also, don't forget that when you activate iron skin, you're invulnerable for four seconds (?) and any damage you take gets added to iron skin's hp. So if you see a bunch of enemies, a trollbot doing AoE, or anything like that, stand in it and activate the ability. You'll get a lot more ehp doing that. 

I run Growing Power for Aura, Energy Conversion, Transient Fortitude, Fleeting Expertise, Blind Rage, Intensify, Primed Flow, Steel Fiber and Power Drift for my Rhino Index build. Aura you can change to whatever you want and the exilus slot I use for Firewalker but you can just put Power Drift there if you want and then whatever you feel you need for the last slot.

My rhino build which I've been using for years now has been something like this: https://goo.gl/HeabHr (warframe builder link)

This is an all-around build which is good enough to hold up fine in all sortie content. If you want, you could replace redirection with the iron skin augment for recastability (redirection is only there for insurance when iron skin goes down)

Edited by Yuri_Doujinshi

7 minutes ago, MortalMercenary said:

I run Growing Power for Aura, Energy Conversion, Transient Fortitude, Fleeting Expertise, Blind Rage, Intensify, Primed Flow, Steel Fiber and Power Drift for my Rhino Index build. Aura you can change to whatever you want and the exilus slot I use for Firewalker but you can just put Power Drift there if you want and then whatever you feel you need for the last slot.

The problem I have with that is that I don't have TF and I am pretty sure it's vaulted. Blind rage I have, energy conversion I think I have. Power drift I know I don't have. 

15 minutes ago, (Xbox One)PhoenixReviving said:

Doesn't iron skin stack with armor? Do you have a maxed vigor and steel fiber on? 

When I'm carrying the space fireflies in index, I just mod rhino out for max meat shield potential. Also, don't forget that when you activate iron skin, you're invulnerable for four seconds (?) and any damage you take gets added to iron skin's hp. So if you see a bunch of enemies, a trollbot doing AoE, or anything like that, stand in it and activate the ability. You'll get a lot more ehp doing that. 

Don't have vigor, have steel fiber giving 80%. Is that how iron skin works? I am unsure I always just thought it gives 100 hits worth of damage, but if it is the way you say the number is most likely percentage and running into something might just be worth it. If that is also the case then I might also want the augment for iron skin, that way I can quickly do damage and retrigger it so that I am not running naked without any means of gaining health/shields. And as a carrier, there is also the fact of a loss in health from roughly 500 to 10 and shields dropping from roughly 1040 to maybe 500.  Any more thoughts on that?

Just now, Seahawk62 said:

The problem I have with that is that I don't have TF and I am pretty sure it's vaulted. Blind rage I have, energy conversion I think I have. Power drift I know I don't have. 

Transient Fortitude is found in the Orokin Derelict Vaults and there is usually a group or two doing those runs in recruiting chat at all times, so I guess you could say it's vaulted but it's always accessible, Power Drift if you don't have you get from the place you go to in the Second Dream in the principle rooms.

4 minutes ago, Yuri_Doujinshi said:

My rhino build which I've been using for years now has been something like this: https://goo.gl/HeabHr (warframe builder link)

This is an all-around build which is good enough to hold up fine in all sortie content. If you want, you could replace redirection with the iron skin augment for recastability (redirection is only there for insurance when iron skin goes down)

I am assuming that you used a mod capacity doubler (is it reactor or catalyst I get confused) due to the fact that Rhino normally has 44 with an aura giving 14 capacity. I can understand the iron skin augment thing, however, I am confused as to how ability efficiency is useful for doing an index carry? Obviously, roar is useful and that was my role when I was still getting mods together now I carry points. What do you think?

8 minutes ago, Yuri_Doujinshi said:

I would recommend the augment for his 1 Ironclad Charge for an all around build in place of Redirection as Ironclad Charge greatly increases your iron skin value

1 minute ago, MortalMercenary said:

Transient Fortitude is found in the Orokin Derelict Vaults and there is usually a group or two doing those runs in recruiting chat at all times, so I guess you could say it's vaulted but it's always accessible, Power Drift if you don't have you get from the place you go to in the Second Dream in the principle rooms.

principle rooms as in the ones you needed to do for Sedna junction? Orokin derelict vaults are annoying as hell to me. I need to get some keys together though. Where do I get the BP for those if I remember right it was either dojo or market.

1 minute ago, Seahawk62 said:

I am assuming that you used a mod capacity doubler (is it reactor or catalyst I get confused) due to the fact that Rhino normally has 44 with an aura giving 14 capacity. I can understand the iron skin augment thing, however, I am confused as to how ability efficiency is useful for doing an index carry? Obviously, roar is useful and that was my role when I was still getting mods together now I carry points. What do you think?

They were more offering up an all around build for all things not so much an index build, you kind of just sit on the energy pads in the index or wait for a Trinity to give you energy for the index making the necessity for a lot of efficiency not a thing

Just now, MortalMercenary said:

They were more offering up an all around build for all things not so much an index build, you kind of just sit on the energy pads in the index or wait for a Trinity to give you energy for the index making the necessity for a lot of efficiency not a thing

alright, that makes sense I don't quite understand ability efficiency for iron skin because that is basically all I would use in the index.

1 minute ago, Seahawk62 said:

principle rooms as in the ones you needed to do for Sedna junction? Orokin derelict vaults are annoying as hell to me. I need to get some keys together though. Where do I get the BP for those if I remember right it was either dojo or market.

on the Principle rooms that is correct, the keys to go to the derelict are found in the market, just search for derelict in the search bar in the market, all the keys are reusable so grab them all if you can or as you desire them. you also need Dragon keys which you can find in your clans Orokin lab, as you go into the room its at the top near the glowing mass is the best way to describe it

9 minutes ago, MortalMercenary said:

so I may jsut have power drift, thinking back to when I was speedrunning for War Within (so I could use my operator) I remember my squad talking about how we got a mod with drift in it. I am not sure how many mods are like that but yeah. Another thing is I just need a ton of Endo, a friend of mine said that one of the arenas on Sedna is a great endo farm.

2 minutes ago, Seahawk62 said:

so I may jsut have power drift, thinking back to when I was speedrunning for War Within (so I could use my operator) I remember my squad talking about how we got a mod with drift in it. I am not sure how many mods are like that but yeah. Another thing is I just need a ton of Endo, a friend of mine said that one of the arenas on Sedna is a great endo farm.

There are 7 drift mods, Power Drift is the easiest one to get if im not mistaken. and Vodyanoi on Sedna is the best endo farm, just use nekros and a slash based weapon that deals a bunch of damage and you can get about 300-700 endo if memory serves in about 3 mintues

20 minutes ago, Seahawk62 said:

Ability efficiency isn't really that important. I just gave my normal build that I use for almost everything, since I feel like it would work fine in the index. Obviously I could build pure power strength and armor to get a ridiculous iron skin value, but I don't really feel like it's that necessary. Let's put it this way: even with iron skin active, you should be avoiding getting hit. Iron skin just gives you a large amount of HP insurance (in the case of my build, about 6500 HP). You should be monitoring your iron skin, and find a safe place to recast as soon as it goes down.

In case you're wondering, this is what I would do for a build maximizing iron skin, though it seems kinda silly to put this much effort in for it: https://goo.gl/51oxpD This one has about 11000 hp in iron skin before ironclad charge.

Edited by Yuri_Doujinshi

6 minutes ago, Yuri_Doujinshi said:

Ability efficiency isn't really that important. I just gave my normal build that I use for almost everything, since I feel like it would work fine in the index. Obviously I could build pure power strength and armor to get a ridiculous iron skin value, but I don't really feel like it's that necessary. Let's put it this way: even with iron skin active, you should be avoiding getting hit. Iron skin just gives you a large amount of HP insurance (in the case of my build, about 6500 HP). You should be monitoring your iron skin, and find a safe place to recast as soon as it goes down.

In case you're wondering, this is what I would do for a build maximizing iron skin, though it seems kinda silly to put this much effort in for it: https://goo.gl/51oxpD This one has about 11000 hp in iron skin.

I mean if you want to go for a really generalized iron skin build for good EHP you can run this https://goo.gl/FG4RBh it's what I run and low end I usually get around 20-80k EHP from Iron Skin

1 hour ago, Seahawk62 said:

Do you or Yuri know where I could get primed flow, primed continuity, growing power, firewalker, and transient fortitude

Primed mods are only available from Baro. He comes around every couple of weeks and stays for a few days. His offerings are always random. In practical terms, you can only get those quickly by buying them in the trade chat. Be aware that they cost a good chunk of plat and the credit tax for them is 1 million to trade. 

That said, you can use regular versions of those mods in most builds. They won't give you as much of a benefit, but they will usually still work fine for things like index. 

18 hours ago, MortalMercenary said:

I would recommend the augment for his 1 Ironclad Charge for an all around build in place of Redirection as Ironclad Charge greatly increases your iron skin value

While ironclad charge is great in general, I haven't found it particularly helpful in the index given the limited number of enemies and how spread out they can be

The iron shrapnel aug is great for a carrier build because if your iron skin starts to get too low, you can go somewhere safe, fire it off and go back to full strength. When you're carrying loads of points it's too risky otherwise as your max health can get incredibly low. EDIT: reread and you already mention having iron shrapnel, so what issue are you having exactly? You really shouldn't be having any survivability issues in the index if you're using this aug. For ages I used a non-potatoed, basic rhino for index carrier duties and never died. Just be sensible, bank at reasonable intervals and refresh your iron skin regularly :-)

Edited by Isca

40 minutes ago, Isca said:

The iron shrapnel aug is great for a carrier build because if your iron skin starts to get too low, you can go somewhere safe, fire it off and go back to full strength. When you're carrying loads of points it's too risky otherwise as your max health can get incredibly low. EDIT: reread and you already mention having iron shrapnel, so what issue are you having exactly? You really shouldn't be having any survivability issues in the index if you're using this aug. For ages I used a non-potatoed, basic rhino for index carrier duties and never died. Just be sensible, bank at reasonable intervals and refresh your iron skin regularly :-)

Well I haven't ran the index since I got Iron shrapnel, I have not had a need nor could I find a team to work with. Normally I have a group of friends I run Hard indexes with and we haven't been able to get together. When we do we usually get anywhere from 500 grand to 2 million credits. Planning on running it today.