Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shrine of the Eidolon: Hotfix 22.12.5

[DE]Rebecca

A list of things that I believe could do with being addressed.

Spoiler

1-Javlok alt-fire still does not work when out of ammo. Still forces me to reload.
2-Most projectile-based weapons (Boltor P, Daikyu, Drakgoon, Mara Detron to name some) still haven't been properly buffed.
3-Some hitscan weapons have half or instead have nerfed/pre-buff stats.
4-Chroma's ability set needs to have either no upper limit for scaling (on self), or for the calculations to be ramped up. His 'buffs' feel like a waste of energy, from experiences against a Teralyst and in a simulacrum against a lot of LVL 135 Heavy Gunners (which is instakill for Chroma right now).
Isn't Chroma supposed to be capable of surviving like Hunhow? I've given some suggestions on how to do this here and there, and to Steve. Chroma is just a fashionframe right now.
5-The way RNG is being dealt with right now is not working. I suggest employing the Relic 4-reward-choice system for loot tables that are too cluttered, where viable, so people have more chances and more choice in what they get, and put the Endo as a reward which is always there regardless.
6-Slots (in general) should have an obtainable form, or be buyable with Ducats (since Prime Parts get traded for Plat anyway, why not give Ducats more spendability, maybe capped via Mastery?). New players should not be forced to spend 42 to 44 out of 50 of their starter plat on weapon/frame slots in Mastery Ranks before 2. One solution is to give people 50 Account-bound plat per Mastery Rank-up (meaning 1,000 plat at MR20, to put it into perspective; those who already ranked their way up should be granted the appropriate amount).

umm, just my thought but, giving "400 endo" at max value over regular relic seems less rewarding, you can just take it out of the bounty reward and give us less RNG , so people can get the relic fairly quick without have to be burn out by plains before they get one, and not to mention that relic it self is another RNG, so its nice if you could lower the RNG value even by a tiny bit :D
also totally unrelated but mesa pistol deluxe skin is still bugged , it doesnt change the pistol sound when equiped ( or its intended?....pls dont make it intended Q_Q)

9 minutes ago, Bl4zko said:

So DE switched relics which actually are better for that low amount of endo? I'm confused lol..

Don't you see, they made the vaulted relics rarer to stop people dropping out of bounties, Then they removed the common relic drops to not confuse people, those extra relics were in the way!
It's fixed now! </sarcasm>

Edit: when you think of it, these fixes are kind of strange, each individual step makes sense, in a way, but they completely miss the big picture.
I'm glad DE are working to fix the problem, but.. this kind of fix rather clearly exchanges it for a different problem.

5 minutes ago, Ace4225 said:

Have you tried soloing the Hydrolyst yet? See how well it works for you. :)

There are multiple people that soloed Hydrolist on the first night he was available.

This for exampe:

It doesn't require any TEAMWORK. It's just a pure gear check, nothing more, nothing less, and since they do not scale with the amount of people in group - having more than 1 player makes gear check more manageable.

6 minutes ago, WolfTitan said:

DE must keep trials because:

• There is overwhelming opposition to removing trials.
  • 40-60K unique PC players raid every month over the last 2 years.
  • It's the last of what's end-game for many.
  • It's the only component of WF that requires teamwork.
  • It's the only component of WF that allows for more than 4 players.

And to counter almost every point

• The current overwhelming opposition was also the first 50 comments on every hotfix/update post complaining how raids were broken buggy messes that were no fun and they wouldn't be playing anymore until they were fixed yadda yadda yadda, but still kept playing
  • 60K out of 23 million registered losers (0.26% of WF population)
  • Yes and no, don't really have a solid counter to this one as it is a matter of opinion for each player
  • Yes, the only part of WF that requires teamwork and can be as toxic as the Dota 2 community (even Conclave isn't as bad)... At least the Raid School Bus was there for the rest of us
  • Which was a big mistake to begin with. Thankfully they realized that with the Hills of Eidolon and it is slightly less buggy than Raids (although Bounty fixes are apparently a whole lot easier to do, and given their current use and attention, fixed quite quickly. Going back to the second point, the reason it has more attention is because more people are playing it)

Now, do I agree with how they are handling it? Yes and no...
Yes - They should pull out the raids and do a massive rework on them so that they are still a challenging (maybe rework them into that clan mission choosing system they teased last year and I haven't heard a thing since)

No - We all know how SoonTM that those reworks are going to happen or whether we will even get them back at all

All-in-all, they are taking what they believe is the best approach, and with any loss old content it is going to hurt certain parts of the community. That part needs to decide if they see any value in playing the rest of WF or leave (maybe check in from time to time. It's what I did for a while and I came back during PoE). As for the rest of us, we can all rejoice now that Arcanes are hidden behind a DIFFERENT buggy mess with a DIFFERENT toxic community! :D (At least Teralyst hunting groups might actually accept a Volt Shield DPS character now instead of requiring a Chroma)

2 minutes ago, Ace4225 said:

Have you tried soloing the Hydrolyst yet? See how well it works for you. :)

It will be done in a month or so, just like people are soloing 6 Teralysts a night. Players will crack the optimized build for Hydralyst also.

3 minutes ago, UjaAca said:

It will be done in a month or so, just like people are soloing 6 Teralysts a night. Players will crack the optimized build for Hydralyst also.

It's already done. Actually people soloed all 3 in the first night they were out. And people are already doing 3 full captures in 1 night (3xTeralyst, 3xGantulyst, 3xHydrolyst).

• Removed non-Vaulted Relics from Bounty Rewards as to remove confusion of both Relic types being in current Bounties and replaced with Endo relative to difficulty per Bounty tier (50,100,200,300,400). 

lel. you fixed that but wisps are still on high teir bounties? they're super common. by the time you're running those bounties you have more than you need.. or can farm them MUCH faster by just running around the plains with zephyr

52 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Potential fix for the big issue of Teralysts and Lures not navigating or behaving properly at all. When this issue occurs, it completely prevents Teralyst hunts from occuring for that session so we are working on resolving it as quickly as we can!

@[DE]Rebecca does this fix this issue:

Had this issue yesterday. Was pretty funny, but annoying.

I know you guys are plenty busy with all the fixes but i noticed whenever you get on a darygn your character will near perminately disapear unless shade uncloaks your character back into existance. similar animation problem happens when using the arsenal inside cetus stopping you from viewing anything. 

thanks for the help! -jade

Ps: still havent heard back about my disappearing head issue, it happens less often but is still a thing.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • Fixed an issue with Operator customization where changing the color of "Markings" changes the color of all "Facial Accessories".

Facial Accessories really needs a Metalic and Energy color channel now.

Edit: Also the energy cone coming out of the Ki'Teer Atmos Diadem does not get colored and stays Blue.

Archived