Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shrine of the Eidolon: Hotfix 22.12.5

[DE]Rebecca

Thanks for removing trials guys, way to kill off a large population of your players. Welcome to a game of no end-game and no reward for actually requiring effort. Thanks for forcing content into PoE when you can't even fix your own PoE issues from release day as an excuse to get rid of trials 'temporarily' (aka forever). Dark Sector rework is meh for us veterans.

Give us back true void with towers and real endgame. Give us ACTUAL fixes to things that aren't a new-trash idea that will add more trash to PoE. Quality > quantity please. You're making the game seem like it's regressing to what it was 4 years ago: a damnable mess with no players.

“ Removed Vaulted Relics from Bounty Rewards as to remove confusion of both Relic types being in current Bounties and replaced with Endo relative to difficulty per Bounty tier (50,100,200,300,400) and Vaulted relics will be added to various missions.”

This should have been the proper fix.

8 minutes ago, OneArmedViolinist said:

I wish you'd left the other relics in the bounties.  I was really loving building up a backstock of void trace/ducat material.  It wasn't THAT confusing to get a relic that wasn't the vaulted one.

It was confusing when just grinding just for the vaulted relics. It is only a temp and will return to normal after everything gets vaulted again.

Ok. But "Vex Armor
- Fixed a longstanding issue with number calculation being multiplicative. Boosts now apply before upgrades instead of after, making the ability consistent with all other damage boosting abilities. Overshields are now considered for Vex Armor. Chroma's Vex Armor remains one of the top performing damage-multipliers in the game - and it's now an aura! Instead of just being focused on Chroma, it can now benefit allies in range."

So why is Chroma doing less damage than my guns base stats? A wee bit misleading in the description. 

From Taintknight 

"*you can change tailwind into something that makes her fly like archwings in the plains. That would be awesome to see"

You can basically fly around perfectly fine as is almost indefinitely. Sure you have to press 1 every few seconds, but it is actually much better than archwing and is a welcome change. (seriously pick zenurik spawn the energy regen at the start of the plains, wait out the bubble time and as soon as it drops start flying around, then when you need a buff refresh you can do it at least one time. zenurik straight up and tailwind straight up through it. You can net energy with this and energy siphons are just bonus. other refreshes are just when you land cast then get back to flying and repeat with a mid air refresh. 

ARCHWING WAS A MISTAKE, do not make zephyr into archwing.

I recently started reading these threads differently.  Instead of reading them as a player, I started thinking "If it was my literal job description to interact with the community, would I quit said job and/or start drinking heavily to numb myself from it all".  My answer is that yes, I would do one of the other.  As awesome as it would be to be part of the DE team, if I were hired on at $15 an hour to read every forum post and summarize them for the programmers, I would set fire to the servers and escape into the Canadian unknown.

Guys, they know that some people want to keep raids.  They know that ember nerf is unpopular.  This thread is supposed to be about just this last patch.  Its not an open forum to recite every grievance you have with the game.

May I recommend, make two compliments per complaint.  Or if you're seeing red with anger, make it 1 to 1.  Lead off with the good, and be as detailed with it as you plan to be with the negative.  Make the DE employee whose job it is to read this enjoy at least your post.  Maybe they will start to notice a trend like "The players who want raids are the most polite in the forums, maybe we should make a kind gesture towards them."  I'm just saying, maybe give it a chance and see what happens.

"Changes:

• Removed non-Vaulted Relics from Bounty Rewards as to remove confusion of both Relic types being in current Bounties and replaced with Endo relative to difficulty per Bounty tier (50,100,200,300,400). "

THANK YOU!!!!
(this change actually makes things worse, but it will "feel" better)

Any word on fixing Mesa not being able to target certain flying enemies or specific targets for "hunt/track down xxx leader" bounties?

1 hour ago, WolfTitan said:

DE must keep trials because:

• There is overwhelming opposition to removing trials.
  • 40-60K unique PC players raid every month over the last 2 years.
  • It's the last of what's end-game for many.
  • It's the only component of WF that requires teamwork.
  • It's the only component of WF that allows for more than 4 players.

hmnhESa.png

Plot courtesy of Pegasy.

While I understand where you are coming from, the problem is not primarily the playerbase, its that they keep expecting them to deploy fixes for them when they are extremely difficult to fix, and this chart is for PC only, there will be most likely be more/different bugs for console and chances are the playerbase is alot lower there. If they leave the raids in, people will keep demanding fixes, every single thread I ****** see, there's a least one person whining about JV docking glitches, and I've only had that issue on about 3 or 4 occasions over 200+ raids across several names. Which means you are probably exploiting/doing something you shouldn't or you're using Amesha's 3rd which causes ALOT of issues if done before the final nerve is complete and you go for the kill.

Removing raids is the best thing for the game right now for several reasons. One, less frustrations for the devs, two, more focus on the main game and new content like more open world areas, three, arcanes will become more accessible which Im sure is the reason most people are whinging because there are alot of greedy people who are selling energizes for 600p each can stop ripping people off. I could name more people than I can count on my hands who do this but I'm not going to. And this is especially important considering arcanes just got buffed. Another thing to add on to this is that since arcanes will be more accessible and it was mentioned that arcanes will no longer be tied to cosmetics just selected, it will mean people you meet randomly who are experienced in the game will most likely have better gear and builds due to the enhancements they can provide.

Also, raids are not only restricted to those who know how to do them, but some people cant do them at all even if they knew because of net or computer limitations. Which is completely unfair. To that end hopefully when the raids do come back I hope they will be back better and honestly, I would prefer them to have sortie like rewards, except better, like a higher chance of a riven, or maybe they could implement riven stat lockers, higher reward amounts of endo or kuva, etc.

Regardless of backlash from a small portion of the community, if this is what the devs have decided to do it's because they think it to be in the best interest of the games development, and they will take what has been said into consideration. But don't expect them to do something if it does not fall into line with that goal.

More endgame will come in time, and raids are hardly the last mission that require teamwork, Eidolon hunting is a teamwork heavy task, sure you can solo it if you tryhard but at that point you're just doing it because of ego. You can 2 man JV if you want far out, and if there was a way to set it up you could probably do it with LoR as well. Which also brings me to my last point, if you don't need more than 4 players, why have it. I hope they actually take these raids and make them much more demanding of teamwork. Requiring at least 5 people with no way around it.

3 minutes ago, HarrodTasker said:

I recently started reading these threads differently.  Instead of reading them as a player, I started thinking "If it was my literal job description to interact with the community, would I quit said job and/or start drinking heavily to numb myself from it all".  My answer is that yes, I would do one of the other.  As awesome as it would be to be part of the DE team, if I were hired on at $15 an hour to read every forum post and summarize them for the programmers, I would set fire to the servers and escape into the Canadian unknown.

Guys, they know that some people want to keep raids.  They know that ember nerf is unpopular.  This thread is supposed to be about just this last patch.  Its not an open forum to recite every grievance you have with the game.

May I recommend, make two compliments per complaint.  Or if you're seeing red with anger, make it 1 to 1.  Lead off with the good, and be as detailed with it as you plan to be with the negative.  Make the DE employee whose job it is to read this enjoy at least your post.  Maybe they will start to notice a trend like "The players who want raids are the most polite in the forums, maybe we should make a kind gesture towards them."  I'm just saying, maybe give it a chance and see what happens.

Do you truly expect an outraged community who's sick of the abandonment ideals behind DE's announcement to stand by and say: "Oh, I like this Zephyr buff! Keep up the good work, DE!" when they're taking away the only endgame we have left in 15 days?

So here's the true reason why DE is removing raids for good:

The small amount of bugs in LoR/NM and the one or two main bugs that actually cause gameplay issues in JV are too much to bother with, so we're removing raids for 5 years to work on other things instead of taking responsibility for abandoning a very important part of Warframe.

Pushing easier-fixed content into a bug-infested area of PoE is a poor decision. Pushing content into incomplete parts of this game makes the incomplete-ness extremely blatant and shows up even more. Taking away trials is a warning of what's to come, and we should all be afraid.

Removed non-Vaulted Relics from Bounty Rewards as to remove confusion of both Relic types being in current Bounties

Thank you! 

and replaced with Endo relative to difficulty per Bounty tier (50,100,200,300,400)

Oh. :sad:

This stuff is confusing to me. The reasoning I heard of locking these vaulted relics to bounties was to not cause this same confusion out in regular mission nodes, that there were too many non-vaulted relics as is. But the vaulted relics are now harder to obtain then ever and rather then just removing the non-vaulted relic it's replaced by something people don't drasticlly need. I'm 100% fine with DE locking vaulted relics to plains only content but all of this sounds like it adds up to vaulted relics being more harder to obtain then it was in the past. 

I'll be honest as a new player (started back again in September, my accounts 4 years old but I disliked WF back then it was as far back as having to pay for revives.) I already strongly dislike plains. I had to grind all those resources for the PoE content, grind the two new reps for said content and while in the middle of all of that we get plague star that was running the same missions over and over. 1 crafted forma was a great reward but it didn't take away from the boredom there. 

After that to get more lore content the ghoul bounties are introduced and a lot of what I heard was journal entries were too hard to earn. I'm glad I quit that event after I got the new weapons and stance. I know DE is trying to improve it, but forcing players to do plains missions for vaulted relics is a major mistake. 

1 hour ago, Neightrix said:

Relics are always valuable, and it doesn't appear they're any less diluted if you only care about the unvaulted relics. I'm confused about how this would be good, unless you need the endo then it's good for you. I was personally really enjoying the tables as they were. Any relic drops are welcome imo.

Being able to buy relic packs using ostron standing, even if they're not all unvaulted relics, is a really good idea!

This is my thought kinda. I'd rather get relics even if not vaulted rather then a cetus wisp, breath of the eidlon I don't need becauce i've got more then I need currently. 

Thank you Dev's...." Potential fix for the big issue of Teralysts and Lures not navigating or behaving properly at all. When this issue occurs, it completely prevents Teralyst hunts from occurring for that session so we are working on resolving it as quickly as we can!" ;)

its a good thing they increased the MR on a lot of weapons.
Nothing more pointless than walking into a game and getting one of the most powerful pieces of equipment and steam-rolling content.... that's just a waste of time. It leads to people getting to end game and actually coming across content they actually have to do something in and they have no idea what to do or how to do it, which just pisses off the entire party.

Archived