Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Vex Armor from Multiple Chromas Stack?

JonnyOptimus

Question

The other day (post patch) I was in a party with another Chroma and my UI showed the Vex armor buffs at around double their normal value. But I've experienced chronic UI bugs with Vex Armor since the patch (UI still showing Vex armor even though it has expired) so I'm not sure if this was just a UI glitch or if Vex Armor from multiple Chromas stack with each other...

If they do stack it would seem that a 4 Chroma party would be extremely powerful..?

1 answer to this question

They're supposed to stack but if they actually do or not I've not tested.

The opposite of extremely powerful would actually be true. Least compared to adding other forms of damage multipliers.

Chroma's Vex Damage buff is now additive with other base damage sources including itself so the more base damage you have the less of an improvement additional base damage will be. This is why DE doesn't really care that the buff stacks because by comparison to replacing that 2nd Chroma with Banshee, Nova, Rhino, ect you're actually getting far less group damage output. There are actually weapon builds where Rhino can beat Chroma as a single source of group damage due to the same diminishing effect from modding sources such as when you have Hornet Strike and a Riven with enough +%Damage on it.

On the positive side though. You yourself as Chroma can forgo +%Damage mods like Serration / Hornet Strike in place of Prime Bane, 90%, 60/60 status mods or similar in order to get the most out of your Vex buff.

Edited by Xzorn