Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr's Target Fixation

EchoesOfRain

So with the new Zephyr changes, we got rid of Divebomb Vortex and gained Target Fixation, which honestly...sucks. It's an augment that increases the damage on a skill that barely does damage. Not only that, it's required to Tailwind straight though a mob of enemies to even make use of it, but that'll send you flying WAY past them. Plus, unless you're Divebombing into them, Zephyr generally doesn't want to be going closer to enemies. The augment does not cater well to Zephyr and her playstyle at all. If DE wants to give Zephyr some higher damage-dealing options, there are much better ways to go. So here's my suggestion...

Target Fixation: While Hovering, If Zephyr can chain together shots without missing, her damage will continue to increase. Resets at the end of that Hover, or if she misses a shot

Air Burst Vortex: When Air Burst explodes, it will create a stationary Tornado that sucks in enemies for 2 seconds, dealing multiple slash procs over that time

Target Fixation would be a skill-based augment, but a rewarding one for players with good aim. Hover, while definitely still needing some tweaks and improvements, has seen a mild amount of praise. It fits her playstyle to shoot from the air than to try to plow through enemies. Give us an augment that aids in that sense.

Air Burst Vortex would bring back a better incarnation of Divebomb Vortex. This would be the augment for those who want to feel like they're playing a Wind Elemental! Air Burst would keep its CC potential while having a way to quickly deal some devastating status to enemies.

Right now, while Zephyr is still being monitored, something needs to happen with Target Fixation It feels like a rushed out augment that could be so much better.

if they changed it to that hover suggestion, well, I'd have to remake my Zephyr builds because that sounds like the kinda augment that'd suit me perfectly, heck, either of those options would feel way better to me, I don't see a point to the current augment, Zephyr is just way more fun for me with high duration which really messes with fixation's current form