Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Atlas idea - Replace Tectonics

Romlin

I had an idea about Atlas.

What about replacing atlas second ability Tectonics with a knockback kick?

Imagine this, you petrify an enemy, landslide, but he survives with little health. You kick the enemy back and the damage dealth upon contact with either another enemy or wall is enough to kill the target, shattering the petrification dealing damage in an area and leaving rubble behind.

This mechanic could also be worked into a kind of combo system if possible for varied effects (not sure what those effects would be), for example: Landslide - "kick" - Landslide - or Landslide - Landslide - "kick". The kick would then replace one of the punches in the landslide sequence and benefit from the damage multiplier landslide builds.

I dont know why this idea popped into my head, but it sounds like fun, and it would further strengthen the idea of a brawler rather than the boxer he is today.

I don't want Tectonics replaced with a redundant ability. With the Augment, it's incredibly useful for any mission involving defending something. In the scenario you described, if the enemy survived Landslide, I would either A) continue to spam Landslide, or B) shoot them.

29 minutes ago, KirukaChan said:

I don't want Tectonics replaced with a redundant ability. With the Augment, it's incredibly useful for any mission involving defending something. In the scenario you described, if the enemy survived Landslide, I would either A) continue to spam Landslide, or B) shoot them.

I just feel that Tectonics doesnt fit the theme of an up close and personal brawler. And for your A, it would break up the monotonous spam of a single ability a bit without sacrificing the damage potential. It isnt just about what is incredibly useful in certain scenarios or what is the best, it was just an idea that popped into my head that to me sounds like more fun than erecting a wall to hide behind.

1 hour ago, Romlin said:

I just feel that Tectonics doesnt fit the theme of an up close and personal brawler. And for your A, it would break up the monotonous spam of a single ability a bit without sacrificing the damage potential. It isnt just about what is incredibly useful in certain scenarios or what is the best, it was just an idea that popped into my head that to me sounds like more fun than erecting a wall to hide behind.

Except Atlas is not only a brawler but an Earth-themed framed. From his name, to passive to his general skill set he is clearly Earth based and thus Tectonics fits naturally in his kit.

19 minutes ago, Buzkyl said:

Except Atlas is not only a brawler but an Earth-themed framed. From his name, to passive to his general skill set he is clearly Earth based and thus Tectonics fits naturally in his kit.

Thematically yes, in actual gameplay, not in my opinion.