Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arca Lanka

(PSN)LoisGordils

So, a fellow Tenno posted about having the Sniper version of the Arca Scisco and I thought that was a wonderful opportunity to beautify the already deadly Lanka sniper. It kinda fits if you ask me. It'd be awesome to have a long, sleek model with rails that accelerate the projectile. Because, in all honesty, the Lanka's model (and by extension, the Snipetron's as well) is extremely outdated and doesn't really give you that "powerful, precise, railgun of doom" vibe that the Lanka should give :]

#YesForArcaLanka

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils

18 minutes ago, (Xbox One)ultimategamerjr said:

Arca isn't supposed to be the name of variant weapons. You are actually asking for a Lanka Vandal, as that is the type of variant that the Lanka could get.

Incorrect, my friend. "Arca" are a series of Corpus weapons manufactured from "newly discovered composites". I'm not asking for a " Lanka Vandal". I'm asking for the Lanka, the one most of us have, to have a new model that fits with the Arca weapon aesthetic and rename it to Arca Lanka :p

2 hours ago, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Incorrect, my friend. "Arca" are a series of Corpus weapons manufactured from "newly discovered composites". I'm not asking for a " Lanka Vandal". I'm asking for the Lanka, the one most of us have, to have a new model that fits with the Arca weapon aesthetic and rename it to Arca Lanka :p

it wouldn't be an arca weapon if it was a variant.

27 minutes ago, Tyfyter2002 said:

it wouldn't be an arca weapon if it was a variant.

Again, repeat after me, I'M NOT SUGGESTING A VARIANT. I'm suggesting that the Lanka be renamed and remade to be part of the Arca Series. Similar to how the Braton, originally thought to be Corpus, was given a new model along with the Lotus symbol or how the Twin Krohkur were originally "Dual Krohkur". A model and name update is MY SUGGESTION, NOT A VARIANT. Is it that complicated to understand?

To clarify: OP wants a new model for the Lanka similar to an elongated Arca Sisco (with the rails on top of the gun) and to add "Arca" to the name for consistency.

Although I agree the Lanka could use a model update, I don't think it should be treated as an Arca weapon. I'd rather see something closer to a sleeker sniper-length Opticor aesthetic.

Edited by DiabolusUrsus

1 minute ago, Ker-Blammo said:

How about just a new sniper? I think that'd be better than changing up an already existing weapon. 

Maybe, but there is not much to create in this field. 2 impact snipers, 2 puncture, 1 elemental. Slash is missing, preferably infested theme.

The Lanka is already pretty frieken powerful, and if there was to be a variant that applied the power of the Arca series it would truly be a weapon to surpass metal gear. I'd be in favor of either a model change or a new sniper with that aesthetic because that sounds pretty cool. Don't touch my Snipetron model though, I like it boxy.