Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

how do pets recognize you? a theory involving smell. spoilers ahead for Second Dream and possibly War Within

zoobmer

since my fluff post from yesterday is perhaps my most popular post on these forums, here's another.

I always wondered how Kubros recognized their owner. Kubros, and later Kavats and Chargers, clearly bond with their owner and no one else. but if my warframe looks like another Tenno's frame, but does not look like my other warframes, how do they still recognize who is who. the solution seemed simple: dogs and cats have a heightened sense of smell compared to hoomans. they can simply smell their owner.

the Second Dream complicates this, however. operators are not in their warframes. what is going on? my conclusion: void energy has a scent, which is unique for each tenno, just as body odor is unique for each hooman

it makes sense, since the sense of smell literally uses quantum physics, what would stop it from picking up on something like void energy?

so there you have it, Kubros and Kavats can smell the operator, regardless of whether the operator pets them directly, or as a warframe.

Or you know... that neck thing you place on them during the "howl of the kubrow" quest ? That thing is probably linked to your operator/frame connection aswell.

Which would explain how dumb the kubrows are seeing how capable our operator is (MY WARFRAME IS STRONK)

Edited by Trichouette

On 2/14/2018 at 9:20 PM, Trichouette said:

Or you know... that neck thing you place on them during the "howl of the kubrow" quest ? That thing is probably linked to your operator/frame connection aswell.

Which would explain how dumb the kubrows are seeing how capable our operator is (MY WARFRAME IS STRONK)

While that would explain it for kubrows, it doesn't work for kavats since you can't equip a collar to them.

il y a une heure, ThunderKitsune a dit :

While that would explain it for kubrows, it doesn't work for kavats since you can't equip a collar to them.

Kavats are the kind of feature that was added without much thought though....

They come out of a kubrow egg, tell me how logic is that ?

Il y a 2 heures, MagPrime a dit :

Since when?  

il y a une heure, Prophet_007 a dit :

That never happens!

Il y a 2 heures, ThunderKitsune a dit :

That is strange.

My bad, they require 10 genetic template, but that's still weird. (oh well, dogs coming out of eggs is weird too)

10 hours ago, Trichouette said:

but that's still weird. (oh well, dogs coming out of eggs is weird too)

Well, technically they are alien Dogs, who has abilities. Weird abilities. They are more or less like the aliens from the movie aliens(coming out of eggs). Kavats do make sense as gene cloning is a a real thing and we scan those feral kitty's for their genes to replicate.

Edited by Prophet_007