Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trinity needs attention

m3stuart

I feel like Trinity needs some attention. With the addition of so many support frames with so many things that they can offer , i feel like she dosen't feel like she stands out anymore. Don't get me wrong she is great for spamming 4, and making evry1 take 75% for 25 seconds or so, but that's about it about her. Yeah use her 2 to give sum energy, 3 to make yourself almost invincible and that's about it.

For new players she is hard to get, since she is on Pluto, witch takes time to farm the Beacons, in order to fight Ambulas.

I feel like she needs some changes to make her stand out a bit. For example:

Well of Life : Marks an area for 7/9/10/12 seconds that heals allies that stand within it. It base stats would be the same as they are now for her first ability, and a radius of 4/4.5/5/5.5/6 (4/6/8/10 depends) meters.

Think about Hydroid Barrage or Octavia's Mallet.

Blessing : Add 2 more seconds to it's base duration to match Link base duration and add a 4/6/8/10% (2/3/4/5%) base movement speed to allies affected by Blessing. The Movement speed it's not affected by Mods, unless it`s the 2/3/4/5% version, where power strengths mods would add up to 5% movements speed with 250% Power Strength.

EDIT: Feel free to share your thoughts about the changes i listed above.

Edited by m3stuart

And here I thought it was going to be another nerf trinity thread.

10 minutes ago, m3stuart said:

Well of Life : Marks an area for 7/9/10/12 seconds th

I would rather WoL just work like the energy one - pulse the damage out without further needing to damage the enemy

10 minutes ago, m3stuart said:

Blessing :...and add a 4/6/8/10% (2/3/4/5%) base movement speed

No - we already have people complain about unwanted speed buffs from volt, they would just whine about this too.

I would like a little more duration - but you can get good duration with proper modding.  I would rather it be buffed to 85% given things like Gara can do far more damage reduction for allies.

4 minutes ago, Emulad0or said:

Good ideas for Well of Life and the duration of Blessing, however, please no more stuff to mess up with other people's parkour. There is no need to give movement speed with Blessing

I personally enjoy some bonus Movement Speed, but i can see why people would complain about it. I can live without that bonous movement speed.

52 minutes ago, m3stuart said:

well of Life : Marks an area for 7/9/10/12 seconds that heals allies that stand within it. It base stats would be the same as they are now for her first ability, and a radius of 4/4.5/5/5.5/6 (4/6/8/10 depends) meters.

I thought about combining her 1(Well Of Life) and 2(Energy Vampire) abilities to 1 ability and make her link toggleable

FWIW, my thoughts on Trinity from a previous topic:

Buff the duration on Link already.
12 seconds is ridiculously low, something like 30 (at least) would be a lot more sensible
(and while we're at it, maybe increase Blessing to ... let's say half that, so minimum 15 seconds).

Alternatively, make Link a toggle with a "conditional" Energy drain (i.e. only when linked to enemies)
so that (like with Pacify & Provoke or Desecrate) Energy regen stuff can still affect Trinity during Link.

And then, buff Energy Vampire. Wait Kanye, let me finish.
Increase the Energy giving radius so that a more balanced build is easier to sustain
(have an upper limit on it if you consider max Range builds reaching too far a problem),
however, have EV in turn follow Miasma's footsteps and reward high / punish low Duration
by having the amount of Energy pulses scale with Duration
(while of course still keeping the on-kill massive burst), adjust the per-pulse gains as needed.

Dunno really what to do with Well Of Life, maybe ...
make it a bit like Smite / Reckoning, in that the targeted enemy emits a small stun AoE
that also causes enemies hit to drop Health Orbs if killed within X seconds.
There, now Trinity gets some AoE CC which is always nice, and a "lingering heal spot" with the Orbs
to complement the (more expensive) insta-heal via Blessing.
Plus, possible Health Conversion goodness, yay.
And have the Augment give an extra Health and Energy Orb, I guess :P

Or, maybe make it more like a Mind Control / Scarab Swarm combo,
keep it as a single-target CC ability, but allow multiple instances,
make the target invulnerable but store up damage like with MC,
have it send out healing (and when hitting full Health, Shield-restoring) pulses
that scale with Duration just like my EV suggestion above,
add a hold function to shut off the (entire ability including) invulnerability,
upon which the stored damage is inflicted (and maybe a burst heal is unleashed).
To negate (e.g. Defense) trolling and stuff, have the enemy/ies count as dead
right when lethal damage is stored up, and have them drop their loot.
[This change would also be nifty for Mind Control, BTW.]

4 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

FWIW, my thoughts on Trinity from a previous topic:

These seem way too broken imo. Link to 30 seconds as it`s base duration?! Nopeh. I don't really want to manage my energy drain on her Third either. Well of Life makes no sense.

All i'm trying to say, is that it's indeed in old post, and by that, i mean the guy who made that, thought about himself, and not others. I'm trying to be a realist here, and think about evry1 that plays Trinity, while knowing how DE works.

For some reason, i feel offended by that old post. It's like he never played Trinity, and he decided to say "buff that, do that". That is not how it works.

I think Trinity still remains as the best healer of the game, 75% damage reduction 24/7, instant full healing, instant full energy recover, if you do a comparison with other healers main roles:

Harrow: make team inmune to teralist aoe, endless missions

Oberon: defection mission

While Trinity: exp farm, trials (rip), teralist capture, endless missions, defection, target defense.

The only change I would do it´s her one, instead of a bad healing hability (why do yo need 2?) it could be some sort of partial cc, enemy damage decrease or a status cleanse/resistance, but this can be solved by a blessing augument.

Edited by Valgaarv

I would love some change around Energy Vampire.

As it is, I find it to be just dumb in most of the case. Since the energy gain is more important than the energy cost, it means infinite energy in most of the case.

But sometimes you are just lacking targets to use Energy Vampire on (Hello Eidolons fight). Having something in between would be nice.

Like an aura on Trin that give energy to yourself and allies with a CD (yes, throw me rocks, but deep down you know that even like this it would be way better than any other support frame)

My thoughts: 

Blessing: Just leave it alone. Messing with Blessing will screw over people who want a low duration, spammable 4 that makes Sorties actually bearable where Mobile Defense and Defense are concerned.

Link: make it energy based instead of duration based, with 2%/per second/per enemy. Base energy cost should remain 75, and should be affected by ability efficiency, as normal.

WoL: instead of being a discount Blessing, this could cause flora, vines and the like to sprout up around the point of where the ability was cast outward at 10/15/20/25 meters for the same duration of the current WoL. These would impede the movement of enemies travelling through it (though would not affect their fire rate like Nova's Molecular Prime), slowing enemies by 15/20/25/30% so defending choke points and reviving allies becomes a bit easier. As this would necessitate a change to WoL's augment as well, I would suggest that the augment be changed to give 5/10/15/20% chance to knock enemies down as they trip over a vine/tangle. The ability will not be increased by range, nor by power. That said, it would still be affected by duration. This would give Trinity, the lowest armor rating frame in the game, just that little bit of CC to round her out without breaking her by making her better than any particular frame.

To be said. I think that Well of Life really could use a rework. Link some buffing to make it actually be a bit better.

Well of Life rework suggestion:

When cast on allies or itself: Grants increased armor in units. Not % to increase it's effectiveness on Warframes like Banshee, Zephyr or Nyx. Health regeneration not based on max health. A bit like Renewal but unlike Renewal. Once the target reaches max health the buff will disappear and Trinity can cast it on another ally. Trinity can apply this buff on itself with same benefits but with increased damage resistance when shields are up 15% which scales on your health and shields if Trinity looses shields while Well of Life is applied on itself it will come to effect again once shields regenerate. This is only two target buff. Basically Trinity itself and one ally. This buff ends once allied target is fully healed by the regeneration or duration comes to an end.

When cast on enemy: Stun locks the target and allies within affinity range receive health regeneration for short amount of time per damage on target tick. Allies who received health regeneration from damage tick from enemy that received Well of Life. Can venture out of the affinity range with the health regeneration that will end but wont receive more health regeneration buffs once outside affinity range if enemy is killed while having the Well of Life

Link:

Will still keep the same cap of damage resistance but with Well of Life cast on itself can reach 90% however this will come with a cost. When cast link reduces damage dealt with all weapons Trinity is wielding by 15% this solely scales on power strength and even then the scaling is high. Enemies affected by Link will receive damage based on damage of the shot that hit Trinity without any damage resistances instead of based on damage received after reducing the amount of damage by the damage resistances provided by Well of Life and Link or Link alone + the damage is amplified shields and health mods will increase the damage received by the Link enemies that are under effects of it.