Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Shrine of the Eidolon: Update 22.13.0

[DE]Megan

Why didnt daikyu get its crit chance buff? id rather it keep its 5 second hold time, but have its crit chance buffed. slow firing yet unreliable weapons are one of the worst things about this game.

Latron wraith lost 11% status chance, how is that a buff? the notes say it dropped from 15% to 14%. thats incorrect. it dropped from 25% to 14%

Also please give javlok its screen shake back! i absolutely loved how it felt when the javlok was thrown. the screen shake was what made it feel so awesome!

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Ivara’s Prowl will now only steal from each enemy once total, instead of once per Ivara. Our intent is to mirror how Nekros’ Desecrate also functions, considering the recent movement of Sentient Cores to certain Sentient variants. It’s rewarding to be the warmly welcomed Nekros in an Argon Crystal run, and we hope Ivara will now be welcomed equivalently.

Great, Ivara is now a downgraded version of Nekros with the trouble of needing enemies to be alive, which makes them way less cooperative than the dead corpses Nekros' looking for. Her strongest point was the ability to make the most out of rare enemies, but I guess that was to good... although I do understand it might have been to much when used on Vomvalyst, but still, Nekros was way more commonly used for the average farming runs and has now the complete upper hand.

• Ivara’s Prowl will now only steal from each enemy once total, instead of once per Ivara. Our intent is to mirror how Nekros’ Desecrate also functions, considering the recent movement of Sentient Cores to certain Sentient variants. It’s rewarding to be the warmly welcomed Nekros in an Argon Crystal run, and we hope Ivara will now be welcomed equivalently. 

Hmm I'm confused? 

I get why the change was made, i'm OK with the change itself...... but why would making prowl less effective make Ivara(s) any more welcome in a group?

At best you are looking at a scenario where people will just actively shun anything more than a single Ivara. 

1 hour ago, SnuggleBuckets said:

Map and font improvements sound neat!
I don't see anything on reducing Arca Scisco recoil while zoomed in :(
Also I hope AI pathfinding will continue to be tweaked to minimise conflicts with how it works on the plains vs regular tilesets.
And please, reconsider plains archwing instakill rockets, how they function not only in instantly disabling archwings but how they interacy with Titania and Dargyns.
And that 1-2 second delay after doing an aerial swing from a jump/bulletjump where you can't continue with melee attacks could use fixing, annoying that you can't keep chaining your attacks like you can after every other move like sliding and attacking and immediately continuing with your swings, the game registering you tapping the melee button.

Did some further testing with melee jump attacks, and currently you recover faster to continue meleeing from a ground slam than you do from a jump/bulletjump melee swing.
The UI looks really clear and smooth now, very pleasing to the eyes to read text, thanks!

Okay, I took more time to see what's exactly wrong.

1. Tops of letters have 1 pixel 50% transparent.

2. Bottoms of every letter are 50% transparent. Every adjacent to edge pixel.

4. Inside of letter 'e' is blurry because of same 50% transparent edge pixel effect.

I can make a photo with my camera or phone, if that is necessary. Generally text in browsers is, for me, letters like 'l' are as thick as 1 pixel. So this 'blur' really hurts.

I think printScreen of a browser vs ingame font is enough. LETTER SHADOW IS BAD, OKAY!

zoqCy.jpg

Nice skins from the community as usual, always have been better than the devs' skins. Maybe you should listen to a community that doesn't want you to take away content that we loved despite the tiny flaws and bugs that you think are reason enough to remove trials from the game in order to preserve "content for all MR and players" when everyone can play a raid after learning it.

Maybe if you put as much effort into cosmetics instead into fixing your game, especially PoE, it would be good content. I'd advise to stop pushing endgame as FashionFrame and giving your veterans, like me, a real reason to play the game now that we have everything and you have taken away the only few things we found slightly challenging and fun to speedrun.

So don't remove raids and give them the Dark Sector treatment. I can assure you that many of us won't come back or stay around for another 3 years to simply play a raid that you haven't touched in years. Thanks for screwing over your most valued patrons, the veterans.

7 minutes ago, Neofaucheur said:

Great, Ivara is now a downgraded version of Nekros with the trouble of needing enemies to be alive, which makes them way less cooperative than the dead corpses Nekros' looking for. Her strongest point was the ability to make the most out of rare enemies, but I guess that was to good... although I do understand it might have been to much when used on Vomvalyst, but still, Nekros was way more commonly used for the average farming runs and has now the complete upper hand.

Also factor in that every slashed target would be a desecrate proc chance over a vastly wider area than Ivara's prowl could ever hope to match.

As someone mentioned before, Ivara team farming was for a very specific niche target and could never hope to match the mass farmability of a single never mind dual Nekros farm.

We're working on getting Arcanes on Teralysts live before the weekend!

Improved Arcane Management most likely in another Update.

Stay tuned :clem:

Thanks for not even waiting 12 days until trials die.

Thanks for throwing the middle finger to frequent raiders.

Thanks for buffing arcanes just before trials die.

Thanks for overhauling the arcane management system before trials die.

And most importantly, thanks for killing the trials.

Much thanks.

Ivara’s Prowl will now only steal from each enemy once total, instead of once per Ivara. Our intent is to mirror how Nekros’ Desecrate also functions, considering the recent movement of Sentient Cores to certain Sentient variants. It’s rewarding to be the warmly welcomed Nekros in an Argon Crystal run, and we hope Ivara will now be welcomed equivalently. 

so that is saying that the a full team of ivaras on a lua mission, to get those mods and especially the insulting hard to get parst of the war blade, is now useless?

well, thanks alot then - i hope you concider increasing the dropchance of those weapon-parts and mods too, else you should be ashamed...

In like, 1000+ hours of gameplay Ivara's prowl has given me exactly one rare item I would not have had otherwise: Stinging Thorn. It was not crying out for a change of any kind.

Now...might as well buy the What Stalker bundle, because I can kiss war blades and hilts good bye. 

Just now, Sir_Alex_Traffo said:

Wait, not a single Eidolon fix? The teleport bug is still there, as well as the one where the Eidolon will die regardless of charged lures nearby.. 

Ha, all these bugs with PoE and they say trials are too buggy to keep. What a joke!

Are we still in beta? i know for one i didnt ask for a UI font change. Also where do i go to revert it back to something i can see at high resolution, or shall i bill you for a new set of reading glasses? Give us a poll next time DE. 

and for those developers in canada DE you need to live by this rule

- IF IT AINT BROKE DONT FIX IT -

1 minute ago, MogTheMagnificent said:

Are we still in beta? i know for one i didnt ask for a UI font change. Also where do i go to revert it back to something i can see at high resolution, or shall i bill you for a new set of reading glasses? Give us a poll next time DE. 

I 2nd this post.

Do have to say I popped into the game to check out the advanced map and I think it's pretty spiffy. 

Liked the "sun dial" esq timer, it gave you enough info to be effective without needing to give you an exact number. Tho I would have no problem if it just gave a numerical value. It makes me hopeful that we might start seeing similar indication for things on the star chart. 

Was kinda strange tho I went to move around and when I hit A and instead of me moving the map drifted to the left hand side of the screen from the center. So I  figured OK in Advanced map mode WASD moves the map around so hitting D would drift it back but it didn't. Mouse worked fine to reposition it tho :)

It was also nice to be able to waypoint things wherever via the new map system instead of having to have line of sight.

Overall I think the Advanced map is a very nice addition to the game :)

Archived