The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kavat's are too difficult to farm for.

RedZeroInferno

This is likely old news by now but it seriously needs to be said, The farm for Kavat genetic code is nigh impossible without a full squad that knows exactly what to do and where to go and so on, Trying to farm genetic code from the kavats in the derelict is a pain and the rarity that they actually give genetic code is a pain ontop of that, it's RNG ontop of RNG and it needs to be easier, especially for newer players that want kavats.

Just make it easier to farm genetic code please?

Buying from the market is never the go-to answer for a players situation like this. 

First thing is buy the synthesis scanner widgets. This will give you the chance to get double scans, costs nothing to use scanner and scans faster.

Second thing is bring a vauban/vauban prime. your third ability will suspend kavats making them super easy to scan. Run with your scanner out and just melee enemies.

Running in a full squad will yield more kavats in the mission. 

Good luck, Tenno.

I think the problem is the drop rates were balanced around full groups farming for them, which was very effective when you'd have 4 vaubans blanketing a map with bastille, and no-one killing them unless they scanned without a code.

Of course now, you're probably going to be the only one in the group after codes, everyone else is going to be killing everything, and if you play solo to avoid others killing them then the number that spawns drops so much, you have to do 4 times as many missions.

It is annoying for newer players to get Kavat scans.  But at the same time, newer players are overextending themselves if they're targeting Kavats, simply because of the cost to obtain, maintain and upgrade the thing, not even considering the upgrades they have to make to even be viable in those maps.  They'll have better luck getting trash Primes to sell and then buying the Kavat starter pack from the market, and I think that's ok.  It encourages them to either support the game or to keep playing and improve, which also supports the game.

In general, I think DE should do a better tutorial on how to get them instead of increasing anything, mainly because it encourages more tailoring and playing to make Warframes that help farming, but because it improves the immersion, imo. 

You don't need a full team to go Kavat scanning, just a stealth frame or hard cc frame that can immobilize or slow entire rooms, as well as the Simaris scanner widget that can potentially double your scan yields. 

RedZeroInferno

The best advice I can give you is farm up rep with either Simaris or Suda, get one of the Heliocors and use those to kill the feral kavats.  It will scan each time you kill one, making the process a whole lot smoother.

Or just find a mission type you're good at that can drop rare mods/parts and use trade chat to sell them for the plat you need for the kavats.  That way you can do something you like while also being able to get exactly the type of kitty you want. (most rare mods sell for 10p+ and you can probably get a pair of kavat genes for 15p)

Edit: Sorry for the super ugly name, I couldn't find a View Source button in the post editor to fix it.

Edited by SuddenMist