Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Condroc Conundrum

Malziel

Prologue

After completing my daily sortie, I received what would become one of the most hilarious, painful, and head scratching Riven Challenges I had ever encountered. 

Lo and behold, one of those newfangled Plains challenges!

"Well, this should be easy."

So, as I loaded into the Plains, I figured I would hit up one of the larger Grineer installations that always seem to have a few Condroc circling above...

I tried countless weapon and frame combinations, but nothing seemed to work. The Condroc died with time to spare, yet the Riven Challenge never seemed to complete. Heck, the counter didn't even go up when a single Condroc was killed!

The Dawning Conclusion

And that's when I noticed...

When I moused over the Condroc that spawn over the Grineer installation, no marker appeared over them. Surely this doesn't matter, I thought.

It does.

After spending an absolutely load of time on the Plains, I had finally figured it out. There are two types of Condroc in the Plains of Eidolon.

Static Condroc, which will always spawn in predetermined locations.

Dynamic Condroc, whose chances of spawning are determined by RNG. (and continue to haunt my very existence.)

The Aftermath

And there we have it, Tenno. The end of more than a couple of hours bouncing around the plains, not knowing what in the world I had done wrong, until a crazy idea just so happened to be proven true. Good luck to everyone trying to complete a challenge like this, and I hope DE will change how these Static Condroc work soon.

TL;DR: There are two types of Condroc, and only the ones that spawn by RNG will count toward any Plains Riven Challenges that involve them.

Edited by Malziel

But do they spawn every time? Also this needs to be fixed because I just spent 2-3 hours trying to do this and people in region chat think i'm either trolling or just dumb. Another bug for DE to fix.

I just tried for another hour and yes, you can find condroc on the left side of the plains, specifically near the ocean.

EDIT: Please please please fix this DE, I just transmuted 4 rivens and got this condition, very unsatisfying, it's like i just threw away 4 rivens for no reason.

Edited by Lucidess