Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hephaestus, the Gods' Hammer warframe.

(PSN)JimsonWeeder

Notes: This is a Major WIP.  What you see now is a concept taking shape from its very first step. Any and all input would be welcome and needed. i will constantly update this thread on a basis if i need to

Content written in a blue font means it is soon to be edited

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fore note:

Hephaestus, as my project plan, would be a warframe that takes a bit of lore to really grasp his character, (much like Wukong or Nezha) as I want to derive him from the Greek God of Blacksmiths and Inventors.

In Myth, Hephaestus was the deformed son of Zeus and Hera, who was tasked with making arms and armaments for the golds that would in turn strengthen their own individual abilities.

From this brief fact, I can already envision Hephaestus being a combat focused support, where his abilities lean on dealing damage as much as they can bolster allies.

Base Stats: (input needed, as i don't know if its ideal. I don't want Heph to be strong from the get-out but have a fighting chance.)

• Health: 110 -->240
  • Shields:125--> 250
  • Energy:175--> 285
  • Armor:85--> 100
  • Sprint:0.9

Abilities:  

• Passive:  Armorer: Increases Allie's  armor by 5 every 1 second, to a maximum of 60 , within a 8m range. Hephaestus gains + 10% health for each ally in range, to a maximum of 30%
    • (pretty much wanting to have hepheastus players draw others into more collected group combat, despite the risks, as it could lead to better gameplay experience. the armor buff would do great for a number of other 'lighter' frames, such as Titania, Limbo, Nyx even. And with Heph not being too strong leaning, he'll have incentive to stay close to others.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ability side notes:

Starting things off with the Slag mechanic: "Slag" is a unique property to Hephaestus' powers. Enemies that have been coated in slag have a 60% chance to be slowed by -15%/ -30%/-45%/ -55% and take heat  45/ 65/ 75/ 90 damage over time for6/7/8/9 seconds  (shared timer for both statuses on enemies).

Golden Fleece: Allies that have been slagged are granted a small damage reduction, marked as a buff which breaks after duration of 7/10/13/15 seconds or health buffer of 150/225/300/375 HP points . Essentially a transferrable Iron Skin that scales off of Hephaestus' stats with a trade off of -10% sprint speed.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1.Slag toss{25 energy}:  (1 handed CoE) {55/60/65/70 degree cone spread on a 4/5/6/7 range.} Hephaestus hurls a spray of slag in front of him, burning enemies and slowing their movements with a coat of molten gold. initial damage is 150/225/300/385 heat damage on contact, with a 60% status chance to deal  45/ 65/ 75/ 90 heat damage, and -15%/ -30%/-45%/ -55% movement speed for 6/7/8/9 seconds.

*Allies caught in the spray are given damage reduction for a set duration and damage cap but are slowed by 10% running speed, as they are granted the "Golden fleece buff"

2. Quench {35 energy}:  (6/8/10/11 M radial Aoe with a 1second cast time) Hephaestus forces his slag to cool and harden, trapping slagged enemies inside their own brittle shell.

• deals an initial wave of 75/ 110/145/170 damage to ANY enemy, regardless of being slagged or not, with a brief stagger
  • Slagged enemies are frozen where they stand for 10/12/15/18 seconds, or until damaged

On slagged enemies:

• Deals an additional 10 % puncture damage on hit (calculated as 10% of the initial base damage strike on an enemy, regardless of source.)
  • 11/13/14/15 chance to degrade enemy armor by either 10 - 20% (?) nothing too generous on this.
  • Augment idea: strikes on entrapped enemies deal ?/?/?/? slash damage with a ?/?/?/? status chance

3.Crucible{50 energy}: Hephaestus showers himself in slag and conjures a large pool of molten gold at his feet. (two handed ability, you can not move while casting. Cast time of 3.4 seconds, range of 5/6/7/8 Ms, and a duration of 10/12/15/18 seconds

1. Hephaestus gains the 'golden fleece' buff that he is able to give to allies from his 1st ability, but suffers no penalty to speed
  2. Enemies walking inside the slag are  slowed and take heat damage, (just like an AoE form of Slag Toss) . enemies entering the AoE now take 28/ 56/ 74/ 92 heat damage each second they are inside. and are slowed for -25%/ -40%/-55%/ -75% movement speed
  3. Allies are able to maintain the 'golden fleece' buff from slag toss by walking into the slag, as this buff will no longer have a timer (but will keep its health/ damage limit) while they remain in the aoe. once they leave the timer will restart.
  4. Allies cannot gain Golden Fleece from Crucible, and must wait for a hephaestus to coat them with slag toss

4.Vulcan Hammer. {100 Energy, with a 0.6 channel rate}Hephaestus summons his exalted hammer, the Erichton, to deal fast, hard hitting swings to anyone that draws near to him. This is a small hammer, the size of a Halikar,  but makes up for in damage and power what it lacks in range and speed.  (This is an exalted weapon with a unique Charged attack, where the Hammer is thrown wherever Hephaestus is aiming )

On summon:

• dagger- like moveset, for tight, controlled attack style.
  • Unable to use weapons while wielding the Erichthon, but able to cast all other abilities
  • attack rate of 0.66,  base damage of ?/?/?//?? (i'll figure all these numbers later. its base atttack, slide and wall attacks , crits etc.....)

On charged melee attack

• each toss expends an additional 25 energy but the channel rate does not continue until the hammer is returned in hand
  • 1 second delay. 1.5 return delay after hitting end of flight.
  • casting range of 10/12/15/18 meters. able to travel in a true aim path through groups of enemies, only stopping once it hits terrain.
  • Flight speed of 20 m/s.
  • Guaranteed knockdowns with a 33% chance of proccing a -25% armor reduction onto enemies hit, and dealing 185/275/365/455 impact damage. (Affected by equipped melee mods).
  • deals 185/275/365/455 impact damage. (Affected by equipped melee mods).

Augment idea: kills with the erichthon hammer upon slagged enemies generate a 3/4/5/7 M wide burst of ?/?/?/? Blast damage

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited by (PS4)JimsonWeeder
more changes and definition, as of 3/8 base draft design has been added

15 hours ago, (PS4)Ghost--00-- said:

I have no clue whats going on? Why did post this? 

Why did I post this so bare? I'm willing to take any and all group involvement as I move forward on this concept. I'm dead set on making a frame everyone would want to play.

i'm going to be adding constant updates however, onto the OP, so please stick around for this.

On 2/15/2018 at 4:44 PM, (PS4)JimsonWeeder said:

Notes: This is a Major WIP.  What you see now is a concept taking shape from its very first step. Any and all input would be welcome and needed. i will constantly update this thread on a basis if i need to

Content written in a blue font means it is soon to be edited

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hephaestus, as my project plan, would be a warframe that takes a bit of lore to really grasp his character, (much like Wukong or Nezha) as I want to derive him from the Greek God of Blacksmiths and Inventors.

In Myth, Hephaestus was the deformed son of Zeus and Hera, who was tasked with making arms and armaments , (and even furniture and the likes) for the Gods, A natural talent as a builder.

From this i can see him being a balanced mix of DPS and Support, where as his abilities can dish out pain or embolden allies as well.

Theme Notes: Hephaestus has a number of features on his character in the myths, and i want to incorporate this into the Kit as far as character design and powers.

•  Hobbled; he was an imperfect god in regards to being lame and almost crippled in movement. { shambling animation, bad posture (like nekros or inaros, but not as exaggerated)} {more asymmetry going on than most other frames?}
  • Proud beard but poor eyes: number of instances regarding his face vary, but i already have a design concept in mind
  • Hardware: a common symbol for Heph in the myths was his tools, so i may be including an exalted hammer in his abilities.
  • Chiton: a laborer's uniform in ancient greece, i might use a mix of this and a Smither's apron in his design.
  • Gold:The Gods wielded only the finest of armaments crafted from gold, a metal deemed as pure as their own immortal bodies. Hephaestus worked almost exclusively with gold, about as much as he did with iron.
  • Trickster. He was never well liked but was never unruly, and devised numerous contraptions to his own amusement, from creating a golden throne Hera couldn't leave or a cage to catch his arranged wife Aphrodite cheating with Ares.
  • Fire and Lava: He may have dwelled in Olympus in his own palace, but one of his favorite forges was said to lie far under Mount Atnea. it was even said that when Promethues stole the first flame to give onto man, it came from Hephaestus' forge itself.

Base Stats: (input needed, as i don't know if its ideal. I don't want Heph to be strong from the get-out but have a fighting chance.)

• Health: 110 -->240
  • Shields:125--> 250
  • Energy:125--> 185
  • Armor:85--> 100
  • Sprint:0.9
  • Passive:  Armorer: Increases Allie's  armor by 2 every 1 second, to a maximum of 30, within a 5m range. Hephaestus gains small health regen for every ally under this effect: +2 for each ally, +6 for the whole squad
    • (pretty much wanting to have hepheastus players draw others into more collected group combat, despite the risks, as it could lead to better gameplay experience. the armor buff would do great for a number of other 'lighter' frames, such as Titania, Limbo, Nyx even. But the health regen would be a minute boost to heph, as he can't gain the added armor from his own passive.

Abilities:  

Starting things off with the Slag mechanic: "Slag" is a unique property to Hephaestus' powers. Enemies that have been coated in slag are slowed by and take heat ?/?/?/? damage over time for ?/?/?/? (shared timer for both statuses on enemies).

Allies that have been slagged are granted a small damage reduction, marked as a buff which breaks after duration of ?/?/?/? seconds or a damage cap of ?/?/?/? points. "the Golden Fleece"

Melee kills with the Erichthon hammer (by Breaking Aim and Vulcan Hammer) triggers a blast proc for ?/?/?/? damage , if the enemy was slagged.

Slag toss:  (1 handed CoE) {60 degree cone spread on a 4 meter reach/ 6 meter at max rank.} Hephaestus hurls a spray of slag in front of him, burning enemies and slowing their movements with a coat of molten gold. *Allies caught in the spray are given damage reduction for a set duration and damage cap butare slowed by 10% running speed, as they are granted the "Golden fleece buff"

Breaking Aim: (1 handed projectile cast, right handed) Hephaestus summons his exalted hammer, The Erichton, for a deadly toss that shatters shields and armor of enemies caught in its path.

Crucible: Hephaestus showers himself in slag and conjures a large pool of molten gold at his feet (two handed cast, you're held in place while casting it,but only for a couple seconds) which acts as a medium sized AoE that has 3 unique functions.

1. Hephaestus gains the slag armor that he is able to give to allies from his 1st ability, but suffers no penalty to speed
  2. Enemies walking inside the slag are more slowed and take heat damage, just like an AoE form of Slag Toss)
  3. Allies are able to regain the armor buff from slag toss by sliding into the slag, and this buff will no longer have a timer (but will keep its health/ damage limit) while they remain in the aoe. once they leave the timer will restart.

Vulcan Hammer. Hephaestus summons his exalted hammer, the Erichton, to deal fast, hard hitting swings to anyone that draws near to him. This is a small hammer, the size of a Halikar, (hence a basic glaive stance movestyle) but makes up for in damage and power what it lacks in range and speed. While Hephaestus wields his hammer, all allies sport an increase in weapon damage (say about 15 % guns and melee) {either while in his Crucible AoE or when up to 5 meters away from Hephaestus}

Melee kills with the Erichthon hammer trigger a burst of heat damage unto enemies affected by 'Slag'

"Crowdfunding" a Warframe Concept? How unconventional. Have you ever been to the Tenno Council Discord? We have a section specifically dedicated to this sort of process.

I've found that, in my time as a conceptor, unless you are of an artistic inclination, the forums are FAR better as a display-case for finished projects rather then as a feedback zone.

8 hours ago, Unus said:

"Crowdfunding" a Warframe Concept? How unconventional. Have you ever been to the Tenno Council Discord? We have a section specifically dedicated to this sort of process.

I've found that, in my time as a conceptor, unless you are of an artistic inclination, the forums are FAR better as a display-case for finished projects rather then as a feedback zone.

Crowd funding?

9 hours ago, Unus said:

Oh, my apologies, I was referring to the fact that you wish to assemble a team from the local community, taking care to see what their opinions are and the like.

ok, I see. I don't recognize the term because I lack experience with its use, but yes that is essentially what I'm trying to do, step by step. I'm making constant changes to the OP as we speak even. When I began I only had that little section on theme notes, now I'm having members of my clan get involved for further help.

If you have any input to share on the concept I'd love to hear it. and once i feel confident enough with what i have here, I'll consider the discord channel you mentioned, but this is the first time I've heard of it, sadly.

1 hour ago, (PS4)JimsonWeeder said:

ok, I see. I don't recognize the term because I lack experience with its use, but yes that is essentially what I'm trying to do, step by step. I'm making constant changes to the OP as we speak even. When I began I only had that little section on theme notes, now I'm having members of my clan get involved for further help.

If you have any input to share on the concept I'd love to hear it. and once i feel confident enough with what i have here, I'll consider the discord channel you mentioned, but this is the first time I've heard of it, sadly.

Excellant! A clan group project to occupy time during this time of game transition and, perhaps, the ability to become something more.

Alas, I am more gun-maker then frame synthesizer over in the Pit. I have only ever created one suit, Feynman, and I'd like to keep to the one and refine her as is. I lack the vision and balance-intel to do truly well on multiple frames.

With that said, understood sir! Want to make a good impression on first showing up I see I see. Good luck then sir/mam! We will see where the hammer falls!

Hmmmm... The main problem i see is the fact that his abilities give an involuntary debuff to allies if they cross his path. Buffs are ok since they only ever increase the frames capabilities but a debuff even minor may annoy allies who play with this frame making them dislike playing with it (like with what happens with limbo players). My suggestion is make the status voluntary as in one of his abilities allows players to select different buffs with various accompanying debuffs (to go along with his being the Armourer of the gods )while his other abilities simply provide temporary buffs. Other wise an interesting concept that needs more work i'm interested to see what this becomes.

Edited by Cage_Ryomi
small typo fix

12 hours ago, Cage_Ryomi said:

Hmmmm... The main problem i see is the fact that his abilities give an involuntary debuff to allies if they cross his path. Buffs are ok since they only ever increase the frames capabilities but a debuff even minor may annoy allies who play with this frame making them dislike playing with it (like with what happens with limbo players). My suggestion is make the status voluntary as in one of his abilities allows players to select different buffs with various accompanying debuffs (to go along with his being the Armourer of the gods )while his other abilities simply provide temporary buffs. Other wise an interesting concept that needs more work i'm interested to see what this becomes.

The -10% movement speed from the Golden Fleece buff was to , in a sense, corodinate with his passive. With him being a slow frame and having a modest passive range to a strong team passive, as well as more buffing from the rest of his kit, I felt it was a fair trade off. Aside from that, if they run the same speed as you, its easier for them to stay within range of your passive, keeping extra armor alongside the health buffer and some extra weapon damage from his 4th. (If I haven't listed that on yet).

Essentially, if you wanna be a god, stay near the weakest link. Focused and coordinated firefighting with hephaestus, as I plan it to be, could be down right glorious. 

Also, thats only onset with the golden fleece which is triggered by 1 and 3, they have a fairly moderate damage cap duration timer. And it won't in anyway be more than -10%. Unless you decide to mod heavily for strength and not duration and a mix,of,range amd,efficiency. I personally don't feel extra ability strength is that needed for Heph

4 minutes ago, (PS4)JimsonWeeder said:

Pardon?  

I went ahead and looked over your other content, (just to avoid the chance that our works are too alike) and the closest similarity was Tyr, your Norse frame concept. But even then there isn't much between the two to even compare.  Play styles are completely different and ability mechanics alone arent even comparable.

Also no ive never had a chance to meet you until now or get familiar with your concept

It was just a joke, calm down. Since our worked somewhat similar with using the power of the ancient gods to summon their artifacts and get more power and such. Also while gold would look cool it's not a recommendation since it's a very weak metall even though the gods and the leaders or greece and rome used but they weren't the smartest people.

Edited by Megasupremeprime

15 hours ago, Megasupremeprime said:

It was just a joke, calm down. Since our worked somewhat similar with using the power of the ancient gods to summon their artifacts and get more power and such. Also while gold would look cool it's not a recommendation since it's a very weak metall even though the gods and the leaders or greece and rome used but they weren't the smartest people.

I never once said he called upon gods to use his weapon. Its an exalted weapon like Excalibur, wukong, and ivara, and is a frame specific asset. 

And the reason the Greek gods were clad in gold is because of a bit of history from alchemy, stating that gold is the purest form of all metals and is the eauivalent to the flesh of the gods.

6 hours ago, Megasupremeprime said:

It doesn't matter if it's exalted or not since it's still a recreation of the artifacts from an old age.

The real hephaestus never used a hammer that had special powers, and it wasn't called the erichthon. Youre misreading my reference to the Erichthonius, a man serpent offspring of hephaestus.

Can you please also stop with further comments that arent directed towards my overall concept or do you still want to discuss theme notes?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/19/2018 at 3:58 AM, Cage_Ryomi said:

Just requoting to show some changes to you. perhaps you'd agree a slower movement speed is now a fair trade off for more health ,armor and weapon strength, through out the kit?

The Slag thing is very good idea, i`ve already become a fan.

But summoning a weapon is soo Wu Kong.

He`s a God of Blacksmiths. Make him use of his blacksmithing abilities.

Let him pick up metal and other salvage scatered across map and use it to augment his own hammer and Allies melee weapons.

Give him ability to summon rain of hammers and axes, bursting from underground huge sword and spear blades.

And totaly make slam attack with Erichton, a mini Etna eruption with blast and fire damage.

On 3/4/2018 at 5:41 PM, ALEKS_D_RAVEN said:

The Slag thing is very good idea, i`ve already become a fan.

But summoning a weapon is soo Wu Kong.

He`s a God of Blacksmiths. Make him use of his blacksmithing abilities.

Let him pick up metal and other salvage scatered across map and use it to augment his own hammer and Allies melee weapons.

Give him ability to summon rain of hammers and axes, bursting from underground huge sword and spear blades.

And totaly make slam attack with Erichton, a mini Etna eruption with blast and fire damage.

See, I felt I was playing it safe having an exalted weapon, and while I enjoy your creativity I just feel that this idea is too radical(summoning a whole barrage of weaponry). 

Don't get me wrong I want a warframe thats wholly unique in playing but i also want him to fit into the game without causing too much disturbance. 

I will however consider the resource idea to be incorporated into the slag mechanic, somehow. I'm not sure how though. (And I already plan on slam attacks in conjunction with the exalted weapon detail)

Oh. And your thoughts on the rest of his kit?