Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon Sounds Remastered: Part Two

[DE]erichdigital

On February 20, 2018 at 6:33 AM, [DE]erichdigital said:

Thanks for the feedback!

There are currently no plans to muffle gun sounds for silenced / innately silent weapons. We do like this idea though and it has been discussed by the sound design team, so don't count it out as a possibility for the future.

Perhaps, when it comes to bows, look (or hear) inspiration from actual bows? There are countless types of bows in this world and no two sound exactly alike. I know these are supposed to be 'future bows' but they sound all the same to me. For example the Daikyu should sound the heaviest, as it's a long bow and should have a very distinct 'thwang' to it while the Paris and Cernos would not sound as heavy to the same degree. Perhaps look at how wooden bows sound (the difference between Ash, Hazel, Beech, Oak, Hickory) and even composite bows! So many options! Thanks for all the updates. I really dig that extra punch the Latron is receiving!

On 2/22/2018 at 9:13 AM, Helm said:

Can i request the sound team look into the HEK reload sounds? I've always been a little sad that they made its handle pop out as its "magazine" with the sound of a plastic toys rubbing together

The Hek's firing sound also leaves much to be desired. Its whole sound package just begs for an overhaul.