Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kill wild animals with fishing spear: Wild Kubrow don't count?.

QQQQMkII

Got the riven challenge to kill 10 wild animals with a fishing spear. 

I know heaps of wild Kubrow spawn in E Prime, so loaded in with Volt. 

Verified the Riven  was in the loadout. 

Killed 5 wild Kubrow with the Turlac spear: No progress indicated. 

Killed 5 with the lanzo spear: no progress.

On 2/16/2018 at 8:54 AM, DemonikWarframe said:

How dare you not doing it in plains. Haven't you heard, the rest of the game does not exist, you should only do plains of grindeidolon.

Not only that, but dargyns only count for that riven requirement if they spawn flying. Ones on the ground don't count at all.

This challenge sucks. Unless you're willing to put up with the sentient things and the difficulty of night time vision. You need to wait until day time. To find these stupid rabbits. And I have another one where I have to get kills from a drop ship, solo, while aim gliding, with the hobbled key. These new plains challenges make me not want to open these rivens.

• 1 month later...

got one to kill 10 wild animals with the fishing spear without dying/getting downed. Will admit it's better than the last to get 8 headshots consecutively while using an archwing in the plains. It doesn't mention to not get shot but don't get shot with that one or progess resets for some reason. It ended up being a riven for Ooltha zaw. Tired of getting Zaw melee rivens. I have one for Dehtat and both blades don't interest me.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2018-04-17 at 10:32 AM, WhitestWhiteEver said:

got one to kill 10 wild animals with the fishing spear without dying/getting downed. Will admit it's better than the last to get 8 headshots consecutively while using an archwing in the plains. It doesn't mention to not get shot but don't get shot with that one or progess resets for some reason. It ended up being a riven for Ooltha zaw. Tired of getting Zaw melee rivens. I have one for Dehtat and both blades don't interest me.

If you use the Rubico and hang back about 100+ meters, you'll very rarely get shot at. The Rubico is pinpoint accurate at that range, so you shouldn't have any problem. If I need headshot kills for a riven, that's the weapon I bring with me to the Plains.

On 2018-05-19 at 7:34 AM, DampNugget said:

Just did this one with a Loki perma-stealth setup, ditch your companion, sit in stealth and stay clear of enemy formations. Took me less than 10 minutes.

Doesn't help when the quest is "while having an active pet"

id still love to know where you found 8 or 10 animals in less than 10 minutes. I found a flock of condrucs and they despawned right before my eyes as I threw my spear!  If these are going to be a thing, then they need to make them spawn in greater numbers!

• 1 month later...

Was getting frustrated trying to find animals on the Plains then decided to jump up the top of one of the 'spikes' on the hillside (a two spike outcropping just North of the East Tower ruins). Was stealth-ing with Loki -at night and was able to spot three groups (2,3,3) of the Kuaka (plains rat) in just about as much time as it took to bullet jump up, look around and spot/glide/cloak and kill. MUCH easier than using archwing to drop on top of the Sea Spire and trying to 'fish' the Condroc (birds) out of the sky, or run around trying to find 'em in the bushes!!! Btw I was able to go in and out of Archwing, a Dargyn, and the free roam mission itself without losing challenge progress (I did not die or get downed in-between attempts). Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

Can I just ask, wtf was DE thinking with some of these new grindeilon challenges?

Kill 10 dargyn pilots before the hit the ground? Fine.

Complete a top-level bounty without being downed solo? Possible.

Solocue 4 headshots while aim gliding with hobbled? Ehhhh

Spend 4 hours squatting in bushes with a codex scanner looking for rabbits to murder with your spear. #*!% this.

The Grindeilon challenges make me wonder who made the QA team resign because some are outright player hostile.

(I'm taking a week off warframe because this challenge made me rage so hard)

Edited by Lazarus_Paradox
Added emphasis

• 3 weeks later...

Ivara (it doesn't matter if you have a sentinel or a pet active) go invisible, find any group of 3 rabbits or condrocs, sleep arrow them, change to the spear, chop chop chop easy, move to next group. I do this kind of riven challenges in like 10min. Always during day in the plains.

And I can confirm kubrows and feral cats never worked for this challenge so the wiki is wrong.

Edited by Gorgorex

• 1 month later...

I'm also having trouble with this at the moment.

1. Difficult to see animals out on the plains

2. Kuakas start running and then just spontaneously combust before you can spear them.

3. Currently with the infested around they come running to you from miles around.

4. When you have your spear out you cant use any abilities as numbers 1-3 are used for the equipment now.